Friday, March 26, 2010

Shop Girl: Arch Gate

While I was in the city this week I made a trip to Arch Gate.



archgate



This store is only a couple of blocks away from my sister’s apt and I drive/walk past it all the time, but had never gone in before.

 



Walking past it yet again this week I knew it was finally time to step inside and check it out. So happy that I did! I wanted one of everything and I’m certain you will too.

 



Let me take you on a little virtual trip:

 



I was in love with that round table! I could see it going in a million different rooms and who doesn’t love those blue/white ginger jars on top of it.



roundtablearchgate 



I’m probably going to type LOVE about a million times in this post, but I can’t help it I was in heaven. How amazing is that teal blue armoire and that minty green storage number!



armoiresarchgate 



More cool storage units. Love the colors and that hardware!



bluestoragearchgate 



More armoires:



armoireredarchgate



Love the high-gloss lacquered finish on this piece. It has so many uses, desk, vanity, console table.  I wanted to walk it with this one!



deskarchgate



It was a bit hard to get good pictures, because not only was I using my iphone camera, but there was so much furniture in every nook and cranny that it was hard to angle shots, but  I needed to share this piece with grass cloth on the fronts of the drawers and lacquer everywhere else!



dresserarchgate 



Me and my mom both loved this punch of blue color and thought it would be a good piece to stash in a small space and get some storage.



bluearchgate 



The black and blue piece from above got my attention right away. Love the color combo and that it is all lacquered! High gloss all the way!



twotonedarchgate 



Again wanted to bring home every thing in this nook. Especially that red chair.

 



archgate2

More red chairs that I was dying over! They were around $250-$300 and I was in love. They also came in brown.

redchairarchgate 



Take a closer peek at the piece below and you can see the greek key pattern done with the shelving.



greekkeyarchgate

I spy some blue foo's.



bluefooarchgate

 



A section dedicated to the color red:



redarchgate



Hope you enjoyed the tour. If you are ever in Manhattan you must go! The prices ranged from $200- $3,000, which didn’t seem too horrible to me. Especially since many of the pieces reminded me of Bungalow 5, which is even pricier.

Labels:

18 Comments:

Blogger Nikki said...

So many great finds! LOVE that little laquered number. I wouldn't have been able to walk away!

March 26, 2010 at 11:19 AM  
Blogger Beth McC. said...

Great Post! I think I founf something I love in every picture!!

Happy Friday!

March 26, 2010 at 11:29 AM  
Blogger Katie @ Noodle and Boof said...

fun!! love the unique pieces!
happy weekend! :)

March 26, 2010 at 11:44 AM  
Blogger Dreams of Perfection said...

Not only were most of the pieces colorful and fun, but they were functional! How nice a change.

March 26, 2010 at 12:00 PM  
Blogger Courtney said...

That blue armoire is just to die for! I love the hardware! Couldn't you just build a whole room around it?!? Thanks for sharing your little jaunts around unique places with those of us who aren't so lucky to have them in our backyard!

March 26, 2010 at 12:22 PM  
Blogger Hello Lover... said...

Great find - I love those turquoise pieces!

March 26, 2010 at 12:32 PM  
Blogger Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

love the powder blue storage unit, great shop, great find!
Have a great weekend!

March 26, 2010 at 12:33 PM  
Blogger Chic Coles said...

I might have to stop in here when i am in the city! Looks so fun!

March 26, 2010 at 12:38 PM  
Blogger Lucky Punk said...

I agree - great store. It makes me feel like I need to make a lot of money, stat, so i can redecorate my house.

March 26, 2010 at 12:43 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Those are some great finds.. so funny how we pass places time and time again and never go in - xo

March 26, 2010 at 12:51 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love Asian style. And I am ALL about the ginger jars, we have a few of them and they make storing odds and ends so elegant!

March 26, 2010 at 12:56 PM  
Blogger Screaming Meme said...

Hello! I stumbledupon your blog and thought it was a neat way to document your beginning high heeled steps to kicking off your business...:) Love it! I am a Desinger in Houston...It is a freshing to see a dream become a reality! Way to go! Meme

March 26, 2010 at 2:26 PM  
Blogger Connie @ SogniESorrisi said...

Such great stuff. Love the coffee table in the first photo and the teal blue armoire.

Have a great weekend!

March 26, 2010 at 2:48 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I want! I want! I want!

March 26, 2010 at 3:05 PM  
Anonymous Laura@JourneyChic said...

Such a cool shop! I love all the chinoiserie storage options.

March 26, 2010 at 3:35 PM  
Blogger please sir said...

Oh my goodness...looks so tempting!

March 26, 2010 at 3:53 PM  
Blogger A Perfect Gray said...

thanks so much for that look!

March 26, 2010 at 5:50 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Loving the chairs.

March 26, 2010 at 6:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home