Monday, July 19, 2010

Weekend Recap: work, work & more work

Hi All,

 



This weekend was not restful at all. Saturday was spent running around Manhattan in the dreadful heat for client meetings and then getting stuck in traffic on my way.

 



The rest of the day was spent searching for bedding for my sister’s new apt and finishing up some projects for her. We were up till midnight doing work.

 



Sunday was another trip into the city to bring some furniture into my sissy’s new apt and I made sure to get some sneak  peeks.

 



Her little dining nook:



newaptximenabrooklynweekend 005

* Totally not finished or styled. Don’t you love all of my cable accessories on the floor? :)

 



I told you I was feeling toile  take a peek at my cushion fabric and of course I love a touch of greek key can you find it in the picture?



newaptximenabrooklynweekend 007

 



Remember my amazing thrift store deal from last September? Well it’s on loan from my sweet mom and it fits in perfectly.



newaptximenabrooklynweekend 028



We also added some furniture pieces to her bedroom.  Remember how I was arguing discussing with my sister that you don’t need to have a matching bedroom set? 

 



Well we decided to meet each other in the middle. We used pieces from the vintage bamboo set I had found, but gave them a different look to break up the set! This way both of us ended up happy.

 



Isn’t that an amazing shade of green? I love it and tend to use it time and time again.



newaptximenabrooklynweekend 018



I didn’t want to be a total tease so here is another shot of the desk and chair.



newaptximenabrooklynweekend 008

 



The dresser got a different look to break up the set. Of course I had to inject a little bit of my favorite color!



newaptximenabrooklynweekend 013 



Again remember totally no styling done here the room is still being put together, but here is the full dresser:



newaptximenabrooklynweekend 012

Don’t you love the white and orange together! Kudos to Jon for that. I’m pretty sure he’s going to start taking on clients soon. :)

 



Of course I share the good, bad and the ugly on this blog. Check out the rest of the room:



newaptximenabrooklynweekend 027



Not good, but don’t fret my pets it should all be wrapped up in the next week or so.

 



I did make a little time to add  some fun. On my way home from the my sissy’s apt we stopped in Brooklyn to see some old friends and do a little BBQing.



newaptximenabrooklynweekend 030



So loves, share & spill what you did this weekend? Any fun projects you tackled or how about just plain old fun that was had?



*The green paint color is Shamrock by Behr (Hate the name, love the color!) and then pillows were actually made by my seamstress. The fabric is available here.

Labels:

39 Comments:

Blogger Scientific Housewife said...

Where did you get those green pillows?? I've been looking for ones just like that!

I love the toile and the greek detail on the table, the couch is also fab!

July 19, 2010 at 8:38 AM  
Blogger Design Esquire said...

I love that dining nook!! Your are so talented.

July 19, 2010 at 8:45 AM  
Blogger Kelly Green said...

Wow - this is taking shape despite all the teasing! I have to have that green paint - it is to die for!!!! BTW I think that dressers twin is in my house.......KG

July 19, 2010 at 8:46 AM  
Blogger Nicole-Lynn said...

Love the bamboo style furniture! Everything looks great :)

July 19, 2010 at 8:47 AM  
Blogger style chronicle said...

Love, love, love the bamboo pieces!! They received a great paint job too!

July 19, 2010 at 8:48 AM  
Blogger C.J. said...

I have redone my entire living room, painted all of the furniture either white or black, injected that lovely apple green on pillows and some accessories also added turquoise into the mix. I love it, and can't wait to see what your sister's apartment will look like finished although I can see it in my minds eye. It will be gorgeous! I had one of my black chairs fabric in black and white toile. Like minds huh??? :)

July 19, 2010 at 8:53 AM  
Blogger LindsB said...

If your sister ever gets tired of that bamboo dresser you know it always has a place in my home :)

July 19, 2010 at 8:56 AM  
Blogger SHERRY HART said...

I stumbled on your site from Emily Clark. Girrrrllll you are the creative BOMB!!! After reading your Before and After section, I realize I need to step up my game! I am hooked!

July 19, 2010 at 9:03 AM  
Anonymous Kim@Chattafabulous said...

That shade of green is perfection! Will you share it?

July 19, 2010 at 9:17 AM  
Anonymous Spaghetti Arms said...

That green bamboo just made my heart stop. I can't wait to see the whole bedroom! I also want to know about those pillows.

July 19, 2010 at 9:55 AM  
Blogger René said...

I am in love with the bamboo!!

-Rene

July 19, 2010 at 9:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ack, love the bamboo!!!! (And the dining nook looks fabulous).

July 19, 2010 at 10:03 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Gorgeous, and I love love love the green and the orange. Happy colors!!!

:) Laura

July 19, 2010 at 10:55 AM  
Blogger Barbara Matson said...

Love all the furniture finds! It will be fanastic when it's all finished. My favourite is the dining furniture! Not to add any pressure... But I will be watching and waiting for the final reveal! Lucky sister!

July 19, 2010 at 11:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, that's a lovely shade of green! The dining nook is also lovely.

July 19, 2010 at 11:33 AM  
Blogger jisabird said...

Love the little dinning nook, very cute.

This weekend I went to the Grand Opening of the LA Flea Market. I'm re-doing my daughters bedroom and still looking for inspiration and stuff. Too hot to shop though:(

Cheers!
J.

July 19, 2010 at 11:49 AM  
Blogger Emily A. Clark said...

Okay now I'm about to kick myself for selling the exact same desk last week. Ugh! I still have the same mirror and dresser though so I'm feeling inspired for sure. . . Too cute!

I actually stopped by to tell you I linked to your wonderful no-sew roman shades on my blog today :)

July 19, 2010 at 12:17 PM  
Blogger Stephanie Sabbe said...

looks great! I hear you on the traffic. I left Manhattan at 7 pm on Friday, not the best idea.

July 19, 2010 at 12:20 PM  
Blogger Emily @ Mini House said...

Can I sign up to be your "adopted" sister?! You are soo talented and I just love the orange/white dresser. If you get a chance, can you tell me if you purchased the knobs somewhere or if they came with the originals? Thanks!!

July 19, 2010 at 12:34 PM  
Blogger Cassie {Hi Sugarplum} said...

Can't wait to see it all! What's the name of the orange paint? I'm about to redo my son's room and need the perfect orange!

July 19, 2010 at 12:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, sounds like you had a weekend similar to mine. I was running around hitting up close out sales at big box retailers for a client. Your weekend looks more creative than mine though. Seriously beautiful turn out on the furniture. Can't wait to see the styled room.

July 19, 2010 at 1:34 PM  
Anonymous Living Livelier said...

The bamboo is out of this world girl! Did the bamboo hardware come with the pieces, or did you add that? Phenomenal!
Deb

July 19, 2010 at 1:54 PM  
Blogger ashlina {the decorista} said...

i am definitely going to need to see the final pics of that space. looks great. co chic and fresh. xo

July 19, 2010 at 2:17 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

that is the cutest little dining nook & i love the bamboo furniture!

July 19, 2010 at 2:31 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love the bamboo set the colors your two choose are perfect! Love the bright green and the orange, I also love that fabric! :) I've been eying it for quite sometime, but have no where to use it just yet :)

July 19, 2010 at 2:44 PM  
Blogger Averill said...

I'm swooning over the kelly green desk -- and the white hardware is fantastic!

July 19, 2010 at 2:52 PM  
Blogger High-Heeled Foot in the door said...

So happy you guys like!

I really wanted my sister to have a bright and happy vibe in her bedroom so I went a little color happy, but it works!

The hardware came with the pieces. I just cleaned them up and gave them a fresh coat of paint.

July 19, 2010 at 3:07 PM  
Blogger diane@onlinefabricstore said...

Lucky sister! I admire her willingness to use orange, green, black and toile all in the same space. Looks great though

July 19, 2010 at 3:09 PM  
Blogger gg said...

love the orange and white dresser. it would go great with the rug in your previous post. :)

July 19, 2010 at 3:38 PM  
Anonymous Ximena said...

I am the LUCKIEST sister alive! Thanks again CAM for everything! Can't wait to see everything put together! And don't worry my bed doesn't look like that anymore. XO

July 19, 2010 at 4:22 PM  
Blogger kayce hughes said...

I am in love with all of the bamboo!

July 19, 2010 at 5:08 PM  
Anonymous Bailey@ peppermintbliss said...

WHAT is that shade of green? I lovveeee it.

July 19, 2010 at 5:08 PM  
Blogger Risa West said...

love the toile. i found a bentwood rocker that needs to be updated and i think i'll do a similar look on it to the chairs you did. black paint with toile. it'll be perfect for my little girl's room

July 19, 2010 at 5:28 PM  
Blogger Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

oooh im so so jealous of the yellow desk! beautiful

July 19, 2010 at 5:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The white bamboo and orange dresser is AMAZING! I've never really been into orange, but I would put that in my house in an instant. I'm anxiously waiting to see the finished product!

July 19, 2010 at 6:54 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love what you did with the two bamboo pieces! The green is fantastic — I swear there's nothing a fresh coat of paint can't do! I spent the weekend painting my new bedroom "Sexy Pink" and then tracing out rectangles around where the bed will go to add a little architectural interest. A very hot and busy weekend indeed but it feels so good to be productive!

July 19, 2010 at 8:11 PM  
Blogger Shannon @ What's Up Whimsy said...

Holy moly! That desk and dresser look amazing! I love both of those colours!

July 19, 2010 at 9:08 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I am loving those bamboo pieces!!!

July 19, 2010 at 9:46 PM  
Anonymous Shoshana Greenwald said...

I can't get over how talented and real you are! Thank yo for sharing.

July 21, 2010 at 9:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home