Monday, March 30, 2009

Curtain Call

As of late I’ve been writing about my office quite a bit. I recently did a massive spring cleaning to it as you all remember from this post.



I was considering switching up the color and doing a massive re-vamp of the space, but since I actually liked the bones of what was in place I realized that if I just tweaked it a bit it would be perfect.



Originally in the space I had chocolate brown panels as window treatments. What can I say I love brown and have it throughout the home, but the material of the fabric made it feel more wintery then spring like. I then remember I had bought fabric for this room a while back and never did anything with it. Enter the search for the fabric. I was a mad women trying to find it and turned my house upside down only to find out that my MIL had it!



In order to help said MIL redeam herself for all the cleaning she put me through I asked her to help me make curtains. I was hoping she knew in asking for help I actually meant please just make it for me.



This weekend we were able to achieve it. I didn’t actually do any of the sewing, but I was there the entire time. I learned all the steps she did and how she figured out her measurements. I’m now itching to try it out myself.



So here we go with the big reveal:



Before:



after-office shots 005



After:



curtain 443


We were about to make it with a pole rod pocket, but give it the appearance of pleats.



curtain 447



I’m so happy with the way they came out! Next weekend we are going to a roman shade in the same fabric for the other window that has a heating unit underneath it, which makes it difficult for panels.



Since I was so busy doing this on Sunday along with helping hubby with moldings in the downstairs bathroom I didn’t get around to my stair project. I will be working on it this week so don’t worry pictures are coming soon!

18 Comments:

Blogger please sir said...

The curtains look soooo good!

March 30, 2009 at 11:12 AM  
Blogger Jenny at LGN said...

Such fun fabric!! The curtains look GREAT!

March 30, 2009 at 11:16 AM  
Blogger LindsB said...

The curtains look awesome!! I LOVE how they look it the room, I think it was just the touch your office needed to make it over the top beautiful!!

March 30, 2009 at 11:20 AM  
Blogger pve design said...

Love that fabric! It pulls the room together with a fresh and happy touch.

March 30, 2009 at 11:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is such a big change! Amazing how far a little fabric will go. Great choice!

P.S. - Just found your blog and have thoroughly enjoyed it!

March 30, 2009 at 11:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE how they turned out!

March 30, 2009 at 11:51 AM  
Blogger Blair Friedeman said...

Oh, wow! Good work. That pattern is just perfect.

March 30, 2009 at 12:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE the pattern, and the colors. Wow!

March 30, 2009 at 1:01 PM  
Blogger KM said...

love it! looks so fresh!
ok, what's up with the runner?? uh hem :) i'm dying over here.
love the new look on your blog too by the way!

March 30, 2009 at 1:44 PM  
Blogger Joi said...

absolutely gorgeous!

March 30, 2009 at 3:00 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Pretty! They look great!

March 30, 2009 at 3:26 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

They look BEAUTIFUL!!!! (Sorry I have been MIA- just back from the wedding & have had a stomach virus while there :( awful) BUT anyway, just read through the posts I missed too & I can't wait to see what you pick for your stairs!!! also very excited about Twilight coming out but didn't bite the bullet and buy it yet.
xoxo

March 30, 2009 at 6:22 PM  
Blogger Maria Killam said...

Love that fabric! And I'm still in love with that turquoise!!

March 30, 2009 at 6:25 PM  
Blogger Sarah Ring said...

I love them!! I need some curtains made for my breakfast/dining area... may be I'll send some fabric your way, cause this little gal can't sew for anything! LOL

March 31, 2009 at 9:48 AM  
Blogger Haven and Home said...

LOVE!!!!!!!!! Looks so good. I wish I could come visit in person!!!

March 31, 2009 at 10:38 AM  
Blogger DesignTies said...

First, I LOVE the bright turquoise on the walls!! Second, your new curtains are totally fab!! And is that a zebra print bench I see under the window?? :-)

Your office is great -- it looks like a fun place to work. And maybe daydream a bit :-)

Kelly @ DesignTies

March 31, 2009 at 6:47 PM  
Blogger Freckles said...

Wow wow wow! Love the damask and the colors!! It adds such a pop of pattern to the space. And the pronounced pleats make the drapes look so chic.

March 31, 2009 at 10:15 PM  
Blogger Brooke @ Blueprint Bliss said...

Fun fabric. They look great.

April 1, 2009 at 1:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home