Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Open House: Julie W.

I can’t tell you how much I’m loving this new series. It’s so much fun to see what all of you are doing in your homes. I love that many of your designs/diy projects are inspired by blogs! It’s fun to see bloggers suggestions come to life.

 



Today we are going to be taking a peek into reader, Julie W’s house.

 



First off is her basement bedroom. She recently tackled this project so that Mom and Dad would have a place a crash. I think she needs to tell Mom & Dad to move over, because I want to visit!

 



Julie went with the popular grey/yellow combo and I must say she hit it out of the part.



openhousejulie

Julie used existing items that she had around the house to piece this room together.

 



Take a peek at the other side of the room:

 



openhousejulie2



Highlights of the room:



-Lamps painted in yellow!


-Caning fabric for headboard and toss pillows. Similar fabric available here.


-Artwork! Prints where from this book and frames from Walmart.

 



* I use Canopy frames from Walmart in most of my projects. When you order them online you get a special price on packs of 4 and they come with matting and in normal sizes unlike IKEA. I love them.

 



Moving along upstairs Julie gave us another peek into an additional guest room. I suppose I could stay here if Mom & Dad are visiting at the same time. :)

 



In this room we have another take on grey & yellow, but with the additional of blue as an accent instead of black.



openhousejulie3



Highlights of the room:



- Chic & Inexpensive artwork. Julie had seen the exact artwork at Zgallerie for $60. Always one to look for a budget option she found them at Art.com and purchased prints for 12.99 each. Then she used some Ribba frames from IKEA and made her own version for much less.

 



-Julie’s bedding is the ever popular pin tuck from West Elm. I found a great look for less last week at Century 21. They had it white and cream. F/Q size for a duvet cover and two shams was $69.99.

 



lookalikepintuck



Lastly Julie invited us in to take a peek at her little girls room:

 



openhousejulie4 

What a lucky girl  she gets to have two lucite chairs!

openhousejulie5



Highlights:

 



-She made the headbord from a kit available at Foam For You (source found by Janell)

 



-Barbie Calendar was used for the chic artwork, which I’m loving!

 



-Cornice made from Jenny’s tutorial at LGN.

 



-Also totally in love with the geometric fabric on the toss pillows and benches.

 



Pure love for this room!

 



A big thanks to Julie for sharing her home. If you would like your home considered for this series email me at cpavone0107@gmail.com

Labels:

27 Comments:

Anonymous Stephanie said...

I am in love with that little girl's room! So much I want to live in it as an adult.

July 21, 2010 at 8:37 AM  
Blogger Erika Ward said...

You have such a beautiful home, Julie. Thanks for the feature Camila!

July 21, 2010 at 8:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my, what great style. I wish I could have had a little girl's room like that growing up! Her daughter must be the envy of all her friends.

July 21, 2010 at 8:50 AM  
Blogger On the Glam said...

OK, my home decor is officially inadequate...

July 21, 2010 at 9:02 AM  
Blogger Dumbwit Tellher said...

Jubilant for Julies home! Truly fun & great inspiration for us all. Love the mix of patterns, great art (& budget minded to boot. Thank for sharing Julie ~ deb

July 21, 2010 at 9:23 AM  
Blogger Kate said...

Those rooms are all beautiful. I love the green pillows and yellow lamps in the guest bedroom, they really make the space feel "fresh." And don't get me started on the master bedroom - that chair = LOVE! And the girl's room is adorable. I love everything about it. It's just perfect.

July 21, 2010 at 9:30 AM  
Blogger Flavia @ Estilo Home said...

All of these rooms are so gorgeous! I especially like that they were on budget. Great job, Julie!

July 21, 2010 at 9:37 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

i love this series too! i like peeking iinto other peoples homes

July 21, 2010 at 9:48 AM  
Blogger Jade @ Flip Flops + Pearls Design said...

All great rooms! Love beauty on a budget!

July 21, 2010 at 9:49 AM  
Blogger Stephanie Sabbe said...

that last room is adorable!

July 21, 2010 at 9:52 AM  
Blogger Beth McC. said...

Love this post! I got tons of ideas!! I will be doing that monogram above the bed, love it!!

July 21, 2010 at 9:55 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This is helping me so much. My daughter is moving to NYC in a week, and we will be dressing up her new apartment on the cheap - great ideas!

Cheers,
Laura

July 21, 2010 at 10:09 AM  
Anonymous Bailey@ peppermintbliss said...

The Snoopdog in my loves this series as well!

July 21, 2010 at 11:05 AM  
Blogger liz @ bon temps beignet said...

Love the monogram on the wall and the drum shade. Are those Ikea curtains?

July 21, 2010 at 11:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the yellow lamps.

July 21, 2010 at 12:15 PM  
Blogger jisabird said...

Wow, she did a great job. Mom and Dad must be loving it.

I also like her idea of using the Barbie calendar as art work. Great idea!

Cheers!
J.

July 21, 2010 at 1:30 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

So cute - love the little lucite chairs!

July 21, 2010 at 2:33 PM  
Blogger Anna Whiston-Donaldson said...

Wonderful! What a gorgeous home. I love it!

July 21, 2010 at 3:01 PM  
Blogger Marivic said...

Absolutely fun reading so many creative designs/diy projects inspired by the blog world. And you my dear are one of them! Thank You for this great post! XOXO

July 21, 2010 at 3:06 PM  
Blogger Myndi Easter said...

I love the monogram on the wall. Where did she find that?

July 21, 2010 at 4:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you Camila for featuring my home! Thank you for all of the kind words as well! I basically stalk all of you wonderful bloggers for ideas--and truly appreciate them. Yes, the curtains are from Ikea!

Julie Wigal

July 21, 2010 at 4:13 PM  
Blogger Lissa Pierce said...

What a great series! I love seeing other peoples homes. So much so that I look at people's decor while driving through the neighborhood...I know creepy :)
Julie has a beautiful home! I love the 2nd guest bedroom the best...very colorful yet serene.

July 21, 2010 at 4:45 PM  
Blogger LiveLikeYou said...

Adorable rooms! Great color schemes, clever inexpensive buys. Love the yellow.

July 21, 2010 at 4:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Myndi,

The monogram is from etsy--

http://www.etsy.com/listing/51357424/personalized-custom-monogram-boxed

Thanks,
Julie

July 21, 2010 at 7:03 PM  
Blogger jenna ♥ a little blue said...

looks great! i have been debating on that very west elm duvet cover for quite awhile ~ looks beautiful and cozy :)

July 22, 2010 at 1:08 AM  
Anonymous laura said...

Julie, this is wonderful! I felt like I was looking into my daughter's future room ... I'm contemplating using that great floral fabric your used ... it looks great! I'm wondering, though, the name or source for the cool blue pattern that you put with it. Could you share?

July 22, 2010 at 2:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Laura

The aqua fabric is called lock splash--I think duralee makes it. I purchased it from calico corners. It is no longer on their site, but you may be able to get it by calling a store.

July 23, 2010 at 5:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home