Friday, July 16, 2010

IN HER SHOES: Kelly Green

I’ve been friends with the voice behind Kelly Green for quite some time. We share a very similar design style and I constantly fall in love with everything Belinda posts.

 



With an inspiration board like this:



kellygreeninspirationboard

How can you not?

 



I’m still trying to figure out a way to convince Belinda that her little elephant friend needs to take a trip to NY.



kellygreenelephant

Belinda can of course accompany him on his journey. :)


 



Take a peek into a typical day in Belinda’s life being a mum, wife and designer for her firm, Kelly Green Interiors.


_____________________________________



Hi all HHFITD readers, I am so excited to be asked to feature today! Camila is a great blogging buddy and I truly love every post she does. Now if only I was as clever and resourceful…….Here’s what its like to spend a typical day in my shoes….

 



6.00am alarm goes off and I lie in and think of the day ahead. Finally get up at 6.30. (whoops forgot to add I have been brought a cup of English breakfast by hubby…) Make the children’s lunch, do hair, find readers, and off on the school bus they go.

 



7.30 My ritual breakfast at this time of year (Winter) Porridge with honey and raisins. So delicious and keeps you going all morning!



kellygreeninhershoes_html_27928654



As both my husband and I work from home, it is important we keep sustained during the day! Hence I make a quick chocolate cake for our morning snack. (oh yes - the children can have some too when they get home from school….)



kellygreeninhershoes_html_m23787c8e



Those of you who do work from home will know that it is impossible to tackle the office work while the beds are unmade and there is washing to be done. So, while the cake is cooking, I rush around and tidy and put a load of laundry on and generally have a tidy. (oh and start off a slow casserole for dinner…..)

 



Then , its time for one of these……..



kellygreeninhershoes_html_35830359



and into the office.

 



I make a list of the most important jobs to be attended to . Today, I have fabric to order and pay for and several ‘Design on Line’ jobs to finish concepts on.



kellygreeninhershoes_html_1283089f



I also need to finalize dates for a skiing holiday and remember we have football after school. I get to work and check my blog for comments and have a quick read as to what my fellow bloggers have been up to. No time for too much reading this morning however as there is too much to do.

 



I get my mail ready to post as I have clients waiting for fabric samples….



kellygreeninhershoes_html_14170d9d



and work on a couple of rooms I am pulling together. At this stage I end up with everything all over the floor as I pull out samples and try to match up my photos for the overall theme.



kellygreeninhershoes_html_205bfcff

I am not alone though………..

kellygreeninhershoes_html_73b51f9e



my sausage dog Sybil is happy to keep me company. Time for a quick snack now!



kellygreeninhershoes_html_m7e672805



and another cup of something hot! It is winter here and anything warming is a comfort.

 



I speak to one of my clients who is using this wallpaper in her hallway. We are working out what to put on the floor and discussing colours for the paintwork. I really, really want her to have a red light fitting but she is yet to be convinced.

 



kellygreeninhershoes_html_m7fd441e2



Either way it will look stunning! I had this paper custom made for her and love it.

 

Time to go into town and catch the post.

kellygreeninhershoes_html_m1fd90d3d



I do a quick scan of my local newsagent to see if I am up to date on all my mags.



kellygreeninhershoes_html_162530fc



and quickly duck in to the workroom to drop off fabric and pick up cushions.



kellygreeninhershoes_html_27c526be

and then its on to watch the children play football. (Aussie rules) Sorry, but was busy chatting to the other mums and took this as the light was fading……

kellygreeninhershoes_html_3f2dbe14



Finally we are back home. Children are bathed and fed and in bed and its time for a glass of wine and that casserole I put in this morning. I check my tickets for tomorrow as I am off to the furniture fair in Melbourne.



kellygreeninhershoes_html_22f4a30

I get my bag ready and make sure I have my essentials at hand for a big day out.

kellygreeninhershoes_html_m3d1eda32



Comfy shoes are a must for tomorrow!



kellygreeninhershoes_html_m5695ce1b



My bed is calling me, so I hop in and have just enough time



kellygreeninhershoes_html_m32e3850a



to read a couple of chapters of my next Book club book.



I love having this book on my bedside table – it’s cover is so pretty!



kellygreeninhershoes_html_m6408ef94



Then its lights out for me.

 



Thank you Camila – hope you enjoyed my day! I hate to tell you but I didn’t actually get everything ticked off my list…… oh, and just might do a quick check on my blog faves before I close my eyes……Night!

Labels:

15 Comments:

Blogger bazaarofserendipity said...

This was adorable so fun to have a peak into her life! :-)

love her blog too!

www.bazaarofserendipity.blogspot.com

July 16, 2010 at 10:15 AM  
Blogger Shannon @ What's Up Whimsy said...

I LOVE your In Her Shoes features! I love seeing how other people in the design world go about their days. It inspires me!

July 16, 2010 at 11:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I adore her white bamboo chair! Is it Jonathan Adler? I have the Red Williams Sonoma Home one, but the glossy white is so amazing, I might have to get one!

July 16, 2010 at 3:59 PM  
Blogger Marivic said...

Definitely inspiring!

July 16, 2010 at 4:33 PM  
Blogger Hello Lover... said...

So much beautiful fabric all in one post - I can hardly contain my excitement!

July 16, 2010 at 5:47 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wouldyoulookatallthatfabric?!!! So beautiful. Love this feature as you know ;) Have a great weekend!

July 16, 2010 at 6:16 PM  
Blogger LindsB said...

What a fun day- I cant wait till I can work from home and do the same things!! Love Belinda and love her blog!

July 16, 2010 at 11:26 PM  
Blogger Hazel from Hazel Loves Design said...

I love living a day in another girls shoes, this post was great, and Kelly has a lovely blog too!! :) Hazel

July 17, 2010 at 6:48 AM  
Blogger Alexandra Rae said...

Love that. How fun to follow her through her day. It's so much like mine, except we call it "soccer" ;-)

July 17, 2010 at 2:22 PM  
Blogger bluehydrangea said...

Love Kelly Green and what a treat to inside her stylish world!!

July 17, 2010 at 3:43 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

oh my goodness what a great day!! so busy but it seems so smooth!! (also how fun that she & her husband both work from home while kids are at achool?!!)
xoxo

July 17, 2010 at 5:25 PM  
Blogger Sharnel said...

Oh i loved reading about your day!!!

July 17, 2010 at 5:32 PM  
Blogger Anna White said...

A really enjoyable and fun read..was nice to have a little sneak peek into a day in the life of Kelly Green ( aka Belinda ; )
Not only is her work amazing..but so is she...thank you lovely ladies for sharing such a fab post :) XO

July 18, 2010 at 8:16 AM  
Blogger Barbara Matson said...

What a fun post! I am drooling over all that wonderful fabric! I even spotted my fav: chiang Mai dragon! The wallpaper is even based on the fabric! So jealous! I must admit though in her pile of pillows I spotted the same paisley print that adorns a few pillows, chairs in my home!

Fun to see that life in Australia is no different than here in Canada! Can't wait to see more features like this!

July 18, 2010 at 12:56 PM  
Blogger pve design said...

Oh I love her, she is so cute!
What a happy busy bee!
pve

July 19, 2010 at 10:38 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home