Friday, April 10, 2009

A little piece of Heaven on Earth…

So for the last couple of hours I have been thinking about what I’m going to blog about today. Normally I have a list where I jot down my blog ideas and I have a game plan for the week, but today I hit Friday with a huge blank! It’s nearing noon here in NY and I’m still in my PJ’s pondering what to write about.



I settled on Easter a couple of hours ago since it is coming up this Sunday. At first I was going to do perfect Easter outfits, then table settings, then just amazing photographers of pretty garden parties, but nothing was really coming together.

In my searching I stumbled onto an old post from Martha Stewart's blog where she gives readers an inside view of her prop room. Oh wow! Totally heaven especially for this lady that is finally nearing the end of her home decorating projects and is now focusing on the little details needed for photo styling. 



So without further adieu here are the pictures that had me salivating:



ms1

Everything is categorized and bar-coded so even if we did manage to get our grubby hands in their we wouldn’t be able to walk out with a little memento.

ms2

I’m sure Eddie Ross loved every second of getting to spend time in this room. All the props are used for the magazine photo shoots and television segments.

ms3

Hmm tea time for about 100 or so?

ms4

White is always a fabulous choice in dining ware. Makes it so easy to use it year around.

ms5

You can always add interest to a table with pops of color in the salad plate, dessert plate, tea cup. It’s fun to mix and match and that yellow screams spring to me!

ms6 

I love to bake so these cake pedestals are calling my name. The even look pretty with nothing on them.

ms7

Bowls, bowls and more bowls. My favorite one has to be those two green ones towards the front. What a lovely shade of green it looks like jadite milk glass.

ms8

When can I move in Martha? Totally amazing and I’m sure the prop room gets new additions all the time!


Next week I’m going to be venturing out to some Antique malls in CT and NJ and will hopefully be coming home with lots of goodies to share with all!

19 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i would love the cake plates..I want them all!! and yay for antique malls...

and Cam---KMART...I see from Twitter it was successful..need details if its worth the venture!

April 10, 2009 at 11:48 AM  
Blogger High-Heeled Foot in the door said...

Hey Danielle,

I commented about it in the KMART post. The tulip skirt was there and really pretty. It didn't work on me, but my mom picked it up in black and cream. Everything in the women's section was 30 or 40% off and they let us use are $10 coupons off a $50 purchase and even let us do mulitple transactions to use more than one coupon. All in all a good trip. The majority of the dresses look like they are only available online. I think I'm going to order a couple and try them out.

April 10, 2009 at 11:53 AM  
Blogger alison giese Interiors said...

I remember some of those pics, isn't it INSANE?
In my pre-taxday huff, I wonder if MS was able to write off the purchases of all those "wares" as "business expenses?"
Hmmmm....no one ever said she wasn't a supremely clever businesswoman...
Yes, go ahead and call me on the jealously ;)
Have a great weekend!

April 10, 2009 at 11:58 AM  
Blogger Christina said...

in my fantasy, i'm allowed to walk around and fill up a shopping cart with all of these wonderful items and b/c martha is feeling generous, she'd give me the loot for free!

April 10, 2009 at 12:01 PM  
Blogger Laura @ the shorehouse. said...

Wouldn't it be great to be a contestant on one of those "Supermarket Sweep"-type shows...and be given a huge bag (since's it's Martha that bag would be a tasteful monogrammed L.L. Bean tote)...a roll of bubble wrap...and 60 seconds (I'd need more, but remember it is a game show :-) to stuff as much as possible in it?! I'd go right in for the cake plates.

April 10, 2009 at 1:51 PM  
Blogger paula said...

Oh how I wish I had my own prop room, ha! Happy Easter!

April 10, 2009 at 4:08 PM  
Blogger pve design said...

What a great closet or room to have to store all those pieces!

April 10, 2009 at 4:57 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

hahaha i love what you said abot getting our grubby little hands in there!!!! WOW that's just amazing. I WANT ONE!!!
;)
xoxo

April 10, 2009 at 8:16 PM  
Blogger TracyZLesh @ Then I Got To Thinking said...

I just discovered your blog... so cute! I love cake stands! I don't even make a ton of cakes, but I really love the stands :)

April 10, 2009 at 8:49 PM  
Blogger MissBliss said...

prop room! I have to laugh because I decided to make my own wedding cake based on a Martha wedding cake picture... the chocolate truffle wedding cake just looked so gorgeous and sounded so easy...

5 days worth of easy! :)

April 10, 2009 at 10:47 PM  
Blogger . said...

WOW~
so glad I found you...
your blog is awesome.

April 11, 2009 at 9:21 AM  
Blogger Kwana said...

Wow these are amazing. Wouldn't you love to do a Supermarket sweeps in there? But no breakage.

April 11, 2009 at 11:12 AM  
Blogger Debra said...

I would love to shop from those shelves! What a treat for the eyes! Have a great Easter and weekend!

April 11, 2009 at 1:50 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

wow wow wow! wouldn't it be fun to run wild in there?

April 12, 2009 at 6:16 AM  
Blogger LindsB said...

I'd die for this room and the craft room in my apartment, how much fun would it be to go shopping there for your house? LOVE IT!

April 13, 2009 at 10:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aren't these prop room pics just to die for? They should probably never let me take a tour in person as I would be too tempted to wear a really baggy coat and try to make off with a bunch of 'souvenirs'...

Hope you had a lovely easter!

April 13, 2009 at 12:50 PM  
Blogger HRH COLLECTION said...

wow! if only she was to open it up to the public and sell that abundant variety of decor awesomness! great post!

April 13, 2009 at 1:09 PM  
Blogger Haven and Home said...

What I would give to spend a few hours in there!

April 13, 2009 at 2:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

視訊聊天室,視訊聊天,聊天室,視訊做愛,視訊,做愛,情色視訊,情色,免費視訊聊天室,免費視訊聊天,免費視訊,視訊交友網,視訊交友,美女視訊,視訊美女,A片,AIO交友愛情館,AIO,日本A片,免費A片下載,免費A片,A片下載,AV片,AV,A,情色A片,情色,AV女優,A漫,H漫,成人漫畫,UT聊天室,豆豆聊天室,哈啦聊天室,尋夢園聊天室,聊天室尋夢園,成人聊天室,成人,愛情公寓,色情網站,寄情築園小遊戲,情色交友,一葉情貼圖片區,微風成人區,微風成人,微風論壇,成人網站,成人光碟,嘟嘟成人網,成人影城,18成人,成人電影,成人影片,本土自拍,自拍

June 9, 2009 at 12:15 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home