Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Open House: Living Livelier

When Deborah's email popped into my in box I literally thought I was going crazy. Earlier in the day I had been catching up on her blog and made a note to myself to email her an invite to be part of the Open House series.

 



Well I jotted down her email address and decided to get some work done first and then email her. About 5 minutes later I got an email from her with a bunch of pictures of her space! She must have read my mind.

 



Taking a step into Deborah's entry and I’m already feeling at home:

 



deborahhometour3

Some highlights from the room:


-Madeline Weinrib rug

-Sunburst mirror from Home Goods


- Red cabinet was brought over from Japan by her grandparents in the 1970’s.

-Keep Calm & Carry On artwork by Annechovie

 



Guest Bathroom: I love seeing some of favorites all together. Silhouttes, Imperial Trellis and the color green.



deborahhometour2 Highlight from this room:

 



Love that she got creative with some left-over wallpaper and dressed up a plain jane cabinet.

 



Kitchen Nook: Deborah’s love for Imperial Trellis continues into her eat in kitchen.



deborahhometour



Highlight from this room:



The ebay chairs she found and recovered with her monogram.

 



Sitting Room: Love that she even has a sitting room. I’m totally jealous my teeny tiny little cottage doesn’t have that luxury.



deborahhometour4

Highlights from the room:


-Chic end tables, map artwork & globes from Home Goods.


-Hermes coffee table from Decorator Tag Sale


-Greek Key JA pillow

 



Opposite side of sitting room:



deborahhometour6

- Cool ladder came from grandma ( I guess good taste is inherited! )

 



-Living Room: I think this room is a perfect marriage of my tastes and my husband tastes. Don’t invite us over Deb, because I don’t think we would leave! :)



deborahhometour7

Close up of toss pillows:

deborahhometour8 



Sweet family memories up on the wall:



deborahhometour10 



Deborah’s latest project was wallpapering the back of her secretary with Chiang Mai Dragon.



deborahhometour11



Highlights of the room:



- Home Goods would be proud to see this room. The orange chairs, cowhide ottoman, black bench & lamps are all from there!


-Chic yellow coffee table from The Glass Knob, NH for only $68


-Custom rug from JA


-Large wooden storage hanging piece above sofa was a vintage find from grandma that use to be in a hotel.


-Fretwork fabric in toss pillows & accent chair in sitting room from Duralee.

 



As if I wasn’t already in love I also found out that they have a pool out back, which means pool house!



deborahhometour9 



Deborah’s home is perfect example of my design philosophy. It’s part thrift store/flea market finds, part chic but cheap steals from big box stores and some designer splurges.

 



Deborah, I hope that big house of your has a guest room, because I want an invite to see it all in person.

 



If you have a home that you think HHFITD readers would enjoy email me with pictures! For those of that you have already emailed me don’t worry I’m going through them all and you should hear from me soon.

Labels:

30 Comments:

Blogger 1 Funky Woman said...

Wow, her house is amazing! There is not one room I like more than the others it is all just drool worthy!

July 14, 2010 at 8:39 AM  
Blogger Alexandra Rae said...

Love! Don't we just love the high/low mix. And it always produces the most interesting rooms. Great job Deborah.

July 14, 2010 at 8:51 AM  
Blogger Alexandra Rae said...

Going through this again I just have to give another huge shout out to Deborah for having such an eye. I love Home Goods, but you need to know what to grab and what to pass by. She certainly does. I especially like the sunburst mirror as window treatment.

July 14, 2010 at 8:53 AM  
Blogger UberBliss said...

I LOVE the curtains in the sitting room! Those would look fabulous in my bedroom. I may have to try to make those. I'm leaving for Paris today and sharing all the fun things I'm hoping to find at the flea markets on my blog. Maybe I'll find some curtains there!

July 14, 2010 at 9:17 AM  
Blogger Jade @ Flip Flops + Pearls Design said...

That place is great! Imperial Trellis & Chiang Mai Dragon...yes please!!

July 14, 2010 at 9:42 AM  
Blogger Leah said...

great home! i love that you can see the homeowners personality & great taste! looks comfy AND stylish.

July 14, 2010 at 9:52 AM  
Blogger Carole Tedesco said...

Having been in Deb's home, I can tell you the photos don't even do it justice. It's so warm and inviting, and while it's beautifully decorated, it doesn't feel "decorated."

July 14, 2010 at 9:57 AM  
Blogger Connie @ SogniESorrisi said...

Love the hermes table, the orange chairs and the rug in the foyer!

July 14, 2010 at 9:58 AM  
Blogger Cassie {Hi Sugarplum} said...

What a lovely, chic and comfortable home!!

July 14, 2010 at 10:44 AM  
Blogger Chic Geek said...

Love the pool house! And the MW rug!

July 14, 2010 at 10:54 AM  
Blogger Becky said...

Where did she get the curtains? I LOVE THEM!!!!! What a beautiful home!!!!

July 14, 2010 at 11:11 AM  
Blogger Elena said...

Super cute and quite inspirational!
Where is the leather sectional from? Must have it!

July 14, 2010 at 11:16 AM  
Anonymous Liz @ It's Great To Be Home said...

SUCH an amazing home! I love all the personal touches, the attention to detail, and all the pattern and color. Gorgeous!

July 14, 2010 at 11:19 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

Love this! Her house is so homey and inviting. The mix of high and low, patterns and textures are my favorite way to design. I want one of those Hermes tables! Love, love her entryway rug and the zebra rug too. Every room is lovely. Thank you.

July 14, 2010 at 11:50 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Such a lovely home, wow - loving it so much :)

July 14, 2010 at 11:50 AM  
Blogger Kate said...

She has a beautiful home, I love how everything is mixed together so effortlessly and it shows a lot of personality.

July 14, 2010 at 11:56 AM  
Blogger Oona Johnson said...

I love it. I especially love how she took the "manly", huge sectional and made it mesh perfectly with everything else in the room. I have a (much smaller) couch just like it; it's always great to see someone use something familiar in a fresh, fun way!

July 14, 2010 at 12:37 PM  
Blogger Emily @ EMILY POSTS said...

Those curtains in the sitting room are to die for! Where are they from?

July 14, 2010 at 12:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That hermes coffee table has long been on my wish list! And the little yellow one is pretty cute too. What a gorgeous home.

July 14, 2010 at 12:56 PM  
Blogger stephanie and family said...

This is so inspiring! I've been looking for a DIY ribbon treatment for my new curtains, and this has given me a GREAT idea.
Camilla, do you think she spray-painted those acrylic stacked-ball lamps gold (on the console behind sofa)? I have some I'm kinda over already--this would be awesome if the plastic would take the primer and paint.
Nice work, Deborah!

July 14, 2010 at 5:05 PM  
Blogger Loretta Fontaine (EcoHappy Blog) said...

Wow! What a lovely home. Deborah, you have such a great sense of style! I love the gorgeous orange coral candle holder in the pool house. The perfect touch!

July 14, 2010 at 5:21 PM  
Blogger Lisa @ Lisa Moves said...

The whole house is pretty sweet, but I love love love her living room.

July 14, 2010 at 5:37 PM  
Anonymous Living Livelier said...

thanks everyone! I'm blushing, and totally flattered by your comments!
deb

July 14, 2010 at 8:16 PM  
Blogger alison giese Interiors said...

Very, very nice!!

July 14, 2010 at 9:34 PM  
Blogger StylishHeather said...

Love it - I could move in today!

July 14, 2010 at 11:25 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

so gorgeous!!! love her style!!
xoxo,
lauren

July 15, 2010 at 11:41 AM  
Blogger bazaarofserendipity said...

it looks great!! :-)

www.bazaarofserendipity.blogspot.com

July 15, 2010 at 11:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am gaga over her house. I hope my "redesign" goes half as well as hers!

July 15, 2010 at 2:00 PM  
Anonymous Kim@Chattafabulous said...

How would we live without HomeGoods? Awesome style and finds!

July 15, 2010 at 2:19 PM  
Blogger Stephanie Sabbe said...

love so many things! especially the drapes!

July 17, 2010 at 9:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home