Friday, April 23, 2010

Mirror, mirror on the wall

A couple of weeks ago my friend, Amy (which I met via twitter!) had her apt featured on Poppy Talk.

 



I was so thrilled to see her old home and stopped  immediately to save one image into my inspiration file.



abcdsmirrorwall



I was convinced it was a window and then I kept reading and saw it was mirrors!

 



ABCDsLastPlace



The inventive Amy got the look by painting the wall Black (from Benjamin Moore’s Aura line) and then have mirrors custom cut to mimic a window from an old apt. With the help of a laser level and mirror mastic she got a jaw dropping look!

 



I was sad to hear that Amy is no longer in that apt, but now that her plans are finalized to stay in NYC I’m excited to see what new apt she takes on.

 



Not only is Amy super talented in interior design, but her career now is in bespoke stationary and it is truly stunning as well. I want to get married all over again just to have her do my invites.

 



You can check out her work here.

 



* Apparently I wasn’t the only one impressed. Her mirror wall was also featured on Apartment Therapy. Big congrats to Amy!

 



Images via ABCD DESIGN

Labels:

20 Comments:

Blogger Tammy@InStitches said...

I thought it was pretty fantastic too !

April 23, 2010 at 6:41 PM  
Blogger Hamptontoes said...

I have not seen that image before, it's fabulous!

April 23, 2010 at 6:47 PM  
Blogger Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

amazing!!! it's great to see how inventive some people are
HAve a lovely weekend xoxo

April 23, 2010 at 8:04 PM  
Blogger Le said...

it does look fab - and very acheivable too - best le

April 23, 2010 at 9:57 PM  
Blogger Elisa @ What the Vita said...

As soon as I saw that picture, I immediately showed it to my husband and we loved it. We were looking for an idea for our exercise room, and this may be it! One wall teal, with the mirrors, and other walls light gray. Thanks!

April 23, 2010 at 10:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

bananas.

April 23, 2010 at 10:17 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Ohhh, that is so so so very cool. If I didn't have kids I would totally copy that mirror wall. But since I have kids, it will have to wait until they outgrow their love of smearing fingerprints all over this house. :)

April 24, 2010 at 3:51 AM  
Blogger My Galveston Cottage said...

What a fabulous apartment and even more wonderful idea!!! Thanks for sharing it. It's a keeper for me.

April 24, 2010 at 9:05 AM  
Blogger Kalee said...

Wow, how I would love to call that incredible space home!

April 24, 2010 at 9:35 AM  
Blogger Janell @ House of Fifty said...

That is a stunning way to treat a wall...amazing! Janell

April 24, 2010 at 10:03 AM  
Blogger Vær våken said...

I love the mirror wall and the art on the wall is so gorgeous!! Happy Saturday!

xo's Kristin

April 24, 2010 at 12:50 PM  
Blogger Chic Coles said...

What a creative idea! It looks amazing. Can't wait to see what she does with her new place!

April 24, 2010 at 1:40 PM  
Blogger Scientific Housewife said...

That is so cool, I love it!

April 24, 2010 at 5:10 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That wall is breathtaking! Have a great week!

April 25, 2010 at 10:17 AM  
Blogger deliciously organized said...

wow! love what the mirrors do here! beautiful!

April 26, 2010 at 12:10 AM  
Blogger Pemberley said...

That mirror wall is awesome!! Well done.

April 26, 2010 at 10:18 AM  
Anonymous Bailey@ peppermintbliss said...

that is AMAZING, I knew it was a mirror but had no idea how she executed it. I am definitely using this idea in our home!

April 26, 2010 at 10:55 AM  
Blogger shi(f)t said...

that stopped me in my tracks--love it!

April 26, 2010 at 8:40 PM  
Anonymous Wedding registry said...

Congratulations! Her house is definitely beautiful.

April 28, 2010 at 7:31 AM  
Anonymous ABC Dragoo said...

For heaven sakes lady! I am totally blushing -- so sorry I am ultra late to the party and here I am the one being honored!

Thank you SO much for the kind post about my work and the sweet words. I really appreciate it.

xoxABCD

June 2, 2010 at 7:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home