As of late I’ve been writing about my office quite a bit. I recently did a massive spring cleaning to it as you all remember from this post.
I was considering switching up the color and doing a massive re-vamp of the space, but since I actually liked the bones of what was in place I realized that if I just tweaked it a bit it would be perfect.
Originally in the space I had chocolate brown panels as window treatments. What can I say I love brown and have it throughout the home, but the material of the fabric made it feel more wintery then spring like. I then remember I had bought fabric for this room a while back and never did anything with it. Enter the search for the fabric. I was a mad women trying to find it and turned my house upside down only to find out that my MIL had it!
In order to help said MIL redeam herself for all the cleaning she put me through I asked her to help me make curtains. I was hoping she knew in asking for help I actually meant please just make it for me.
This weekend we were able to achieve it. I didn’t actually do any of the sewing, but I was there the entire time. I learned all the steps she did and how she figured out her measurements. I’m now itching to try it out myself.
So here we go with the big reveal:
We were about to make it with a pole rod pocket, but give it the appearance of pleats.
I’m so happy with the way they came out! Next weekend we are going to a roman shade in the same fabric for the other window that has a heating unit underneath it, which makes it difficult for panels.
Since I was so busy doing this on Sunday along with helping hubby with moldings in the downstairs bathroom I didn’t get around to my stair project. I will be working on it this week so don’t worry pictures are coming soon!