Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Show & Tell: Sharpie Wallpaper

One of my favorite parts about the pilot episode of Secrets from a Stylist with Emily Henderson was this room:



How amazing is that wallpaper! It's made by Katie Ridderand it's called Leaf.

Close up shot of paper in a bathroom designed by Erin from Elements of Style:



Now check out what Britt did from A Penny Saved:



Look familiar? I love Britt's DIY project. She drew the pattern on transparency paper and used a projector to get the image on the wall. Then with the help of a sharpie she stenciled on some wallpaper!

Close up for sharpie pattern:



Amazing! To see more pictures of the walls click here and for tips on how to DIY click here.

Love this project. The possibilities are endless with it. You could use a variety of sharpie colors or even use metallic paint pens from your local craft store!

Do you have a Show & Tell project that I must share with all? Email me at camila@effortless-style.com and let me know about it.

Images via 1. HGTV, 2. Elements of Style, 3 +4. A Penny Saved

Labels: ,

17 Comments:

Blogger Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

I absolutely adore what she did in the first bedroom, love the yellow/grey combination

November 9, 2010 at 8:41 AM  
Blogger Chelsea Junget said...

Wow - no way I'd have the patience for that kinda of project! But it looks pretty fab.

November 9, 2010 at 9:12 AM  
Blogger Michelle @ Ten June said...

Wow! If only I had that kind of patience... or talent for that matter! Fabulous.

November 9, 2010 at 9:31 AM  
Anonymous Kate {domestikatedlife} said...

Such a cute idea! Further proof that you can do just about anything with a sharpie marker, my favorite tool!

November 9, 2010 at 9:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is unbelievable. who has the time or patience..not me! bravo! that is unreal!

November 9, 2010 at 10:20 AM  
Anonymous Miranda @ Haute Headquarters said...

I have been thinking about doing this but, I rent. Which would seem like a perfect alternative to wallpaper but one look at my drawings on the wall by the person showing my place come move out time and I think I might have a hard time explaining my creative process. Or, I could just be a total bad-ass and do it anyway. I'm thinking metalic...all the way. (That was my favorite room from Emily's first episode as well!)

November 9, 2010 at 10:25 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I adore every Katie Ridder paper- I just got a sample of the Oiseau and it is stunning in person. This DIY is AMAZING!! I would never in a million be able to pull that off- looks fantastic!

November 9, 2010 at 10:28 AM  
Anonymous Emily, Timeless Paper said...

Love it! I just finished stenciling imperial trellis onto the curtains in my guest room:

http://www.timelesspaper.com/blog/?p=2169

November 9, 2010 at 11:29 AM  
Blogger charm home said...

That's amazing. I can't imagine how long it took though. You would have to have lots of patience or lots of wine...or maybe both. :o) -c

November 9, 2010 at 11:44 AM  
Blogger Gray Skies said...

That must have taken foooorever! But what an awesomely inspirational DIY project.

November 9, 2010 at 11:52 AM  
Blogger Laura Bear said...

Yes I love it!

November 9, 2010 at 11:54 AM  
Blogger Brooke Hagel said...

LOVE IT! I'm thinking metallic silver on my white walls would be to die for. (Although I'm a renter...but thats nothing a can of paint couldn't fix before moving out.) Thanks for the great idea Cam.

November 9, 2010 at 12:16 PM  
Blogger Ashley said...

How clever! I am so impressed! Now I wish I lived in my own house to do this, but I think my landlord would be very upset. In the meantime, I'll just admire the lovely work.

November 9, 2010 at 1:38 PM  
Blogger Rhiannon said...

looks great, power to her because I would never survive and hour of doing that!

November 9, 2010 at 1:46 PM  
Blogger Scientific Housewife said...

Wow, that must have taken forever! Looks great :)

November 9, 2010 at 2:51 PM  
Blogger Emily A. Clark said...

Love it, love it and might steal it :)

November 9, 2010 at 3:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh wow, talk about patience. Sharpie, huh? Amazing.

November 9, 2010 at 9:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home