Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Confessions of a Shopaholic

Hello loves,



Thanks so much with all the fabric suggestions from yesterday’s post. You are really helping a girl out. I’ve been working like crazy since this weekend trying to get this house finished and have been having problems making decisions for myself. (I blame all the paint fumes!)



I’m leaning towards the bamboo, yet I can’t get the stripes (vertical and animal) out of my head as well.



In the hopes of giving my readers a little love back I was trying to think of a new feature that you all might enjoy and then it hit me! I discussed it with my advisors (aka my sisters, jon and of course Moo and Bear) and they all agreed it was a good idea.



So here is the idea. I’m located in NY and about 20 miles from NYC and I know a lot of my readers are not from the NY area.



My idea for the new feature would be to let you, my lovely readers pick out a shop for me in the NY area that you would love to get a sneak peek into. I would then go and snap pictures and capture the experience for you and report back to you. Maybe I can even pick up a little memento and do a give-away as well!



confessions-of-a-shopaholic-scene See, this could be me with a fab yellow jacket and surrounded by shopping bags as I take you with me on my shopping trips!



I can go to a big retailer like, ABC Carpet and Home or a local favorite like Fishs Eddy or small independent boutiques. It also doesn’t have to be Interior Design related. I can hit up a clothing shop that you saw in Lucky that you wish you could go to and let you know what it’s all about.



Ok I’m excited and I hope you all are as well.



I’m adding a poll so that you can all vote and let you know if you want me to go ahead with this idea.



isla-fisher-confessions-shopaholicI’ll even wear something silly colorful if you like while I visit the shops!



If you like this idea make sure you leave a comment and let me know what store(s) you want to see featured!

Labels:

18 Comments:

Blogger bluehydrangea said...

What a great idea!! Please go to Robert Roller Rabbit and takes pictures for me. I am dying to get in that store!!

July 1, 2009 at 12:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love it! I have no idea how you have time to do all this, but I salute you for it!

July 1, 2009 at 1:14 PM  
Blogger LindsB said...

Love this, such a cute idea! Hmm, not sure what store I would pick as I come to NY often, but I would LOVE to see what stores others pick and get a new fresh view of them :)

July 1, 2009 at 2:15 PM  
Blogger Fargerike Dagny said...

Great idea! I would actually pick Restoration Hardware! (since I'm in Norway - no where near NY! Or the US for that sake...)

July 1, 2009 at 3:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ONLY if you wear the outfit. and make sure you can take pics inside! at trina in palm springs a few weeks ago, i made my mom go try stuff on so i could take a covert pic of the dressing room walls!

July 1, 2009 at 3:18 PM  
Blogger pve design said...

Oh, I love Barneys, Bergdorfs and Maison du chocolate! I love Tiffany's too!

July 1, 2009 at 3:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun idea! I'd love the extra giveaway part too ;)

July 1, 2009 at 3:21 PM  
Blogger Robbie said...

I recently started following your blog and I am really enjoying it.

I would love a peek inside M & J Trimming. I am hoping someday to see it for myself.

July 1, 2009 at 4:04 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

yay!! great idea!!! i'm so clueless abotu what stores exist where so i'll enjoy anything you go to!!
xoxo

July 1, 2009 at 4:59 PM  
Blogger Devon said...

I'd like ABC Home because I've heard about it but never been.

There's also a Japanese organization store that Martha Stewart featured in one of her magazines (the name escaped me) but it was minimal organization products and the NY store was their only U.S. store. It looked amazing and I'd kill to learn more about it (and where in Japan their stores are located --I'll get there before I'll get to NY!!)

Great idea!!

July 1, 2009 at 9:03 PM  
Blogger Yansy said...

What a great idea. I have to get back to you on which stores but the best part is that NYC has plenty of those. Enough to keep you busy for the next couple of months.

July 1, 2009 at 10:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh that is such a good idea! Oh & I love that movie!

July 1, 2009 at 11:57 PM  
Blogger Meg said...

I think this is a fabulous idea. I don't live in the NYC area, but would love a virtual tour of some of the quirky stores. :)

July 2, 2009 at 7:45 AM  
Blogger Southern Aspirations said...

Great idea and I love Fishs Eddy and miss it!

July 2, 2009 at 2:09 PM  
Blogger Michael said...

i Love it, such a cute idea!

Thanks and best regards
sliding mirror doors

July 3, 2009 at 2:19 AM  
Blogger Ellen said...

I think it's a great idea! I vote for Muji and Roberta Roller Rabbit! (see http://robertarollerrabbit.com/about.html and http://turquoisechic.blogspot.com/2008/02/roberta-roller-rabbit.html )

July 4, 2009 at 6:41 PM  
Blogger Midwest Modern said...

Hiii Camila! I've been dying to get to Flair in NYC - not that Boston is that far but I just never find time when I'm down there. I went to their store in Florence and it was amazing but haven't been to the one in NY yet (http://www.flairhomecollection.com/default.aspx)
Talk soon! - Liz

July 6, 2009 at 9:36 AM  
Blogger Goya said...

I love Fish Eddy's!! Hi there, just stumbled upon your blog and really am enjoying reading your posts. I'm also a fellow New Yorker. I'll have to think of a place I've been dying to visit. Until then, keep up the great posts!!

July 18, 2009 at 3:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home