Friday, January 16, 2009

Piggy Bank overview


Image from here

Ever wonder where all your money actually goes?

Yes, I'm one of those people that normally is not thinking budget. I'm very thrifty when it comes to shopping that I normally just think that since I got things for such a great price I can buy even more. So not right especially during this economic times.

Wanting to add some funds to my piggy bank instead of cracking it open every week I was discussing finances with Liz one of my very best friends and she told me about Mint.

You can actually log on to Mint and have all of your accounts in one place. You can place your student loans, credit cards, heating, mortgage payments,investments, etc. Everything! It will actually analyze what you are spending and where you are spending it.

It also has a section where you can set up budgets for whatever you like such as trips to the supermarket/food. When you use your debit card or credit card at the market it will automatically update your food budget and you'll know what you have left for the rest of month.

I can't wait to try it out. I'll be signing up for it this weekend and the best part....it's FREE!


Have any of you every tried this out? What money saving techniques do you use to help save?

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I tried mint..wasn't too pleased with the daily emails and reminders that my finances are sticky...it also is a little misleading..car repairs done at the gas station go under gas budget, not misc...but its worth a shot!

January 16, 2009 at 4:04 PM  
Blogger Haven and Home said...

I may have to try that, however, I cringe ever time I check my bank balance and daily e-mails may be more than I can take....

January 17, 2009 at 12:13 PM  
Blogger Brooke @ Blueprint Bliss said...

I tried Mint... But it didn't work for us because they didn't have our home bank on file- so it couldn't link our checking account. I think I would like it though if I could get all of my info on it! Let me know if you decide to use it and what you think!

January 17, 2009 at 9:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As you know, since I told you about it- I love mint! I don't get emails from them daily- so there is nothing that annoys me about this website. I love the monthly updates- and do love that they email me when my balance goes below a certain point. It has really helped us budget!

January 19, 2009 at 9:00 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

I'll have to go check it out. Might just hand it over to my husband & have him cringe at our finances instead of me ;) haha

January 20, 2009 at 3:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home