Monday, February 22, 2010

Weekend Recap: peeps, hats & artwork!

Hi Loves,

 



Happy Monday! Again another weekend has come and gone way too quickly. I realized that it’s been a couple of weeks since I’ve done a weekend recap and I’ve missed them. So here we go again!

 



Saturday night we had a surprise 30th Birthday party to go to! It was a crazy hat party, which meant we needed to go out and gather supplies. After dropping $15 at our local dollar tree we were in business.

 



I decided to go with a spring time theme and picked up peeps, a cowboy hat as my base and butterfly wings.

 



peepshat

I wanted to dangle something from the wings, but I couldn’t find anything in time.

 



Jon’s hat was a HUGE hit! He went with an army hat, army men, planes and night vision!



armyhat



He had a great time getting the planes to fly and setting up all the army men so it looked like the dark green guys were against the little green guys.

 



Sunday was spent getting up bright and early, heading to the diner for breakfast, taking the pups to a state park for a long walk and a project of course!

 



Our basic half bath on our first floor got a bit of a re-vamp when we first moved in. Beadboard walls went up, a fresh coat of paint on trim and a tin ceiling was added. It stayed as is for a while.



beforebath



Jon thought I was “finished” with it. Ah poor, stupid man. I’m never finished. I had slowly been collecting artwork to go into the space. This Sunday I made some headway with the project!

 



Sneak peek of bath:



afterbath



I still need to get some more accessories, fill in some blank frames on the walls and update the window treatment. So a full blown reveal will have to wait a little bit, but I was dying to share.

 



Sunday night I had a massive breakdown due to web design. Ah it’s all so stressful. I’m the kind of person that wants something done yesterday so have this whole process take so long makes me want to pull my hair out. Last night I practically did that while scaring my poor husband with a way ugly cry. Not my proudest moment.

 



What talked me off the ledge?



 



Wouldn’t it be amazing if I said Jon bought me a plane! Ah close second he purchased some tickets for a little get-away. We leave this Friday and I get to spend my weekend with TWO bloggers!

 



How did you spend your weekend?

 



Any guesses on where I’m going this weekend and who I’m going to see?

 



xo,

 



Camila

Labels:

21 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

how exciting! i LIVE for peeps!

February 22, 2010 at 9:44 AM  
Blogger Pigtown*Design said...

ME???? I hope so!

p.s. caramelize your peeps over the gas flame on the stove. crispy on the outside and gooey on the inside.

February 22, 2010 at 9:54 AM  
Blogger Scientific Housewife said...

Wow, those are so creative!

February 22, 2010 at 9:59 AM  
Anonymous Bailey @ peppermintbliss said...

Those hats are SO fun! Glad your hubs talked you off the ledge, can't wait to see where you two are headed!
I spent the weekend having an extended birthday celebration with my husband-to-be and it was just BLISSFUL!

February 22, 2010 at 10:14 AM  
Blogger Pemberley said...

Frames look great. Try this website to fill some of the empty ones.

http://vintageprintable.com/wordpress/

Let me know what you think.

February 22, 2010 at 10:27 AM  
Blogger bryn alexandra said...

I'm sorry to hear you are still have issues with your website... my advice is to take just a couple elements you love and leave the rest simple and clean. My website consists of my green burlap background, light blue and dark blue (same as on my blog). And that's it! Simple yet "me". Hope things get better for you. Aren't you working with Front Porch Studio (saw on Twitter). You're in great hands! Good luck!!

February 22, 2010 at 10:36 AM  
Blogger Christy said...

Sounds like a great weekend -- love both hats! -- and what a great gift! I spent the weekend getting my daughter's big girl room ready for her - super fun!

February 22, 2010 at 11:07 AM  
Blogger ~Chandelier No. 4~ said...

THIS Friday?!?! Oh crap! It's ok... I'll be ready. Can't wait to see you ;)

February 22, 2010 at 11:14 AM  
Anonymous Ximena said...

I have your DD original at my APT for you to pick up whenever! It's a little big though!

February 22, 2010 at 11:21 AM  
Blogger shi(f)t said...

love the progress on the bathroom!

February 22, 2010 at 11:24 AM  
Blogger Averill said...

Those hats are a riot! Love the peeps and GI Joes.

Enjoy your little getaway!

February 22, 2010 at 12:27 PM  
Blogger bazaarofserendipity said...

The peeps look so cute! You are just too creative! :-)


www.bazaarofserendipity.blogspot.com

February 22, 2010 at 1:09 PM  
Blogger Fargerike Dagny said...

How amaing are those hats!!! Seems like you had a wonderful weekend :)

February 22, 2010 at 1:40 PM  
Blogger Chic Coles said...

How sweet, he is taking you away for some R&R. Can not wait to hear all about it. Bathroom looks great with the new art work.

February 22, 2010 at 1:56 PM  
Blogger Nikki said...

Oh the ugly cry. I don't even have a pretty cry. My nose turns bright red.

February 22, 2010 at 3:18 PM  
Blogger alison giese Interiors said...

Hmmmm....Delta now offers a direct flight from ATL to Brasilia - shall I gussy up the guest room for ya'll?

Right. There. With. You. on the blog/web design drama - You KNOW what I'm talkin' 'bout, too! ;)

Hang in there, sweetie and as Bugs would say, "Bon Voyageee!"

February 22, 2010 at 7:03 PM  
Blogger Christen said...

I have no idea where you're going but I'm dying to know now! Glad you guys had so much fun at the party - your hats look amazing.

February 22, 2010 at 7:42 PM  
Blogger LindsB said...

love the hats!! Where are you going and who are you going to see???

February 22, 2010 at 8:18 PM  
Blogger Katie @ Noodle and Boof said...

bah! the hats are too cute!

February 22, 2010 at 11:19 PM  
Blogger Aesthetic Oiseau said...

Hmmm...who are you visiting?? They must be pretty fun to be worthy of a trip ;)

p.s. We'll need to discuss the bathroom - mine is VERY similar to yours, beadboard and all, and I'm struggling with it...

February 23, 2010 at 6:20 PM  
Blogger Slamdunk said...

Wow, love the army man hat--you should get a patent on that and sell it.

February 23, 2010 at 9:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home