Ok I promise I will have an interior design related post this afternoon, but I had lots of little bullet points to share with you all so I figure it was best to get it out in a massive post.
- Yesterday was my birthday! This old lady turned 29. I tend to be a complete birthday brat. I don’t normally ask for anything, but on my birthday I want the surprises, cake, presents, etc. The morning got off to a rocky start when I wasn’t too thrilled with Jon’s gift presentation. I actually spent the majority of the day crying about it and figuring out how to trade him in for a newer model :) Thanks to the help of Jules & Linds I decided to give him another shot.
- Of course I continued to fight when Jon got home from work, but since we were heading out to dinner in the city I finally called a truce after an hour long car ride in silence. I told him he can have a do over on my birthday. So let’s see what he comes up with! *Please tell me I’m not the only one that acts like a 5 year old on their birthday.
- We went to eat at Palma's in the Village and it was delish.
- Instead of birthday cake my family surprised me with a birthday cupcake from my favorite place….CRUMBS!
- Presents! Who doesn’t love presents? This year they decided to get me 29 presents! Woo hoo! I like this tradition and next year I’ll expect 30!
Here are 28 of the gifts. Lots of fun treats and favorites of mine.
Then gift 29 was wrapped in a box, within a box, within a box, within a box. My mom thought she was very clever.
After peeling off all the layers I was met with this:
Many thanks and kisses for my family! They did a great job this year. I totally don’t deserve it!
- Plus Moo made his debut on Shelter Pop!
- I’m going on a family vacation. We leave this Friday (14th) on an 8 am flight to visit my grandma, see the sites and attend a wedding in….
We will be hitting the capital, going to the mountains and having some fun in the sun as well. During my time away I have a jam packed schedule of guest bloggers so all should run smoothly while I’m gone. I’ll be back on the 24th!
-Website design is almost finished. Ah famous last words. It’s taken forever and I’ve gone through even more web designers, but it looks like it is almost there. So that’s exciting!
- The blog is also getting a major overhaul. I finally decided what I want to do and it’s going to have lots of bells and whistles for you guys to make things make easier for you. It’s also going to be moving to wordpress and since this high-heel foot is already in the door the name will be changing to Effortless Style. Ah a tear… I’m sad about losing the name, but after lots of consults with people it seems to be the best way to go.
Whew if you got through all that you deserve a cookie!
Thank you all for being such faithful readers. This past year of mine has been a blast due to all of you. I can’t wait to share with you all the fun stuff I have planned for the blog.
Labels: about me