Tuesday, January 19, 2010

I want to go to there: DeBois Textiles

Last week Meg from Pigtown Design put a little teaser on her blog. She had found a decorators slice of heaven in her home town. A massive warehouse full of designer fabrics many running as little as $10 a yard!

 



Here was one of her teaser pics!



01-12-10 036

 



I was dying to know where she had gone.  A couple of days later she not only revealed the store, but went back to it with fellow blogger Michelle from My Notting Hill.

 



Look at what they spotted  this time!



Debois Textiles 004

 



I literally wanted to grab my keys and run out the door to snag some KWID imperial trellis out of her hands! But I realized that not only was the store already closed for the day when I read the post, but oh yea it’s in Baltimore and about 4 hours away from me!

 



I dropped my keys and headed towards my calendar instead trying to figure out when to plan a road trip!

 



Of course Meg revealed even more!



Debois Textiles 112

 



Due to my vacation to Costa Rica that starts this Friday (So excited!) and the NYIGF the following weekend my adventure to fabric heaven needed to be planned for the first weekend in Feb!

 



Patience is a virtue and I decided I just needed to chill and that soon enough my hands would be on some amazing finds, but then what does Meg do? Reveal even more! (As of Monday she had already been to De Bois Textiles 5 times!!!)



01-18 025



DeBois Textiles doesn’t have an online shop, but I emailed them to see how to get my designer fix fast. A received a lovely and very prompt email back from the President of DeBois Textiles letting me that if I give him a pattern name/vendor/color they can check and see if they have it and I can order it via email!

 



Check out what Meg made with some Trina Turk fabric she was gifted at De Bois.



01-18 007

 



So, lovely readers enjoy! If you are near Baltimore you must run there and grab something great, but leave something around for me.

 



If you are in the NY area I’m going the first weekend of Feb! Road trip anyone?

 



A big thank you to Meg for letting us know about this gem that most people would keep as their own little secret!

 



Another big thank you to everyone that helped with my Dilemma yesterday. All of your comments/advice have really helped me formulate a good game plan!

 



xoxo,



Camila

 



* All images via Pigtown Design aka Meg

Labels: ,

30 Comments:

Anonymous kim said...

Great find - I'm marking this for future reference.

Also - great 30 rock reference!

January 19, 2010 at 10:53 AM  
Blogger alison giese Interiors said...

Wow, you (and Meg) know how to make a girl nearly weep with envy! I've shuffled my brain to see if there's ANY time I could waddle myself up there, but don't think it would be possible.
Bigtime bummer is my hubster was just in Baltimore for some training over the holidays - I could've made a mad dash then.
Oh well...will have to consider the email route, I guess.
Thanks for sharing!

January 19, 2010 at 11:02 AM  
Blogger Pigtown*Design said...

Thanks so much! Can't wait to meet you when you come!

(actually, i was given a yard or two of the trina turk, but bought the other 5 yards!)

January 19, 2010 at 11:21 AM  
Blogger Averill said...

WHOW! I'm seriously jealous and wondering if they might happen to have an outpost on the Gulf Coast?!

January 19, 2010 at 11:36 AM  
Blogger E @ Oh! Apostrophe said...

Gorgeous! I am near Baltimore! I don't know how to sew. Or how to fake sew. Or how to do anything with fabric... I might go anyways :)

January 19, 2010 at 11:39 AM  
Blogger ~Chandelier No. 4~ said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

January 19, 2010 at 11:42 AM  
Blogger Ms. Bright said...

Gah!!!! Now, I'm dying! What a great find...I have a feeling the president of DeBois is going to be slammed with 50 million emails now! :)

Have a ball in CR!!!
xo

January 19, 2010 at 11:50 AM  
Blogger Kerry said...

Hmm thanks for sharing :)

... wonder who I could convince to go on a Baltimore trip with me... and go fabric shopping!? haha

I wonder if you have to claim fabric when your crossing the border??

January 19, 2010 at 11:59 AM  
Blogger ~Chandelier No. 4~ said...

Thanks for the inspiration... guess I'll have to read my sewing machine manual after all!

P.S. Costa Rica! Not sure if you've checked my blog as of late, we just got back from the warm... so so so nice to have a break after the holidays. Enjoy!!!

Sorry for the weird re-post :)

January 19, 2010 at 12:23 PM  
Blogger Christy said...

Oh wow - I seriously, seriously need to learn how to sew! I love the patterns you've shown us, and could so imagine making my own duvet cover with a couple of them. Or one for my sweet daughter's new 'big girl' bed. Hmmm...

January 19, 2010 at 12:58 PM  
Blogger Scientific Housewife said...

Haha @ " I want to go to there", I was just saying that earlier. Those fabrics are awesome, I wish I could do something with them.

January 19, 2010 at 12:59 PM  
Blogger Sarah Ring said...

Oh wow. I wish I could find a place like this in LA/OC or Houston!

January 19, 2010 at 1:00 PM  
Blogger Jenny at LGN said...

Camila - you will die! It is the best kept secret of Baltimore! (or used to be!)

It's a 2hr drive for me, but I still manage to go often. It would be fun to try to make it happen when you go in February!

Also, I might be swinging by the NYC show on the 30th. It would be fun to do lunch or something if you'll be in the city that day.

love,
jenny

January 19, 2010 at 1:05 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Jealous is an understatement from here in Ohio. ;)

January 19, 2010 at 1:08 PM  
Blogger Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

envious! but you are lucky if you know what you want and they are willing to ship it over! go for it!

January 19, 2010 at 1:55 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

WOW!! That is a find. My next trip north will just have to have a long lay over in Baltimore. Unless they decide to expand to the south.

January 19, 2010 at 1:55 PM  
Blogger karen@fitnessjourney said...

I could literally spend hours in a fabric store. I love the Imperial Trellis fabric too.

January 19, 2010 at 2:03 PM  
Blogger Alex said...

Yeah me! I almost stopped reading because I said "Nothing this good is ever near me..... BALTIMORE?! BALTIMORE?!"

I'm about an hour away but certainly up for a trip. Thanks for sharing!

January 19, 2010 at 2:07 PM  
Blogger Sarah Allyson said...

OH MY! I NEED to go there! I am moving to DC in a month and thankfully Baltimore will be much closer!!! YAY!


ps. Have a fabulous time in Costa Rica!

-Sarah
http://timelessstyleblog.blogspot.com/

January 19, 2010 at 4:15 PM  
Blogger Fargerike Dagny said...

Oh, I want to go there too!! You have to have loads of fun in Costa Rica and take tons of pics!! Isn't college art online a great site?? And the selection is just insane?!?

Have a fabulous Tuesday!!

January 19, 2010 at 4:20 PM  
Blogger carlee {deliciously organized} said...

I wish I could go there right now! Wow! Great find!

January 19, 2010 at 4:26 PM  
Blogger Susie @ Maddie G Designs said...

I seriously have heart palpitations reading this. I had no idea.... I see the need for a little trip next week....thanks for the info!

January 19, 2010 at 5:11 PM  
Blogger Tammy@InStitches said...

I'm a fabric freak, going to go here next time I'm anywhere near Baltimore !

January 19, 2010 at 6:00 PM  
Blogger MFAMB said...

LOVE that trina turk fabric. i think the next time i feel blue i will get in the car and drive to a fabric store...

January 19, 2010 at 6:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

January 19, 2010 at 10:06 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Take me too!!! Love all these fabrics!! Such a breath of fresh air!

January 19, 2010 at 10:35 PM  
Blogger Karena said...

Oh, I cannot tell you how envious I have been. I really wanted Meg to pick up some fabric for me, however she probably had hundreds of requests. I may just email the owner!!

January 20, 2010 at 12:12 AM  
Blogger Karena said...

Oh and yes have a fabulous trip!!

January 20, 2010 at 12:13 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I am so jealous. I am dying for the brown imperial trellis. It's meant for my guest room/craft room
If only I lived on the other side of the country...
Have a FANTASTIC holiday. Cheers!

January 20, 2010 at 2:31 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

wow! what an awesome resource. if i weren't spending the semester in france, i too would be penciling in dates on my calendar. thanks for sharing!

January 20, 2010 at 5:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home