Friday, December 3, 2010

Orange you glad…


I love Jonathan Adler and all of his happy chic rooms! What makes me love him even more is his love of orange! Now orange might not be everyone’s favorite hue, but I think we can all agree that injecting a little dose of it can add a little happy to any space.
1.We all love to fill our bookcases and stack our coffee tables with books that we not only love to read, but are pretty to look at. Enter your little dose of orange with Mr. Alder’s new book: Happy Chic
2. Brightly colored ornate frames are all the rage. Pick up a set here or scour your local thrift store for old frames and spray away in your favorite citrus color.
3. Candles make for great hostess gifts during the holiday season. They are always something I never buy for myself, but love getting as a gift. Plus the packaging is beyond chic!
4. If you are feeling a little more daring with your dose of orange then paint is the way to go. Biggest impact for the lowest buck. My favorite shade is Baja Orange by Ralph Lauren.While RH is no longer sold at home improvement stores it is still available via their showrooms.
5. Roberta Roller Rabbit is know for their designer threads, but surprisingly their toss pillows are very budget friendly. You can pick one up for$40
6. Orange also goes great with many other shades. Here it is paired with greens, yellows and brown. This fabric is available in a set of 16″ pillows for $45
7. One of my very first blog related purchases was a LOVE print by Made By Girl. I picked mine up in lavender, but I’m now lusting after it in tangerine.
8. Trays are a great catch all for keys, coins, jewelry, etc. Orange plus white trim equals a happy Camila.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home