Monday, February 8, 2010

Zigging and Zagging

If you know even just a little about me you know that I love pattern! Zig-zag print has always been on the top of my  I LOVE PATTERN  list. It’s a favorite of mine I try to talk everyone in it. My favorite example of the perfect zig-zag has to be by Alan Campbell. His print has a way of coming off  as geometric and a touch ethnic yet simple and classic and can be used as a neutral in most settings!

 



First up is the work of the always lovely and stylish Ms. Harper. She used the print in paper form and I think it give all of her great accessories a unique background that really makes the room.



 



In a room already full of stripes and a bold red the home owners went with the petite zig-zag print for their $10 barrel chair finds! Just another way to see it used as a neutral.



Rural Intelligence Home and Garden

 



At first glance you may not see it, but Campbell’s petite zig-zag is in the sweet nursery below designed by Angie Hranowsky. Yet again it’s the perfect neutral.



 



In the rooms above the zig-zag has taking on supporting roles so to speak in the rooms, but you can also make it the staring member of the room by using it to a upholster a main piece in the room. I would love to take this baby off of Maison Luxe's hands and into my already stuffed house!



 



Of course I know that Alan Campbell’s fabric is not in everyone’s price range, which is why when I stumbled onto this fabric I knew I would have to make a blog post about it.



 



I’m in love and it’s only $5.00 a yard!!!!!

Labels: ,

21 Comments:

Blogger Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

ooh I love the first one, very stylish!, great combination of colors

February 8, 2010 at 12:01 PM  
Blogger Lindsay said...

Wow, you are officially my new best friend for finding an Alan Campbell doppleganger on the cheap! Love it!

February 8, 2010 at 12:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great find! Now I just have to convince my husband we need a couch just like the one pictured above.

February 8, 2010 at 12:39 PM  
Blogger alison giese Interiors said...

Amazing! What a find!

February 8, 2010 at 12:53 PM  
Blogger Fashion Maven said...

Oh my GOSH - you are my hero! I have been looking for a similar fabric to that Alan Campbell petite zig zag fabric for months now! I just bought 10 yards, lol! They have it in brown/white too - I got five of the brown and five of the black.

So happy right now - can't beat $5/yard!

February 8, 2010 at 1:24 PM  
Blogger Brooke @ Blueprint Bliss said...

I'm not a big pattern person- but for the patterns on my list- this one is near the top.

February 8, 2010 at 2:32 PM  
Blogger Dweller-Carly said...

I've never really thought of zig zag as a pattern option, but it looks great in all of these photos. That's a great $5 find too!

February 8, 2010 at 3:17 PM  
Blogger Kelly Green said...

What a clever bargain hunter you are! thanks for the tip! KG (ps love that zig zag sofa....)

February 8, 2010 at 3:46 PM  
Blogger Sarah La Rose said...

I adore the nursery! Those colours, the prints. It's perfect. You're such a great design hunter! I need you in Toronto!

February 8, 2010 at 4:46 PM  
Blogger Chic Coles said...

I am head over heals for zig zag and am dying to buy the twinkle pillow from all modern that has been all over the blog world. I am going to save up for it!

February 8, 2010 at 4:48 PM  
Blogger Kristen said...

i'm into the zig zags now, too! check out this table of ziggin' and zaggin' that i painted:

http://kfddesigns.blogspot.com/2010/02/arrow-table.html

February 8, 2010 at 6:14 PM  
Blogger Alison Duffy said...

I so love that fabric!!!

February 8, 2010 at 7:31 PM  
Blogger ~Chandelier No. 4~ said...

Love the 1st pic... Must. Have. Paper.

~ Joanna

February 8, 2010 at 8:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

obsessed with the couch!

February 8, 2010 at 8:56 PM  
Blogger LindsB said...

I think you need lots and lots of that fabric to do fun things with, its really pretty.

February 8, 2010 at 9:00 PM  
Blogger Stephanie Sabbe said...

how funny. I kind of wrote about the whole zigzag deal today too. Love your images! so fun

February 8, 2010 at 9:09 PM  
Blogger Blackeyed Susan said...

Loving the first picture!! Such a gorgeous print!

February 9, 2010 at 12:05 AM  
Blogger Fargerike Dagny said...

That's a fabulous pattern! I think I have to get me some of that!! :D :D

Hope things are well!!

xoxo

February 9, 2010 at 4:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's called chevron.

February 9, 2010 at 8:31 AM  
Blogger Christen said...

I absolutely love the zig zag print wallpaper! It creates the perfect backdrop for really special pieces! Gorgeous!

February 9, 2010 at 11:17 AM  
Blogger High-Heeled Foot in the door said...

Thanks ANON I'm aware that it's called chevron, but the fabric/print I was discussing was by Alan Campbell and their name is zig-zag.

February 9, 2010 at 3:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home