Thursday, July 2, 2009

Working for the weekend...

This week has been completely exhausting. Between trying to finish painting all the trim in my home, rearranging the furniture layout of the living room daily, and helping dear SIL get everything ready for the big move I'm tired!

To top things off this morning my laptop decided not work anymore. Jon figured out that it just needs a new power cord, but I think it was trying to send me a message and tell me I need to relax for a bit.

I'm counting down the days for the start of this weekend, because lucky gal that I am I was invited out east! Long Island splits into a fork out east and in January I was invited to stay on the South fork that being the Hampton's. This weekend we are going to the North fork and I couldn't be happier. It's a bit more low key and not as Real Housewives of NY like the Hampton's.

I look forward to stopping at some farm stands on the way there:



I will also be making Jon stop at every yard sale that I spot:



In addition to all that I'll have to stop at Briermere Farms and pick up some of their famous pies for my host and hostess.



I also need to make a pit stop at one of the many local vineyards and stop at Duck Walk and pick up some of their yummy blueberry port along with doing my favorite thing at a vineyard. No, it's not tasting the wine, but showing some of the vineyards dogs some love.



No trip out east would be complete without a stop at Scoops our favorite ice cream shop that sells solely Hershey's ice cream. I'll take a cone of Denali Moose Tracks and Jon love Chocolate Cherry Cordial.We are completed serious about this ice cream and even bring a cooler with us so that we can bring some pints home with us!



When we finally arrive at our destination it will be filled with family, friends and of course tons of food and entertainment.

The beach is only a start boat ride away and lucky for us there is a dock in the backyard with a boat ready to go, or we could kayak there if we like, or even take one of the Vespa's they have around for going into town.

I just might have to recreate this picture:



I promise to take loads of pictures. I'm bringing my Nikon D60 that I have yet to learn how to use so I'll be reading up on the manual on the drive out there. I hope to come back refreshed and recharged.

I'm hoping to have my business site launched at some point in August so it's go time! I of course switched my mind again with business cards a couple of weeks ago, got new colors for the logo, got a logo, got a slogan, working with two lovely web designers to help me with a blog revamp (I'm switching over to word press!) and the business site. House is 90% ready for photo shoot and I'm one unit away from finishing my schooling. Yay! It's all happening and I'm exhausted.

I hope you all have a lovely weekend! I'll try to post something tomorrow, but I'm not sure if it will happen. We are moving SIL in tonight and tomorrow. So I'll be busy, busy.

Do you have any fun plans for this weekend? Please share?

Labels:

17 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you have an awesome weekend! My bro is coming up for a secret surprise birthday party and I couldn't be more excited!!!!

July 2, 2009 at 11:41 AM  
Blogger LindsB said...

Wow, I am tired just reading all that! You def. need a break and the North Fork is just the place to do it- I love it there. Its so country people meet city people fun :) and I LOVE Duck Walk, that was one of my favorite stops, actually it was prob. the one I remember the most because it was one of the first stops on our wine tour...I dont remember much about the others, haha.

I am very, VERY excited to see your new site and and logo and just everything! If you ever want to give anyone a sneek peek, I'm your girl :)

Have a lovely, relaxing, and fun weekend! Happy 4th!!

July 2, 2009 at 11:42 AM  
Blogger Lynett said...

I'm exhausted reading about your weekend and all your plans, but very excited for you as well. I hope you have a stress-free and very relaxing weekend!

July 2, 2009 at 11:45 AM  
Blogger Re:Fresh Design Studio said...

Looking forward to seeing your business site, logo and all that goes along with it!

July 2, 2009 at 11:57 AM  
Blogger A New England Girl said...

Jeesh... reading that just made me want to crawl back into bed! Girl, slow down!! :) Enjoy yourself and all of your relaxing activities - and please have a scoop of Moose Tracks for me [it's my all time favorite]. Can't wait to see the photos and hear your opinion on your new Nikon. Can we say jealous much? I need a new camera desperately. :)

No solid plans over at NE Girl... we're just playing it by ear and seeing how things go. As you aren't too far away, you know how the weather has been. If it doesn't stop raining, I am planning on snuggling in bed with movies all weekend. :)

Have a great time!

July 2, 2009 at 12:09 PM  
Blogger Christina said...

have a great weekend, it sounds like you deserve it after working so hard! tell the beach i said hello.

July 2, 2009 at 12:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How fun! I'm off to a bbq up in ventura by my beach house..nothing like fireworks on the beach!

July 2, 2009 at 1:37 PM  
Blogger Brooke @ Blueprint Bliss said...

Sounds like you have a lot of fun things planned! :)

Mac and I are still trying to decide if we are heading to Florida... we will be last minute with our decision! :)

July 2, 2009 at 1:47 PM  
Blogger Alicia B. Designs said...

Sounds like you have a great weekend to look forward to! I'm (weather permitting) going sailing off the tip of Manhattan with the boyf tomorrow and then we're going out to Old Lyme to meet up with my girlfriends from hs and hopefully get sun stroke out on the beach! I'm tres excited! Happy Forth!

July 2, 2009 at 1:49 PM  
Blogger Meg said...

You sound busy busy!! Jon is so super tolerant. I can't believe that he is more than happy to go with you to all the garage sales, how sweet.

I have just started stopping at those local fruit/veggie stands and they are fantastic! Enjoy some good eats! Have fun this weekend.

July 2, 2009 at 2:33 PM  
Blogger Shannon said...

yes, that sounds much better than running into the ny real housewives...have so much fun & eat loads of hersheys for me!

I can't wait to see everything you've got in store...and thanks for the sweet message on my blog :)

July 2, 2009 at 5:23 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

This weekend get-a-way sounds great! I would love to score some fab goodies at those yard sales out East! My husband's aunt is from CT and has the most incredible yard sale/estate sale finds!

July 2, 2009 at 7:07 PM  
Blogger Blair Friedeman said...

Oh, sounds like the perfect way to spend the weekend. I am so incredibly jealous. And I hope you have time to relax:)

July 2, 2009 at 8:20 PM  
Blogger pve design said...

One of my favorite spots! I love the farm stands, the flowers, the fresh air, hope you enjoy your weekend.
Sounds as though you need a break and a bit of rest.
Lots of exciting things going on for you!
pve

July 3, 2009 at 7:22 AM  
Blogger Lauren said...

so fun!! have the best time!!

having christian's 2nd birthday party this weekend!!!

July 3, 2009 at 8:51 AM  
Blogger Pink Wallpaper said...

i hope you have a great fourt...sounds like it is going to be a fab trip. and thanks for always being so sweet!!

July 3, 2009 at 11:38 AM  
Blogger Under a Green Roof said...

you so deserve a break and I hope that you enjoy every single minute of it!!! Happy 4th!

July 5, 2009 at 12:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home