Thursday, October 7, 2010

Barbie's Dream House

I loved playing with Barbies when I was younger. I had a massive collection and loved receiving the new Christmas edition every year under the tree. The best thing about playing with Barbie was all of the accessories she came with. Who didn't love the corvette, dream house and of course Ken.

Yesterday I spied a dream doll house that makes me want to whip out my Barbies from storage and set up house.

The team from Curbed sent 5 design publications blank slate Doll House and a couple of props and asked them to do what they do best...DECORATE!

Here is what the Lonnyteam came up with:



Entry Way close up:



Living Room close up:


Bedroom close up:


While my first love was the Lonny abode the folks at House Beautifuldid a fab job as well.



Love the mini magazines & books on the coffee table:


Architectural Digestis recently moving their offices so they represented that in their house:



You can read more about operation dollhouse here.

Labels:

12 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

This is amazing! It makes me want to buy a doll house & decorate it in a way that my husband won't let me do to our house.
Thanks for sharing this.

October 7, 2010 at 8:51 AM  
Blogger Scientific Housewife said...

Wow, that is really cool!

October 7, 2010 at 8:54 AM  
Blogger Jade @ Flip Flops + Pearls Design said...

Guess I am going up in the attic to get all my Barbies down!!

October 7, 2010 at 9:34 AM  
Blogger Kate said...

That is so cool. And the Architectural Digest house made me chuckle. What a neat idea.

October 7, 2010 at 10:11 AM  
Blogger Three Haute Mamas said...

That's so darn cute I don't think I'd let my three girls within three feet of it!

October 7, 2010 at 10:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great design---Barbie really does have it all, doesn't she? :)
love seeing these miniature rooms. Lonny did such a fab job on this challenge!

October 7, 2010 at 10:50 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

and the stripes in the entryway. such stylish digs for barbie. too fun.

October 7, 2010 at 11:24 AM  
Blogger Katie @ Noodle and Boof said...

how cute is that?!

October 7, 2010 at 11:28 AM  
Blogger Loretta Fontaine (EcoHappy Blog) said...

Camila - So cool! Went to the site and the House Beautiful dollhouse is my favorite. Walls decoupaged in pages from their blue issue? Love it!
Loretta

October 7, 2010 at 1:09 PM  
Blogger Michaela said...

Ah, I love this! I, too, loved dolls when I was little. I made houses for them out of my blocks and even cut up my moms napkins to make bedding and curtains (oops!). Last quarter in my interior design class I had to make a room of a doll house and it was so fun! This is so charming. Thanks for sharing (:

~Michaela

October 7, 2010 at 1:31 PM  
Blogger LiveLikeYou said...

This is tooo funny!!

October 7, 2010 at 10:17 PM  
Anonymous Laura@JourneyChic said...

I had a dollhouse as a child, and it's still in my parents' basement awaiting electrification, banisters, and flooring. I wonder if my son will be interested in it some day - call it a "model home" instead of a dollhouse and have him help my dad finish it so that I can decorate it like these fantastic houses!

October 8, 2010 at 12:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home