Saturday, May 15, 2010

Fabulous Doodles: Favorite Etsy Shops

Hi All,

Brooke is a friend of a friend that eventually became just a great old friend. Her background is in fashion, she always has me laughing and she is constantly bumping into all of sorts of celebs in NYC. Totally makes me jealous that the famous people don't hang out in the suburbs. :)

Enjoy!

Camila

PS: Don't forget to enter the Homegoods Give-away!">Homegoods Give-away!
________________________________________________________


I'd like to start by thanking Camila for asking me to do a guest post. I'm so honored to be here! I'm Brooke from Fabulous Doodles and I live in a cozy studio in Manhattan. The reason I mention where I live is that because living in a small space I've decorated most my apartment and the accessories in my apartment in neutrals and whites, with silver accents. This color palette has many advantages; it creates a feeling of open airiness making my little apartment appear more spacious, while still being chic and cosy by layering different textures and finishes.

I thought I would share some Etsy finds with you that fit into my current neutral palette. Etsy is always my first stop when starting to search for a new product. I'm an artist and etsy seller so I love to support other artists and try to buy handmade whenever possible.
My first find is a pure silk zebra print pillow from Be Still Shop. Zebra is such a fashionable staple, however can be intimidating and little too bold in the classic black and white combo, so this is the perfect compromise. Be Still Shop has such a fantastic array of silk pillows, if this one doesn't call to you I'm sure one of the others will.
This is a memo board I actually purchased from Etsy seller Ekohdesign that just arrived yesterday! Is this to die for adorable or what! The steel background compliments the silvers, white and creams of my apartment perfectly. And with the silhouettes of classic furniture and home accessories printed on it, its so unique and whimsical. Photographed on it are the newest additions to my Etsy shop, fashion magnets. You can check those out in my shop, Brooklit here. (Even if you don't have a metal memo board like this one, why not add some fun to your fridge?)
This next item may seem a little odd. It's such a pet peeve of mine to go over someone's beautifully decorated home and see cardboard kleenex boxes sitting around! Cover up those tissues. There are so many chic options out there, like these lovely linen tissue box covers by Pilosale. I love how the white tissues look ruffling out of the beige linen.
I think everyone should have their house or apartment number displayed beautifully for visitors or passers by. Its the first impression people get of your home, it should be a good one! Decals are such an easy and effortless way to make an impact. This fancy (and inexpensive, only $10) one is from the Picadilly Peddler. (Great shop name too! Don't you think.) It gives the appearance of being hand painted, which is a lovely touch.
And last but not least is this adorable ceramic bird cake stand. Whitney Smith pottery has been on my wish list for years now, and this cake stand is definitely one of my favorites from her collection. The smooth white glaze would not only match my neutral apartment but would be the perfect base for favorite treat, red velvet cake!

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Anonymous Jules said...

Great find! I love the tissue box covers and the decals. In fact, those just went on my "buy one day" list. :)

May 15, 2010 at 3:28 PM  
Blogger Hopeless Chest said...

Wow, some really neat items there. I will have to check them out. The first two are my faves.

May 15, 2010 at 3:29 PM  
Blogger Brooke Hagel said...

Thanks gals! You could even DIY similar tissue box covers. It would be an easy little sewing, or stitch witchery project. . . I know Cam's readers are big on DIYs! ;)

May 15, 2010 at 7:00 PM  
Blogger Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

great post, I love Brooke's work!
the cake stand is adorable!!

May 15, 2010 at 7:31 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Boy, I love your taste. I don't see a thing I wouldn't love for my house in the burbs.

Cheers,
Laura

May 15, 2010 at 7:51 PM  
Blogger pve design said...

do you have an etsy shop camila?
I have an etsy addiction....and I am proud of it.
pve

May 16, 2010 at 7:22 AM  
Blogger Petit Coterie said...

Just found your blog and thank you for sharing some of your favorite Etsy shops. Love all of them.

Michelle

May 16, 2010 at 11:04 AM  
Blogger burlap+blue said...

LOVE Whitney Smith's pottery...so classic and lovely! Also adore the front door numbers--so need some for myself!
I agree about going to Etsy first when I need something--I love supporting handmade whenever possible!

May 16, 2010 at 11:57 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home