Monday, January 26, 2009

Third times a charm?

**** Thanks for all the great links. I've been perusing them all day. I'm thinking that I want to lean towards a more Swedish style design and go with white, white, white for the dining room. Any helpful sites would be greatly appreciated!!!!****


I hope so, because I am now on the search for dining room set number 3!!!!!


Image via Domino

Ok first off it took me forever to pick out a set that I liked. I finally found one in August and it took 4 months to come in. When it arrived part of it was broken, the chairs were all uneven and instead of looking white it looked like a shade of peach!!!! After many phone calls the set finally got returned and we got back all of our money.

So, then the search began again and I found something I liked at Pottery Barn and it was on sale, which was even better. We got it in two weeks and at first had no problems. I was finally able to unpack all of my china. We threw out every single china box and filled the server. The hunt then turned into a search for the perfect lighting fixture and wallpaper for the room. Then 2 weeks ago we notice that there is a crack on the server door. Call up Pottery Barn. No problem they send over a furniture doctor. He comes in and says the damage is too bad and he'll just put in an order for a new door. We call PB this weekend to check-up on the situation. They no longer make the set, there is none in the warehouse or stores and they don't want to return it. Now not only is one door cracked, but we take a closer look and the second door is starting to crack as well!!! So Saturday was spent on the phone with PB on hold while they tried to get a manager to approve a return and credit for the entire set. It was finally accomplished and they are sending someone in two weeks to pick it up.

Which now leaves me again with no furniture and loose pieces of China all over the place!!! Jon wants to turn the room into a roller ring. Geez thanks hun for the great ideas....

I have no clue where I'm going to find a set that I like. I'm looking for something white or lime-washed wood would be nice. Maybe have the table be exposed wood and then white chairs? I'm just not sure anymore. I'm on the search for something with a cottage feel, but not too shabby chic.

Any helpful ideas for where I should look?

11 Comments:

Blogger ann ominous said...

http://www.englishantiqueimports.com/farmhousefurniture/tables.htm

that is where we got our dining room table (well, our house has no dining room really, so it's our kitchen table :-) )If I were you, I would get a fun table like this and then go antiquing for the chairs. But, I'm in love with anything antique, so that's just me! I really like that set in the photo with the mismatched chair at the end.

January 26, 2009 at 11:30 AM  
Blogger Haven and Home said...

Oh I am sorry to hear that! I know you are frustrated. I will keep my eyes open.

You may try looking here:

http://www.lafuente.com/furniture.php

I haven't been on there lately but sometimes they have good tables and you may be able to tweak them some, maybe a whitewash?

Good luck, keep us posted.

January 26, 2009 at 11:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe it!!! That really stinks!

January 26, 2009 at 12:44 PM  
Blogger Devon said...

So happy to have found your blog! I'm also blog-obsessed {my husband would like to chuck my computer} and am trying my hand in the blog world as well. Isn't it a great community?

Okay, I'm sure you've been through all these places, but how about www.ballarddesigns.com? And I totally agree with Ann Ominous--get the table and then go buy different kinds of chairs.

January 26, 2009 at 12:46 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Oh no!!! ok, I'm going to go dig up that one catalog & get the website for that company. natural tables.. really pretty
xoxo

January 26, 2009 at 12:53 PM  
Blogger domesticinnyc said...

That's so frustrating! I got mine at CB2.com, but I love Environment Furniture and would probably get my next table there. Check out their website....
www.environment-furniture.com/dining-tables.html
good luck!
--domestic
www.domesticattempts.wordpress.com

January 26, 2009 at 2:15 PM  
Blogger Fargerike Dagny said...

Maybe Riviera Maison has something for you? http://www.rivieramaison.com/shop/

January 26, 2009 at 4:48 PM  
Blogger Kwana said...

Oh poor you. Good luck.

January 26, 2009 at 11:30 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Perhaps the first two were meant to be faulty, because it would pave the way for finding the perfect dining set...let's hope!
Have fun looking, and in the meantime, thanks for this gorgeous picture! Love the beamed ceiling.

January 27, 2009 at 5:11 AM  
Blogger LindsB said...

Have you tried stalking craigslist for a table? I have found some pretty tables on there lately, granted that is in my area. I found a few that with a coat of paint, and some new chairs they would be a great set! I love the non-matchy look though, so it depends on what you are going for. Also antique stores, or even the Salvation Army a la Eddie Ross has some great options too.

January 27, 2009 at 9:35 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

oh dear !! what an ordeal for you....the perfect one is out there just waiting for you I am sure.....in the meantime there is lots of fun in the shopping for it!!!!

January 28, 2009 at 5:19 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home