Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Design Crush: Carla Lane Interiors

When I was trying to search for design inspiration for my website my hunt sent me to the fabulous work of Carla Lane. I knew the second that I saw her work I would NEED to share it with you all.

 



She’s a native New Jersey girl who got her BFA at Pratt, started her career at W magazine, did on the side design work on friends and family homes, and finally officially entered the world of interior design in 2006.

 



carla lane 



Love this entry with my favorite print from Brunschwig & Fils covering that bench.



carlabench 



This looks like quite the fashionista’s bedroom with Cole and Son's Woods wallpaper, chic  David Hicks Fiorentina fabric for window treatments, and of course stylish heels.



carladavidhickscurtains



I don’t think I will ever tire of the FOR LIKE EVER print.



carlaforlikeever 



For all my soon to be momma’s out there I love the simplicity of this nursery.



carlanursery 



Who doesn’t love a tufted headboard? I love the height on this one.



carlatuftedheadboard 



A couple of years ago I was obsessed with toile. If something had toile in it I had to buy it. I finally toned down my obsession with toile, but still love it in small doses and this bathroom doesn’t disappoint.



carlatoile



All images via Carla Lane Interiors, photographed by Tom Street-Porter



Don't forget about entering my fab sunburst mirror giveaway.

Labels:

26 Comments:

Blogger Morgan said...

Agreed! She's fabulous! Love the nursery best. :)

February 3, 2010 at 11:08 AM  
Blogger Averill said...

Gorgeous! I hadn't seen Carla's work before but I'm definitely going to go check out her portfolio. Thanks for sharing!

February 3, 2010 at 11:08 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow, thanks for introducing me to her work. It is beautiful!

February 3, 2010 at 11:27 AM  
Blogger Karena said...

I adore the bench and there is always something about the updated pouf!! Carla is so talented!
Karena

February 3, 2010 at 11:34 AM  
Blogger Sarah Ring said...

Girl's got style for sure. Loving all of these spaces! You post the best photos Cam! Lovely.

February 3, 2010 at 11:54 AM  
Blogger ~Chandelier No. 4~ said...

Thanks for sharing! She's very talented and original...

LOVE her style!

~Joanna

February 3, 2010 at 12:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow! she is great!

February 3, 2010 at 12:14 PM  
Blogger Tammy@InStitches said...

I love that she styles her photos with Cocoa Puffs and Cracker Jacks !

February 3, 2010 at 12:22 PM  
Blogger RAENOVATE said...

i love carla lane too!

http://www.raenovate.com/2010/01/hollywood-hills-kitchen.html

February 3, 2010 at 12:45 PM  
Blogger Rachael Sedory said...

I LOVEEEE the "for like ever" print. I think I'm going to order one now

February 3, 2010 at 1:39 PM  
Blogger Rachael Sedory said...

I just checked Etsy and they don't have the print! Know where I can get one?

February 3, 2010 at 1:42 PM  
Blogger Jessica @ Lavender and Lilies said...

I love that bedroom. It's gorgeous!

February 3, 2010 at 2:04 PM  
Blogger MFAMB said...

i LOVE that round mirror in that entry..who what where???

February 3, 2010 at 2:18 PM  
Blogger Scientific Housewife said...

If my house was less modern, I would definitely use more toile!

February 3, 2010 at 3:05 PM  
Blogger Aaron said...

Love the colors in that nursery!

February 3, 2010 at 4:07 PM  
Blogger katiedid said...

OOOOoooo! I like, I like!!!

February 3, 2010 at 6:41 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I love her sense of colour and restraint...I'm off to check out her work.

Best,
Michelle

February 3, 2010 at 8:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE those monogram roman shades! i die

February 3, 2010 at 8:42 PM  
Blogger Laurie from Laurie Jones Home said...

I've seen some of her photos floating around but never knew the designer, great to put a face to the design, she is incredibly talented!!

February 3, 2010 at 8:58 PM  
Blogger Manny Amadi said...

quality designs

February 4, 2010 at 1:59 AM  
Blogger Samantha said...

Love the bench.

February 4, 2010 at 8:24 AM  
Blogger carlee {deliciously organized} said...

Her work is gorgeous, thanks for introducing!

February 4, 2010 at 8:49 AM  
Blogger Hopeless Chest said...

I will love that pring, for like, ever! hehehe

February 4, 2010 at 8:57 PM  
Blogger Christen said...

I am totally obsessed with that oversized mirror in the second picture. Obsessed!

February 5, 2010 at 10:20 AM  
Blogger Marija said...

So thrilled to have found your site - and now Carla's! Fun style without being over the top trendy. And could she be any more adorable?! Something tells me that between her site and your blog, this is going to be a long night for me!

February 5, 2010 at 8:03 PM  
Blogger Julia said...

Do you happen to know the name of the Brunschwig & Fils fabric? I can't seem to find it anywhere!

February 8, 2010 at 9:52 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home