Tuesday, July 20, 2010


Lately I’ve been a bit obsessed with black and white and this pattern:


The obsession started with this LONNY picture:

albert hadley fabric lonny 

It made another appearance in a black/pink color combo in the latest House Beautiful designed by Krista Ewart:


Using the print in bathroom seems to be very popular. Betsy Burnham recently used the print in fabric for her son’s bathroom.


Here it appears in an old image from O magazine:


Lastly it recently appeared in LONNY again:

albert hadley fabric lonny 

I don’t think I could ever tire of the black and white polka dot look. Such a classic, but the firework pattern gives it a unique spin.


The wallpaper and fabric is available via Hinson & Co.


I searched and searched for a look for less option, but came up empty handed on the wallpaper front. Seems like an easy enough do it yourself if you want to get busy with some paint.


* I can swear one of you lovely readers did this to your bathroom on a larger scale, but I can’t remember who. Been searching for 2 hrs now and can’t find it.


While there isn’t a perfect look a like in fabrics this comes pretty close with a similar vibe:

togoblackandwhite Plus it’s only $7.99 a yard.


What do you think about fireworks?



Blogger The Consummate Hostess said...

Love, love, love this. It is sort of unexpected but absolutely fabulous! Happy Tuesday!

July 20, 2010 at 8:34 AM  
Blogger Kerry said...

Love it in the bathroom with the pink from House Beautiful... it's well... BEAUTIFUL!

July 20, 2010 at 8:52 AM  
Blogger Shannon @ Sit.Relax.Gossip. said...

I've been obsessed with this pattern too! I could practically live in those bathrooms I like it so much.

July 20, 2010 at 10:12 AM  
Blogger Leah said...

i'm also another person obsessed with this print! i've also found a few look-a-like fabrics but nada on wallpaper. if anyone finds one, let us know!! great post!

July 20, 2010 at 10:34 AM  
Blogger TeachingInHeels said...

I hadn't seen this print before. I like it, such a great alternative to the polka dot pattern.

July 20, 2010 at 10:43 AM  
Blogger kerry said...

LOVE this!!! Wondering if anyone has used a look-a-like and if so did you love it?

July 20, 2010 at 10:49 AM  
Blogger Lavender and Lilies said...

I have been loving this paper for a while and I want to use it in my bathroom. It's so amazing. I stared at the HB picture forever.

July 20, 2010 at 10:56 AM  
Blogger Lavender and Lilies said...

I have been loving this paper for a while and I want to use it in my bathroom. It's so amazing. I stared at the HB picture forever.

July 20, 2010 at 10:56 AM  
Blogger 溫緯李娟王季 said...

第一次來這裡 愛上你的部落格 感謝你的分享.................................................

July 20, 2010 at 11:29 AM  
OpenID twolovelyspaces said...

Love that Betsy Burnham bath. I think the fireworks are such a fresh take on black and white!

July 20, 2010 at 12:00 PM  
Blogger white wave design said...

i loveeee this pattern... works well in so many places!

July 20, 2010 at 12:50 PM  
Blogger {Arianna Belle} said...

Oh I love this pattern! Especially as used in the pillow in the last photo!

July 20, 2010 at 1:26 PM  
Blogger Fran said...

Love, love, love this pattern and saw it on premier prints too!! I desperately want to find a reason to use it. It shouldn't be hard!

July 20, 2010 at 1:54 PM  
Anonymous Bailey@ peppermintbliss said...

Love 'em. Truly.

July 20, 2010 at 1:57 PM  
Blogger Skifty said...

I don't think the links work...I wasn't abe to get any of them to come up...

July 20, 2010 at 4:30 PM  
Blogger Abbie said...

I love it. It is so fun.

July 20, 2010 at 5:00 PM  
Blogger Kelly Green said...

You and me think alike!! hehe.....I was planning a post about this too! I love,love, love this paper!!!! KG

July 20, 2010 at 6:31 PM  
Blogger LindsB said...

I love it, I think its a fun pattern to use just about anywhere!

July 20, 2010 at 6:47 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Love the fireworks and the table!

July 20, 2010 at 6:49 PM  
Blogger Pemberley said...

Love the black and white!

July 20, 2010 at 9:17 PM  
Blogger Sparrow's Nest said...

I did this in paint to my bathroom on a much larger scale...I just recently painted over it as it look a little like a skinned dalmation (according to the hubby.) I still have pics up on my blog though, if you follow the link from the redone bathroom. ( =

July 21, 2010 at 5:54 PM  
Blogger Sparrow's Nest said...

Here's a link if you are interested.


Like I said...I was on the fence for a while...but, decided in the end to move on. Now it only lives in pictures.

July 21, 2010 at 5:56 PM  
Blogger Maria said...

IM so glad you did a post on this because I've been noticing the same trend and it was also in Eddie Ross's winning window he designed for Elle, i think? anyway, LOVE it and so glad you found a similar fabric, thanks girl!

July 21, 2010 at 10:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home