Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Paint the town white!

Today I woke up to the ground completely covered in white and I knew exactly what I was going to post about today.

I go around now with a little notebook in my purse and every time I get inspiration or find something super cool that I must let everyone know about I jot it down. So this little gem was in said notebook so here goes.

Lately my mind has had white on the brain. I've always had a good relationship with the color white. I tend to use it manly on accessories, but lately it's turn into full on love and I'm pretty sure it's due to my friendship with Lauren. She makes me want to paint the town WHITE!

I love how a white palette gives you no limitations. You can use it in a chic city loft apartment or in a beachy cottage and pretty much anything in between. It can be used in little doses by using it in accessories or used on everything from the furniture, wall color, rug choice, the list goes on and on.

While searching on the web I found this amazing shop in Australia that carries home products that are all related to the color white. There items range in shades from white, silver, clear, sand and sometimes a touch of gray. It is very appropriately named, White Port and was started by Jennifer McCabe in 2007. She picks out items that are simple and timeless along with being quite stylish. The prices are amazing and they even ship to the US! Ok so the shipping is is a little bit higher, but it won't break the bank.

Here is a peek into some of my favorite pics:

Wainscott Cushion Cover


Best Ever Measuring Cups


Falmouth Jugs I'll take one in every size!


Mother of Pearl Candle Holders



Scargo Hot Water Bottle
So cute. I love the touch of polka dots.


My favorite pick has to be these amazing white leather boxes! Ah Love!

4 Comments:

Blogger LindsB said...

I'm loving white as well! Lauren has that affect on us all, she does white so well, that I want it all over my house. Great finds!!

January 28, 2009 at 8:07 PM  
Blogger Haven and Home said...

I love white too, and they carry gray stuff?!?!? Can't wait to check it out!

January 28, 2009 at 9:20 PM  
Blogger The Steel Magnolia House said...

Love that!!!! White is my favorite color, I think. :)
I nominated you here:
http://steelmagnoliainteriors.blogspot.com/2009/01/share-luv.html

See, we stalk each other!!
xx
Kara

January 28, 2009 at 10:48 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Oh so pretty!!! I'm off to check out the whole site!! haha yes it's true i'm slightly obesessed!!!
xoxo

January 29, 2009 at 10:13 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home