Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Outdoor Living: Glam Version

Ok cleaning took a bit longer than expected today which meant my Glam Cabana took longer than expected, but good things come to those that wait, because I found an amazing canopy at a crazy price!



So here goes:



Canopy for only $139!



navy cabana



Cheaper than the original one I posted about, but same size (10’ x 10’) and with that amazing striped fabric already no need for fabric to make curtains!



Then for sitting arrangement I decided to go with a little more comfort and luxury and do an outdoor day bed. Navy goes best with a little yellow and this number fit the bill:



Day Bed for only $438. I was looking for a bit cheaper, but this was the best deal I could find. It already comes with it’s own canopy so I would remove that and just use the bed.



outdoor daybed



This is an outdoor daybed so the fabric is weather proof. It also includes all the toss pillows. For the look I’m going for I would toss the stripes ones and keep the yellow.



Next since we are going for luxury and glam I found an amazing outdoor rug that will add a pop of white and be comfy on our toes.



Outdoor rug

for $ 319 (You can always just use the outdoor rug from the original post, but glam apparently means more $$$)



white outdoor rug 



We need a place to put all our fancy drinks so why not get one of these side tables for that purpose?



Mirrored side table for $249.



mirror side table



Now instead of artwork for this canopy I want to take inspiration from Ms. Wearstler and go for mirrors instead.



I would purchase three of these at $25 each and paint them a high-gloss white along with adding mirror to them as well. You could then hang the three along the back wall of the canopy with invisible fishing line!



IKEA FRAME IKEA FRAMEIKEA FRAME 



Then for a little sparkle and light I would add a couple of these:



Lanterns in small and medium sizes ($39-$59)



seaport lantern



I don’t want to go to crazy over budget on this glam look so instead of the fancy outdoor cooler from the original post lets get back to the basics and use this instead for only $21.99:



acrylic party tub



Plus it fulfills my requirement of a little bit of Lucite thrown in for good measure.

Depending on how many lanterns you pick this look would go for around $1400-$1500.



Oh I’m so excited for summer to get here. I already want to curl in that daybed with a good book and my pups.



Now I just have to figure out what look I want to go for.



Decisions, decisions.

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

Blogger Kwana said...

I can't wait to get outdoors. Now I want to decorate. The pics are beautiful. Love the cabana.

April 16, 2009 at 7:03 AM  
Blogger My Notting Hill said...

OMG!! Love, love the blue white one - so glad I waited on ordering the other one. Thanks!

April 16, 2009 at 9:35 AM  
Blogger Haven and Home said...

I want to come over! I love outdoor decorating!

April 16, 2009 at 11:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

love love love!

April 16, 2009 at 2:40 PM  
Blogger Blair Friedeman said...

Oh, looks fabulous! Love the idea of using a mirrored table outside--glam indeed:)

April 16, 2009 at 4:51 PM  
Blogger pve design said...

I'd never leave. I'll bring the cocktail shaker!
Love it, glamour all the way!

April 16, 2009 at 6:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That cabana is a find! I'm going to have to go check that out! Love all your ideas. It sounds like it's going to be heavenly.

April 16, 2009 at 7:57 PM  
Blogger KM said...

Woooooa you! That blue and white striped canopy is superb. You are pullin' out all the stops for us, Camila!! Love it.

And from the bottom of my heart, thank you so much for your kind words. You are SUCH a pleasure, and a great new friend. Can you imagine what it would be like if we all lived near each other? My husband would be so excited...he wouldn't have to listen to me anymore about decor! ha He's always telling me he wants to find me a gay boyfriend. :)

April 16, 2009 at 8:33 PM  
Blogger Rebecca Corvese said...

That's a great price on that cabana. I love the blue and white stripes. It's so Hamptons! Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your sweet comment. Oh... also love lanterns. I think every patio/backyard should have them scattered around! Great post!

April 16, 2009 at 9:18 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

chicness!

whens' the aprty?

April 17, 2009 at 2:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't wait for you to post pics from your first cabana party! You have really put this all together with uber-panache! Love it!

April 17, 2009 at 9:18 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home