Friday, April 23, 2010

Designer Spotlight: Hamilton Design

I stumbled upon designer Ellen Hamilton work a couple of days when searching for an image on google.

 



I always love when one click of the mouse leads to another that leads to another, etc.

 



I had to share my latest fascination with you all. You know how I love a good dose color well Ellen and her team go above and beyond with their use of color.

 



Here is Ellen. Don’t you just want to run out and grab a cup of coffee with her?



Ellen_Hamilton 



The team went with a neutral wall in this room, but doesn’t mean they were color shy. Look at the pops of zebra on the walls, suzani on the sofa and bursts of green all throughout.



hamiltonlivingroom 



Here is the opposite side of the room. I love, love, love this gallery wall. It looks like a great collection that has evolved over time and just placed organically on the walls.



hamiltonartgallerywall

 



I lovely dose of Kate Spade green!



hamiltongreenlivingroom



This is actually the image that lead me to find Ellen. Be still my heart with that China Seas AGA covered sofa!



hamiltonagosofa 



I told you they weren’t shy with color. Check out this bright sunny room with orange window treatments!



hamiltondiningroom 



I would take this closet/dressing room in a heartbeat.



hamiltoncloset 

While they are based in Brooklyn and do a great amount of city work they also venture out to the country/beach.

 

hamiltonbeachhouse



Loving this dining room. Those striped chairs just sing to me!

 



hamiltonbeachdiningroom 



Don’t you just love the three globes over the island?



hamiltonbeachkitchen



I just love seeing how a design team can go from producing rooms that use every color in a crayon box to using neutrals and classic to produce serene rooms.

 



You can check out more of their work here.

 



Images are via Hamilton Design Associates

Labels:

15 Comments:

Blogger Alaina @ Live Creating Yourself said...

Wow - yes! Love everything about these images!! Especially the first two. Great use of color.

Alaina

April 23, 2010 at 11:23 AM  
Blogger Nikki said...

Can you give me her number so I can go live with her?

April 23, 2010 at 11:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gooood find! I can't decide if I like the city house or beach house more, but that Aga sofa might just send the city house over the edge.

April 23, 2010 at 11:32 AM  
Blogger Design Esquire said...

Are you serious? Both spaces are beyond fabulous!

April 23, 2010 at 11:36 AM  
Blogger Bungalow Home said...

If those images don't sing of spring I don't know what does. and those three globe light fixtures--I would spend hours pulling my hair out trying to place them oh so perfectly--and perfectly placed they are!

April 23, 2010 at 11:36 AM  
Anonymous Lauren said...

having a hard time picking out a favorite, but that yellow dining room is so sunny and lovely. I'd love to have a meal there!

April 23, 2010 at 12:38 PM  
Blogger LindsB said...

all that color- yes please!! I love all of this- great find!

April 23, 2010 at 1:25 PM  
Blogger Kelle Dame said...

I love these images! My husband would love those globe lights! So unique. Great find!Very happily following :)

April 23, 2010 at 1:50 PM  
Blogger Chic Coles said...

The beachy rooms are gorgeous!

April 23, 2010 at 3:40 PM  
Blogger MFAMB said...

ooooo delicious!! like a modern david hicks with a side of girly glamour...
and isn't that our suzani fabric on the sofa??

April 23, 2010 at 4:31 PM  
Blogger LiveLikeYou said...

Great fun colorful designs right up my alley

April 23, 2010 at 7:01 PM  
Blogger sara said...

Those stripped chairs? Gorgeous! Love this post!

April 23, 2010 at 10:58 PM  
Blogger Haven and Home said...

Those globes are so great!

April 24, 2010 at 7:08 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow these photos are amazing! So inspiring! Do you know where that round white coffee table is from in the living room of the city house? I want it!

April 25, 2010 at 12:51 PM  
Blogger Debbie@Vintage Scout Interiors said...

So gutsy! and works so well. Kudos.

April 26, 2010 at 8:06 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home