Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Aesthetic Oiseau: Shop Girl

Hi All,

Today post is from one of my newer blogger friends and I'm so happy that I "met" her. I totally feel in love with her blog from the second I laid eyes on it. Hello it was ORANGE! To top it off she shares her name with my little sister so I knew we would be pals right away. I love what Daniela is sharing with you today! I hope you enjoy!

xo,

Camila

___________________________________________________


Hi everyone! I'm Daniela from Aesthetic Oiseau and I'm thrilled to be guest blogging for Camila, one of my own favorite bloggers! Since Camila always gives us the inside scoop on the best finds, I thought I would share with you, her lovely readers, one of my own favorite online shops.

I'm a devotee of bamboo motifs...especially of the brass variety. I have a hand-me-down brass bamboo bar cart in my dining room from my mother-in-law and I think it might be one of my absolute favorite pieces. If you love these chic Chinoiserie pieces as much as I do, you will LOVE the online shop Mermaid Hut.

I think MH is the purveyor of (relatively) affordable brass bamboo goodness...feast your eyes on these lovelies:







In the right space, this would be a gorgeous cocktail/coffee table. I would love to see its height accentuated with a stack of design books...and when the girls are over for a cocktail, the tray-top is removable so you can serve your drinks in style - Golden Bamboo Butler Table/Tray











This piece would be at the top of my list for a mini bar. I love the size and octagonal shape...it would be fab piled up with your favorite bottles, glasses, a decanter and some fresh flowers - Golden Bamboo Two Tier Table











I'd love to see these tables sprinkled throughout a room to tie it together - Golden Bamboo Antiqued Mirror Tables



















These wall shelves (they come in a set of 2!) are my current obsession...I've been drooling over these on a daily basis...I'd use them on either side of a mirror (perhaps over my fireplace...hmmm). All I know is I need them - Golden Bamboo Antiqued Mirror Triple Shelf

















I received these wall shelves as a Christmas gift and am thrilled with them - they are beautiful in person and so elegant - Golden Bamboo Small Wall Shelf (another set of 2)








And at last...the piece de resistance...my ultimate bamboo brass fantasy! This stunner would be breathtaking anywhere you put it...could you imagine two of these towers, say, flanking a doorway? Oh my - Golden Bamboo Five-Shelf Tower







MH is for the most part a "coastal decor" shop (hence the Mermaid bit, so if your look is nautical, you'll be in heaven), but I've found it to be a sleeper source for Chinsoiserie pieces and really chic accessories - I hope you'll have fun checking it out!







Thanks for the chance to blog for you Camila...hope you're enjoying your trip!!

Labels: ,

19 Comments:

Blogger Cashon&Co said...

great post! i've had the two-tiered table shown here for a couple of years now and I love it! I removed the bottom tray and use it separately. First time here on your blog and it's great!

May 18, 2010 at 8:46 AM  
Blogger LindsB said...

all that bamboo makes me giddy- I need some in my house asap!

May 18, 2010 at 8:50 AM  
Blogger Flavia @ Estilo Home said...

What an AMAZING resource! Thanks for sharing!

May 18, 2010 at 9:11 AM  
Blogger Tammy@InStitches said...

Gorgeous, I'm sold !

May 18, 2010 at 9:11 AM  
Blogger Janell @ House of Fifty said...

Seriously, these items are beyond fantastic!!! Thanks for sharing this resource, I suspect I will be using them very soon!

May 18, 2010 at 9:23 AM  
Blogger Hello Lover... said...

What a fabulous find! I've been scouring craigslist recently for some brass bamboo pieces - Love this!

May 18, 2010 at 9:43 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

I'm loving every single one of these!

May 18, 2010 at 10:02 AM  
Blogger A Perfect Gray said...

great post...

May 18, 2010 at 10:05 AM  
Anonymous Bailey@ peppermintbliss said...

WHAT a great resource...had never heard of it...am heading there now!

May 18, 2010 at 10:39 AM  
Blogger alison giese Interiors said...

Ooohh...that etagere is amazing!

May 18, 2010 at 11:20 AM  
Anonymous Jules said...

Fabulous post. Those wall shelves! Mercy. This is a great resource--thanks for the heads up!

May 18, 2010 at 11:54 AM  
Blogger Marija said...

This is an amazing source...thank you for sharing! Totally enjoyed this post and now I'm off to check out this site after I check out your blog, Daneila!

May 18, 2010 at 11:58 AM  
Blogger Blog said...

oh my! i love all of these pieces!

thank you for this post!!

May 18, 2010 at 12:59 PM  
Blogger Averill said...

Great tip Daniela. I just bought a pair of their pagoda hurricane lanterns and I love them -- I'll admit though I did spray paint them (maybe Camila has gotten to me!) a nice bronze to suit my bathroom.

May 18, 2010 at 7:22 PM  
Anonymous walrus studio said...

I ♥ the newsprint as a backdrop. Works well with the metallic bamboo.

May 19, 2010 at 1:21 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

i love that last shelf! what a great resource.

May 19, 2010 at 8:07 AM  
Blogger Aesthetic Oiseau said...

So glad everyone liked the tip!

May 19, 2010 at 9:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, what a coincidence! I'm going to have a giveaway of that exact two-tier table on my blog starting this Friday! I absolutely love it and want it for myself!

May 19, 2010 at 12:17 PM  
Blogger Rebecca and Lori said...

Looks like I'm late to the party, but I adore these bamboo pieces!

October 10, 2012 at 12:10 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home