Tuesday, February 10, 2009

It's a beauty mark!

All of the ladies in my immediate family that being me, my 2 sisters and mother were all graced with beauty marks on our faces. Of course now as I try to find a picture of all of us I can't seem to find A) A group shot of everyone and B) A picture where you can actually see the beauty marks. Another trademark that we all have is pretty full cheeks. Not something I'm always too happy about, but with said cheeks and straight on pictures you can't see the beauty marks.

While I don't always love my cheeks I do love the beauty marks that grace my face. They make me feel a bit different, which is nice and add character to my face. As someone with beauty marks I have always had to defend them and cringe when people call them a mole. Yes, technically they are a mole, but beauty mark just sounds so much nicer. My sister actually had a passerby stop her on the way to work and compliment her on her mole. Instead of getting a thanks, he got a lovely, "It's a beauty mark! screamed at him. I told you it's a touchy subject.

The whole reason why I have beauty marks on the brain is due to this rug that I just found:



How fab is she! Not sure I would ever really buy her, but if I had millions just laying around I would probably snatch one up and use her in a dressing room.

For the time being I guess I'll just get to visit her on the web and be reminded that others enjoy beauty marks as well.

Here are some famous ladies that put beauty marks on the map.

The love of the beauty mark first started with Ms. Monroe:



Followed of course by Cindy Crawford:



Can anyone think of any current stars that are known for their beauty marks?

Sorry Cindy, but I don't think you are that current anymore.

If you don't have any beauty marks and are totally feeling left out in this post do not worry. Help is on the way. You can purchase some faux beauty marks at Hottie Dots. (Real name, seriously)

Do you have any family traits that you love/hate?

Anyone else twinge when they hear the word mole instead beauty mark?

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE that rug--and you're so right, it would look smashing in a boudoir full of shoes and fabulous dresses!

My family trademark? On my mom's side we all have naturally blonde hair and very european features---when my mom, my sister, my grandma and I go out, our german farmgirl heritage is VERY clear!

February 10, 2009 at 9:26 PM  
Blogger LindsB said...

I have a few beauty marks on my face, so I've been graced with the beauty mark gene for sure!

I have a larger one above my eyebrow and I actually love it, I never notice it really but when I see myself in pictures it just fits, and its just me. My grandmother used to color hers in with a black pencil, a la Ms Monroe- but, I dont think I'll be going that far anytime soon.

February 10, 2009 at 10:05 PM  
Blogger MS said...

I remember when Cindy Crawford was the it model of the 90's - I so wanted a mole!

February 10, 2009 at 10:27 PM  
Blogger Haven and Home said...

I have always wanted a beauty mark! But I was not blessed with one...

February 11, 2009 at 9:24 AM  
Blogger Freckles Chick said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

February 11, 2009 at 9:48 AM  
Blogger Freckles Chick said...

I've got a small one above my lip and I used to hate it. That and my freckles as I was the only one in my fam to have them. Little freak =)
Now I just adore them. And yes, boo on "mole".

February 11, 2009 at 9:49 AM  
Blogger Lauren said...

hahaha (the Cindy comment)
I don't have a beauty mark on my face & have always wanted one!!! My best friend just had to have hers removed :( and misses it so much!!!

(And I have SO thought more than once of covering a blooming zit with eyeliner & pretending it was a beauty mark!!!) hee hee

February 11, 2009 at 8:56 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I have a beauty mark on my face almost like Cindy Crawford's, I always hated it before but now I see that there are ladies out there who actually get piercing above the lips to make it a beauty mark and now I really don't let it bug me as much...

July 6, 2012 at 1:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol I once have one like Monroe's. I hate it so much I cut my cheek just to rip it off... and I don't regret it...

January 3, 2013 at 11:52 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I have 23 moles all over my body!! I feel so blessed!

April 29, 2013 at 11:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home