Monday, June 22, 2009

Bird Brain

I’m completely exhausted from this weekend. I was in charge of hosting Father’s day this year and It was a lot of hard work due to all the rain. Rain meant no BBQ, which meant an actual meal, which meant a very cranky Camila by dessert time.



So, this morning it’s taken me a bit longer to get into the swing of things. I’m having problems thinking hence my blog post title, but in addition to all that I actually do have birds on the brain.



Since I finally have furniture in my dining room my brain has been overworked these last couple of days trying to figure out what wallpaper I want to use in that room.



My original thoughts were to go with F Schumacher's Chenonceau in Bisque:



f schumacher chenonceau
Pictured is the pattern in Charcoal.



I love how the pattern is a great mix of traditional and modern and it seemed like the perfect fit for my home. I was practically sold when I realized one of the birds in the pattern was a peacock and I have a soft spot in my heart for them since my married name Pavone, means Peacock in Italian.



I was pretty certain this was the route I was going to take, but then in looking at my inspiration files I came face to face with my all time favorite room that I think sums up my design style pretty well:



Domino_07_paul_costello_designed_miles_redd

 Image via Domino Magazine. Designed by Miles Redd, Photographed by Paul Costello



I have not been able to get that wallpaper out of my head. It’s perfection. It would go amazingly in my house and add a little additional touch of vintage.



I tossed and turned all night trying to figure out who makes that paper. I searched and searched and couldn’t find any info, but I’m leaning towards thinking it is de Gournay hand painted wallpaper. Totally not in the budget. I was distraught until I remembered another image I loved from an old Martha Stewart living issue that had a similar vibe.



marthastewartbirdbutterflywallpapersept2008

I then also remembered the same paper had been used in an old issue of Domino:

SCHUMACHER_BIRDS_AND_BUTTERLIES_DOMINO_MAG So don’t need that huge butterfly, but the paper is absolutely beautiful!



The print is called Birds and Butterflies and it’s from F Schumacher, which means yes still a little pricey, but more doable.



I can’t seem to find it on their site so I hope they are still making it. I’m setting up my to the trade account with them today (yay!) so I’ll have to ask and find out.



Have any of my readers seen any amazing wallpapers like the ones above that I must see?



I’m open to suggestions!!

Labels: ,

15 Comments:

Blogger Kwana said...

These are some beautiful papers. I wish you the best of luck with your search.

June 22, 2009 at 11:48 AM  
Blogger pve design said...

I will e-mail you a list of some hip updates, birds on the brain...
pve

June 22, 2009 at 12:44 PM  
Blogger Freckles Chick said...

You had me at "domino" & "birds". These are gorgeous. I don't have any suggestions but I LOVE the direction you're going w/ this room!

June 22, 2009 at 12:49 PM  
Blogger Erin {House of Turquoise} said...

I LOVE these images! The bird wallpaper is just so fun. I think I actually like the 2nd kind better, a little more color maybe. I think I remember seeing it used as a backsplash in a kitchen, but I can't find the picture anywhere! Ugh!

But I did find these here from Louise Body Wallprints that I really like too. (Check out the gallery!)

June 22, 2009 at 12:50 PM  
Blogger LindsB said...

haven’t seen anything like those...then again I have not been actively looking- but I'm certain whatever you pick out is going to be beautiful!

June 22, 2009 at 1:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh man, I wish I could help you... what beautiful paper. You might also try putting your question on Apartment Therapy. Sometimes when I'm really stumped someone on AT has the answer. Either way, I can't wait to see what you do! I LOVE wallpaper!

June 22, 2009 at 1:33 PM  
Blogger bluehydrangea said...

I love the Chenonceau!! Fabulous!! I think you should go for it!!

June 22, 2009 at 1:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can live without the butterfly paper, but I too love the birds! Good luck! I hope you find it cause I can't wait to see how it's gonna look :)

June 22, 2009 at 1:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh I love these

June 22, 2009 at 2:15 PM  
Blogger Blair Friedeman said...

I am currently obsessed with both bird and butterfly wallpaper right now! love all of these rooms! Happy monday. xx

June 22, 2009 at 2:39 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I so know the feeling. So many nights I have stayed awake just dreaming up things I want and how to get them. Where to get them and how to pay for them. Looks like you have some wonderful ideas floating around in your head. Hope you find just what your looking for~

June 22, 2009 at 5:15 PM  
Blogger PS~Erin said...

You've found some good ones! I'm just warming to the idea of actually putting some up in my house... I worked so hard to take the 80s navy & mauve down when I moved in. I'm so looking forward to seeing your room progress!

June 22, 2009 at 6:07 PM  
Blogger Haven and Home said...

Oh I LOVE the first Schumacher. Yeah to setting up an account!

June 23, 2009 at 8:55 AM  
Blogger Lynett said...

Love all the birdy wallpapers! The room is going to look gorgeous!

And I to, had bird brain on Monday~ Ugh!

June 23, 2009 at 9:02 AM  
Blogger Lauren said...

oh wow. love them all. let me know how it goes!!!
xoxo

June 23, 2009 at 11:39 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home