Thursday, March 25, 2010

Warehouse Sale: Stark & Kravet

NYMAG_V1



Yesterday with my mom in tow I headed into the city to check out the warehouse sale. Our game plan was to find some fabulous fabrics and we figured being a pair would help us fight away the other ladies and get our hands on a fabric that would complete us.

 



Here is what we spotted first:

 



They had tables full of pillows. Mostly a mixture of crewel work and embroidery. They are $55 each.  The small lattice rug also shown was $450.

salepillows



Moving on we stopped to check out some of the Pratesi linens:



pratesibedding

They had their popular chain pattern, but sheet sets were still $975, which is way too much for me.

 



We kept on going and went straight for the FABRIC! Now at other fabric sales that I’ve been to there is normally a remnant section, which you can find pieces of fabric 5 yards and under for around $5, which is a total steal. There is also normally then bolts of fabric, which you can buy for a deal, but you must buy the whole bolt.

 



This sale was completely different. It looked like a mini showroom:



kravetfabric

It was nice, because it was really organized, but it kinda of made me feel like there was no thrill for the hunt! The sale prices varied. It totally depended on the fabrics. I saw some on sale for $3.99 a yard up to $100+ as a sale price a yard.

 



Once you picked out what you liked you needed to find out how much yardage was in stock and then place an order for it. Again was kinda sad you just couldn’t grab and carry.

 



Scalamandre was also represented and they had tables of memo fabric & wallpaper samples you could through:

scalamderfabric



Stark has a massive amount of sale items.

 



From wallpaper: They were at least 50% off



starkwallpaper

To carpeting:

starkcarpet



To rugs, rugs and more rugs.

 



This one was a beautiful sea glass green shade:



linkrug 



Both me and my mom wanted to take this baby home, but it was massive and oh yea almost $7,000 bucks.



brownlinkrug 



I use to hate oriental type rugs, but I’ve totally changed my mind lately. This one’s color combo was so pretty.



orientalrugs 



The walls were full of roll after roll ranging from $1,800- $3,000



chainlinkrug 



More rugs many had SOLD tags already.



starkrug



We walked out empty handed, but it wasn’t a waste. It was nice to check it out and see what it was all about. It seemed to be more oriented towards the more traditional designer whose clients have a classic six apartment on the Upper East Side. 

 



While some of the prices still seemed high you could tell that the they were really expensive pieces and the mark downs were great if you could afford it.

 



The additional perk of this sale was that it was right next door to a massive HERMES sale. I wanted to take a peek and see if I could finally bring home a little orange box, but this was the line:

 



HERMES SALE



It went down the entire street! I didn’t even try to make in.

 



Anyone else in the NY area try out the sale? 

Labels: ,

12 Comments:

Blogger LindsB said...

That looks like a really fun place to shop! Its too bad they didnt have the fabric like you wanted and it was all organized- sometimes the thrill of the find is the best part.

March 25, 2010 at 11:29 AM  
Blogger Shorely Chic said...

Wow, seems like such a fun day for you and your mom! I love taking my mom on little adventures, too. Its the best isn't it??

March 25, 2010 at 11:29 AM  
Blogger Jennifer Powell said...

I stopped by on trade day and i felt the same as you, gorgeous items at great value (considering original cost) but still priced a little high for my budget. The highlight for me was seeing Nate Berkus outside the Hermes sale and Hamish Bowles at Stark carrying three (!) giant shopping bags from Hermes.

March 25, 2010 at 11:37 AM  
Blogger Tammy@InStitches said...

Oh, I'm sorry you didn't get anything but you are so lucky you got to go !

March 25, 2010 at 12:40 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

What a grrat adventure! I would have had so much fun looking around at all the fabrics...!

March 25, 2010 at 12:51 PM  
Blogger Susie @ Maddie G Designs said...

Our Stark sale here in DC was teamed with Baker. I walked away with a large rug for my family room but also agreed there wasn't really a "thrill" for a good hunt. The sales people were like vultures (guess it worked b/c I bought a rug) and I found the Baker stuff to be overpriced for the dents, etc. I would have thought the kravet items would have been more like you had hoped. Too bad. Cannot believe that Hermes line!

March 25, 2010 at 1:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those rugs look great, love the key designs.

I dream of those little orange boxes -- I would have waited in line with you!

March 25, 2010 at 1:14 PM  
Blogger Kori said...

Oooh it's like decorator heaven! Kori xoxo

March 25, 2010 at 1:15 PM  
Blogger Katie @ Noodle and Boof said...

fun!! I wish I had one of those rugs!

March 25, 2010 at 1:27 PM  
Blogger Marija said...

I typically make it to NYC and then drive out with a client to the Stark warehouse sale (though I think it was in westchester or something?!) and I can't believe this wasn't on my radar screen?! It's such a fun thing to do even though I don't always have much luck bc as you said, it's for a very particular type of client. Maybe next time....

Sounds like you had a fun day!

Marija

March 25, 2010 at 3:27 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

What they are trying to do with the little showroom-samples is to sell the stock from their warehouse. They don't have to pay to ship the remnants to the warehouse, and typically they will sell right off the same lot that the showrooms are filling orders from!

It's nice because you can order a larger quantity of goods - you're not restricted to just remnants, but it does kind of kill the thrill of the hunt!! ;-)

March 25, 2010 at 5:57 PM  
Blogger hana said...

i am going tomorrow! {to LOOK, of course}

March 25, 2010 at 8:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home