Friday, November 5, 2010

Pillow Talk

At an early age my dad instilled in me a love for old movies.

While others were watching Disney movies I was watching old movies with leading stars like Marilyn Monroe, Audrey Hepburn, Gene Kelly and Bing Crosby.

All of those old movies stuck with me and I still pick up movies from years ago. My number one favorite for quite some time now has been Pillow Talk.

The movie stars Doris Day & Rock Hudson. Doris is an interior decorator and Rock is a composer/playboy who share a phone line. Rock always keep the shared phone line busy with his different ladies, which of course drives Doris mad.

Do they fall in love? Perhaps you'll have to rent it and find out for yourself.

I recently got this in the mail:



Can't wait to hang it up in my gallery wall!

Hope you all have a lovely weekend!

P.S.: Trying to get new blog launched by Monday. Fingers crossed it get's done.

Labels:

11 Comments:

Anonymous caroline said...

OH, man do I love all of the Rock & Doris movies. Pillow Talk is my fave. My daughters love it now, too. Maybe you could do a post on those interiors & of course her smart outfits! Love your blog, I've been lurking forever.

November 5, 2010 at 6:01 PM  
Blogger Ashley @ A {Blonde's} DIY Life said...

I love old movies! This is one of my favorites!

November 5, 2010 at 7:42 PM  
Blogger h. m. settoon said...

i always loved that, as a decorator working for someone else, Doris could afford a Manhattan apartment, a daily maid, and enough furs and jewels that the furrier and jeweler both received screen credit.

November 5, 2010 at 8:49 PM  
Blogger Karena said...

Oh I agree I love the oldies, Hitcocks are my favorites!

Come and enter my new Giveaway....I know you will love it!!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

November 6, 2010 at 12:09 AM  
Blogger Ms. MacKenzie said...

This post made me laugh because I can remember only wanting to rent "people" movies, as a child. I never had an interest in cartoons, especially Disney.

November 6, 2010 at 4:55 PM  
Anonymous Julie @ www.downtimeweblog.com said...

I also really love this movie. Doris Day as a feminist interior designer living the big life in NYC?? Count me in! I also thought it was hysterical how her house maid came to work hung over every morning.

November 6, 2010 at 7:25 PM  
Blogger autumn said...

oohh. LOVE that movie.
and even knowing that rock was batting for the other team doesn't make it any less sexy/sweet/charming/funny/lovely.

November 6, 2010 at 9:42 PM  
Blogger MFAMB said...

i played the doris day part in a high school production of this...special memories.
it wasn't great.
that poster is.

November 7, 2010 at 7:57 AM  
Anonymous hip hip gin gin said...

I am a huge classic move fan!! My husband even makes fun of me for it, he'll walk into the room and say "I see you're watching something black and white again, of course". Pillow Talk is definitely one of my favorites, who can resist Rock Hudson and Doris Day!!

November 7, 2010 at 6:28 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Pillow Talk is one of my favs too, how charming was Rock Hudson. And Doris' apartment, too cute.
Love your poster x

November 8, 2010 at 1:21 AM  
Blogger Wallpaper said...

I am obsessed with old movies!! If you love Doris and Rock movies try Lover come back!! it's super funny!!

November 8, 2010 at 11:38 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home