Take a seat
Last week I showed you some of my most recent trash to treasure finds that I recently found.
One of the first items that needed immediate attention was the patio chairs.
Here are the frames after I took all the mesh out of them:
Pictured below is the mesh seating that needed a good cleaning and a little re-vamp.
I then went out to IKEA and picked up 2 and a half yards of this fabric:
I also made a quick stop at Walmart and picked up some cans of spray paint for the chairs. I wanted pink and Jon didn’t so I went and got…..
Pink! What can I say with a name like Ballet Slippers how could I not. I didn’t want to be a totally horrible wife so I got 2 cans of Ballet Slippers and 2 cans of a more neutral shade called Pebble. Since we have 4 chairs I figured we could compromise and make 2 pink and 2 pebble.
Here is a shot of my chair with it’s lovely shade of pink:
The fabric then needed to be cut to size, pinned, and then run through the sewing machine. This was a little awkward, because I was attaching it to the mesh backings the chair already had and it was a bit stiff so it took a little push to get through the machine.
Now for the finished product:
Close up of the fabric and pink frame:
This project was super inexpensive.
Here is the breakdown:
The chairs were: FREE
2.5 yards of fabric at 8.99: $22.47 plus tax we’ll make it $24
6 cans of spray paint at $2.59: $15.54 plus tax we’ll make it $17
So for around $41 bucks I got a brand new patio set!
Oh I so love it! I’m still waiting to finish the rest of them. I have a pebble frame finished with fabric as well and most of the sewing is done for the other 2 chairs except for one seat bottom. Of course the sewing machine decided to stop working Saturday evening and I have no clue what is wrong with it!
Hopefully we can play around with it tonight and figure out what is wrong and finish up the rest and then I’ll post a picture of the completed project!
On the sewing front this project was supper easy. I used no sew hew tape to secure the fabric on when I was having problems pinning it and then just rain it through the machine. The lines came out straight enough. You can't really tell where it goes a little oh course.
On to a new sewing project!