One of the many reasons as to why my to-do list has been never ending these last couple of weeks is that all of the rooms in my house are in there finishing touches spaces in anticipation for the big photo shoot to get my portfolio started.
Of course right when I think I’m done with a room I decide to change something! Gotta tell ya all that Jon is loving this about me. Poor man is being driven crazy by his decorator wife.
This weekend I got one step closer to finishing the living room. I would love to show a before picture, but a couple of weeks ago my laptop with all of my images and my life decided it wanted to work as a paperweight instead so I don’t have one available!
Here is what I now get to enjoy in my living room:
Different angle shot:
Close up of frames:
I originally had one main piece of art on this wall. It was one of my first real art purchases that I still love and enjoy, but every time I saw it on the wall I felt like something was different. I really loved my pops of orange in my toss pillows, but orange was lacking in the rest of the room. These new prints helped me incorporate more orange and some shades of blues that were already in the room.
This was a super easy project that helped me add more color into the room and laying out the prints in the grid that I made helped make the walls seem higher. Always a plus!
Here are the supplies neccessary:
Since this was an extra last minute project I didn’t want to spend a whole lot on it. With a quick trip to A.C. MOORE I picked up 9 frames (11”x 14”) at $5 each! I then picked up some mats for $3.39 each! I still needed a background for the French notebooks so I searched my fabric closet and found some neutral burlap that fit the bill. I already had some of the French notebooks in a different part of the room so I just needed to purchase a couple more here.
I then had to cut the burlap to size:
Once the burlap was cut to size I put it to the side and centered my notebook on the frame. I then used a glue stick so that my burlap would have something to adhere to.
Once the glue is on the notebook I simply placed the burlap on top and then glued the edges to the mat as well.
Last step was just to secure the backing on and voila all finished!
I then did the steps 8 more times! When it came time to getting them on the wall I had Jon come to the rescue. Due to the swinging sconces we could only do 3 across, which enabled us to go 3 rows up. Also to have it be pleasing to the eye Jon made sure that all of the frames were equally spaced from all sides.
I’m off to work on another project for the living room that I’m hoping to share tomorrow! Fingers crossed all goes as planned.