Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Southern Living Surprise!

Yesterday was a day packed full of work. Since I’m leaving on vacation this coming Friday I’ve been busy making sure all my client work is under control. I worked till around 9pm last night, but my saving grace was knowing that when I finished I could rip open my latest issue of Southern Living.

 



Now my family thinks it’s pretty funny that I subscribe to Southern Living magazine. Mainly because I don’t live in the South nor have a ever and I probably will never get to, but a girl can dream right?

 



I love the mix of traditional and modern rooms with a touch cottage that are showcased in Southern Living that just exude charm.

 



I always flip through the first time just looking at the images and then go back to read the articles. Yesterday though some of the images started looking vaguely familiar. As I kept looking at pictures of this home I started to realize that I knew who the designer was and she was a friend!

 



Take a peek and see if you can figure out who it is?

 



Hint #1: This home is in Florida, which is also home to this designer.



urbangrace1 002 



Hint #2: Plumbing fixtures make her heart go pitter-patter.



urbangrace1 001 



Hint # 3: She has two furry little co-workers.



urbangrace1 003 



Hint #4: She just welcomed a sweet baby girl into this world.



urbangrace1 004 



Hint #5: Not only does she design fabulous rooms, but she also blogs!



urbangrace1 005

 



Hint #6: She has a twin sister that also blogs!



urbangrace1 007

 



I’m certain that by now you must know that it is none other than Erika of Urban Grace!

 



A big Congrats to you Erika! A very well-deserved feature! I can’t wait to see you work in many many more magazines!

 



All images via Southern Living.

Labels:

27 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Bright said...

How awesome!! Yay Erika! Thanks for sharing!

January 20, 2010 at 11:22 AM  
Blogger ~Grace Happens~ said...

i saw this too and knew right away! erika is one of my favorite designers. totally deserves this:)

January 20, 2010 at 11:28 AM  
Blogger Nikki said...

I didn't guess who it was, but I am going to pick up that issue right away.

Love the way you described Southern Living. I always look at their house plans online...and I live in the NW. Perhaps I'm a Southern girl at heart? I do love bourbon and grits!

January 20, 2010 at 11:29 AM  
Blogger MFAMB said...

way to go erika!!! she rocks hard!!

January 20, 2010 at 11:33 AM  
Blogger ~Chandelier No. 4~ said...

It's so fab that you featured this post... it feels so good to see all of the warm support in our design blog world.

Have fun on your trip!

{Hugs}
Joanna

January 20, 2010 at 11:45 AM  
Blogger I'maNolaGirl said...

My favorite day of the month might be the day the Southern Living is waiting in my mailbox!! What a great feature...

January 20, 2010 at 12:08 PM  
Blogger bryn alexandra said...

Thank you for scanning!! I must go out and purchase.

January 20, 2010 at 12:31 PM  
Blogger alison giese Interiors said...

I saw someone comment on the feature on her FB page, and it kills me that I don't get Southern Living down here - will have to wait 'til I can snag my mother's copy! She certainly deserves the featured spot!

January 20, 2010 at 12:45 PM  
Blogger bluehydrangea said...

Love it!! I am going out to buy that magazine right now!! Looks like they have really stepped it up!!

January 20, 2010 at 12:56 PM  
Blogger Christy said...

Wow that is so great! Congrats to her!

January 20, 2010 at 1:08 PM  
Anonymous Katie (Refresh Design Studio) said...

I love her work! Congrats to Erika!

January 20, 2010 at 1:33 PM  
Blogger Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

i love the magazine and I live far far away :)

January 20, 2010 at 1:59 PM  
Blogger Fargerike Dagny said...

Yay!! Congrats to Erika!

January 20, 2010 at 2:19 PM  
Blogger erika said...

thank yall so much! seriously camila... i am flattered to be featured here. very grateful! thank you for posting!!
XO
erika

January 20, 2010 at 2:19 PM  
Anonymous Carrie said...

I get this every month and I was THRILLED to see this room by one of my favorite bloggers/ designers! Thanks for sharing so all can see!

January 20, 2010 at 2:58 PM  
Blogger Anna Whiston-Donaldson said...

I absolutely LOVED this article when I read it. SO fun to know who it is!

January 20, 2010 at 3:02 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Congrats to Erika. A job well done!

January 20, 2010 at 3:11 PM  
Blogger Averill said...

Wow! Congrats to Erika! I've been following her blog for a long time and it's great to see some of her work get good press. She's so incredibly talented.

January 20, 2010 at 6:51 PM  
Blogger Yelena said...

that's awesome! it's a gorgeous home! :)

January 20, 2010 at 7:04 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

I also live vicariously through Southern Living Magazine and have been known to say y'all when reading...glad to know I'm not the only one!!

January 20, 2010 at 9:25 PM  
Blogger LindsB said...

Love her work, it is just stunning every time!

January 20, 2010 at 10:13 PM  
Blogger Brooke @ Blueprint Bliss said...

I was glad to see her work published- such a great house!

January 21, 2010 at 9:13 AM  
Blogger Lauren said...

what a beautiful house!! need to get my hands on tha mag. CONGRAUTLATIONS TO ERIKA!!!
xoxoxo

January 21, 2010 at 9:49 AM  
Anonymous Bailey @ peppermintbliss said...

Aww what a good blogfriend you are! I too LOVE Erika and her work, in fact, I think I am going to link to this post manana on my little blog. What goes around blogs around!

January 21, 2010 at 2:46 PM  
Blogger Stephanie Sabbe said...

I recognized the green bench and knew without reading...although your clues were very good:)

have a fun trip!

January 21, 2010 at 7:44 PM  
Blogger Katie @ Noodle and Boof said...

WOW! Looooove Erika and Darby!!! LOOOVE Southern Living! and LOOVE that house! :)

January 21, 2010 at 9:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you have a WONDERFUL time on your vacation!!!! Get lots of inspiration while you are away! I am going to go get a copy of Southern Living today!!!! Oh, and by the way.... if you need a place to stay way down south... seriously, i am WAY south.... come on! We will show you a great time!!!!!

January 22, 2010 at 7:57 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home