Tuesday, April 7, 2009

I have nothing to wear…

Since the weather has been turning nicer I’ve started to do what I always do at the beginning of every new season. Complain. Not about the fabulous weather, but about my lack of appropriate clothes for it. Yes, you will open my closet and see that it is busting with clothes, but  I hate all of it and don’t want to wear any of it. 



My poor hubby is tired of hearing me complain especially in his eyes he opens draws and poof there is lots of clothes. To remedy this I’ve started to go through my closets at the beginning of a season and take inventory. Have I worn it lately, do I still like, is it too worn to wear, is the fit just horrible now? I started to do this today and realized I have slim pickings.



Since I haven’t found a money tree yet I need to make sure that the purchases I make are appropriate in these current economic times. Normally I head to Nordstrom Rack where I can still get my designer duds at quite the discount or hit my local resale shops. Last night I was flipping through Glamour and saw a great ad filled with 4 sun dresses that I would love to snatch up.



dresses 004



I was totally convinced that they would probably be out of my price range, but I was wrong they are from…………………………KMART!



I went online to virtually shop and all of my favorites are on sale this week with 30% off and range from 17-24 bucks plus I can print out a $10 coupon here!

Here are some of my favorites:



blue maxi dress matte jersey dress

green tunic dress multicolored maxi dress

white button dressjs green jacket

purpleskirtyellow dress



Hopefully these aren’t too good to be true and actually look good in person. The closest KMART is about 30 mins away, but I’m venturing out tomorrow to check it out. I’ll report back with my opinions on them.

20 Comments:

Blogger Erin {House of Turquoise} said...

Oh my gosh, KMART? Who knew?! I love all your picks, and the ones in the add too. I'm totally going to hit up my nearest store!

April 7, 2009 at 11:40 PM  
Blogger ###### said...

bummer they closed kmart down here a long time ago.

April 7, 2009 at 11:52 PM  
Blogger Bethany Christensen said...

I love it! I am such a fan of finding great things in the most unexpected places. I can't wait to hear how you makeout.

April 8, 2009 at 12:05 AM  
Blogger Allison said...

SO CUTE! I tried on the purple tulip skirt in person and it's very cute, good fabric. (I just couldn't decide what color shirt to wear with it?). All of that being said, I DID end up buying a cute dress while I was there and they definitely have stepped up their game. I think you will be pleasantly suprised..except when I went they did not have all of the cute dresses that are shown online, in the store. Good luck!

April 8, 2009 at 9:46 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh yes please do let us know about the K-Mart clothes. I feel the same way girl- I am dying for some new clothes. At the end of May some friends and I are going to have a clothing swap Party. Have you ever heard of these? Eventually I am going to put it on my blog about the swap so others can get all the details. But maybe you could try it with some friends. Daisy~

April 8, 2009 at 10:18 AM  
Blogger Haven and Home said...

I can't wait to hear what they look like in person!

April 8, 2009 at 10:55 AM  
Blogger Wanderings of a Wannabe said...

ohh i love that green number. what a steal!

April 8, 2009 at 11:05 AM  
Blogger Christina said...

that's so funny b/c i actually saw that same ad and was like, "huh, kmart??" i love that tulip skirt.

April 8, 2009 at 11:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

please keep me posted....we lost ours as well, so i am dying to know if its worth the trip for that tulip skirt!

April 8, 2009 at 11:42 AM  
Blogger Sarah Ring said...

We don't have Kmart in TX anymore - so depressing... that green tunic and jacket are begging to come home with me!

April 8, 2009 at 12:45 PM  
Blogger Sarah Ring said...

Cam - go to Sweet Nothings and check out those CHEAP CHEAP flats they posted today!! Talk about amping up your spring wardrobe on the cheap, they are so pretty!!

April 8, 2009 at 12:56 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

Wow- I think I might be heading over there pretty soon-who knew?

April 8, 2009 at 12:59 PM  
Blogger pve design said...

I am a huge fan of hunting at thrift stores and you can update a simple outfit with a new necklace... I love finding fun vintage items too. I found a vintage coat with a Saks label which I love.

April 8, 2009 at 1:13 PM  
Blogger Brooke @ Blueprint Bliss said...

Oh my! I have a Kmart about a mile from my house... might have to head that way!

April 8, 2009 at 1:17 PM  
Blogger Debra said...

Hunt and you shall find-don't you love finding a cool bargain

April 8, 2009 at 2:37 PM  
Blogger Pink Wallpaper said...

oh my, you make me want to go to Kmart...seriusly, that's crazy!

April 8, 2009 at 3:23 PM  
Blogger KJZW said...

I love that little yellow dress. I got one similar at Old Navy for $15 and have had a ton of girls ask me where I bought it. I love bargain finds!

April 8, 2009 at 6:46 PM  
Blogger Stephanie Sabbe said...

ha! we were just talking today about people shopping at Kmart in NYC. Every time I go I see people with Kmart bags. I don't think I've been to Kmart in 10 years...and I'm from TN...we know about some Kmarts! The dresses are cute.

April 8, 2009 at 7:53 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

oh my goodness!!! can't wait to hear back!!! LOVE the little plaid sundress!!!
xoxo

April 9, 2009 at 2:11 PM  
Blogger High-Heeled Foot in the door said...

Hi Ladies,
I finally made it to Kmart today. I went with my mom and we spent over 2 hours there ohhing and ahhing over clothes. I got lots of cute things. Tops and a jacket for 20 bucks! Totally worth a trip. Tried on tulip skirt really cute, but I have a short torso and it didn't look great on me, but my mom picked up. They didn't have a lot of dresses in the store, but seeing the quality of merchandise in the stores I have no qualms ordering online.

April 9, 2009 at 7:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home