Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Coral plus Gray

A great tip for adding a little fun to your color combo's in your home is to mix a cool color with a warm color. One current example that I'm loving is Coral & Gray.

The vibrant hue that just radiates from coral(warm) is the perfect balance to a neutral calming gray(cool).

I loved finding this image from a 1961 BH&G with my current color combo obsession:


Another tip when decorating your home is to use the color combo of your choosing in different pieces of the room. Note the coral/gray artwork with the gray sofa and then coral toss pillows. It doesn't look like the room came out of a bag, but it does look like everything goes together.



The nice part of coral is that sometimes it can lead a bit more orange, which is always a plus in my book. Don't you love how it pops in the room below?



Because coral is a mix of orange and pink you can also get a coral that leans more towards pink. Again a plus in my book :)



When Erin revamped her blog I was immediately on board with the color palatte she picked:


It immediately reminded me the new J.Crew bridal salon:




I love how it can be used with a light shade of gray and/or a dark shade of gray and the coral still looks at home.


If you are scared that gray is a bit too cold for your liking then warm it up a touch and go with a taupe instead.


So are you feeling this color combo as much as me?

Labels: ,

20 Comments:

Anonymous Christina said...

I too have a recent color obsession with orange and grey, I'm working on a purse right now, and I just finished a fabric necklace! Thanks for the inspiring pictures!!

September 15, 2010 at 8:32 AM  
Anonymous Splendid Sass said...

Love the last image! Beautiful.
Have a nice day.
Teresa

September 15, 2010 at 8:44 AM  
Anonymous Kate Collins Interiors said...

I love this color combo! I actually have a future headboard to remake when I get home in this combo. Have bought the coral fabric and going to paint the wood gray. Can't wait to see how it turns out.

September 15, 2010 at 8:58 AM  
Blogger Jade @ Flip Flops + Pearls Design said...

Love love love this color combo! It's a break from the norm and looks great!

September 15, 2010 at 9:12 AM  
Blogger Fargerike Dagny said...

Great post! Love the inspirational pics - great selection!!

xx
d

September 15, 2010 at 9:26 AM  
Blogger Connie @ SogniESorrisi said...

This is a great colour mix. I adore grey and I've always loved coral--even chose it for my bridesmaids dresses!

September 15, 2010 at 9:32 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love this color combo! I've been obsessed with grey for awhile, trying to talk hubby into painting our kitchen grey. Thanks for sharing the lovely photos.

September 15, 2010 at 9:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am LOVING this color combo!!! TRES CHIC

September 15, 2010 at 11:17 AM  
Blogger Lissa Pierce said...

I am all aboout this color combo right now! My sister and I will be adding coral to her new apartment scheme. Love It!

September 15, 2010 at 11:33 AM  
Blogger Cassie {Hi Sugarplum} said...

I'm totally loving those combos!

September 15, 2010 at 11:37 AM  
Blogger Chelsea Junget said...

Coral's never wrong. And gray is such a great neutral. Loving it!

September 15, 2010 at 12:22 PM  
Blogger Gareen said...

I am obsessing over this palette!!! So chic and modern. The image with the upholstered coral headboard with crystal chandelier and ESPECIALLY the last image are swoon-worthy, I might have to incorporate a bit of grey/coral in my next project. You have just made my life more difficult - in a good way!

September 15, 2010 at 12:25 PM  
Blogger ashlina {the decorista} said...

um YES YES YES

September 15, 2010 at 12:53 PM  
Anonymous Jessie said...

I love this combo! Can you recommend a good coral color from a paint store?

September 15, 2010 at 1:00 PM  
Blogger Laurie from Laurie Jones Home said...

Its a great color combo! I love that I'm not the only one who looks at older design photos for inspiration!!

September 15, 2010 at 1:34 PM  
Blogger alison giese Interiors said...

Yep, that combo works for me!

September 15, 2010 at 2:01 PM  
Blogger Aja said...

Oh yes! LOVE this combo!

September 15, 2010 at 3:01 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I absolutely love this. Thanks for the cool/warm color advice — I wonder if the same goes for fashion as well?

September 15, 2010 at 4:02 PM  
Blogger liz @ bon temps beignet said...

Looove this color combination. We used dusty pinkish and shades of grey for our wedding colors

http://bontempsbeignet.blogspot.com/2010/03/pre-post-wedding-blues.html

September 15, 2010 at 4:02 PM  
Anonymous Lonely Wife Project said...

Love! Love! Love!

http://thelonelywifeproject.wordpress.com/

September 15, 2010 at 6:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home