Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Snap Shots from Whirlwind week...

Hi loves,

So sorry there was no blog post yesterday. I've been going, going, going all week and I totally ran out of hours in the day. I'm actually running behind this morning. I have go get ready and head into the city again for another event! Don't worry all will be back to normal by tomorrow.

Of course I tried being a good blogger and taking looks of snap shots, but I wasn't always camera ready. I just had too many things in my hand to go looking for my camera, but don't worry I will have more pics soon. I was after all with a group of bloggers who never go anywhere without them.

Monday evening was fun! To be honest I was exhausted and really didn't feel like making a trek into the city, but I wanted to see my blogger friends so I put on a dress and headed out the door.

The Rue Magazine launch party was held at the NYDC in the Century Furniture showroom. Beautiful showroom I was so afraid that my purse was going to knock into something.

I found these beautiful ladies sitting on a lovely sofa so of course I had to say hello and take a picture!



For those of you that don't know those lovely ladies are Cassandra from Coco & Kelley and Erin from Apartment 34. I've loved them online for 2 years now love them even more in person. Both so sweet and Sincere!

It was hard to get a picture of the Rue ladies since they were the stars of the party, but I did get an opportunity to snap a quick shot of them.



Best part of the night had to be hanging out with Marianne whom I love and adore and we've been blog friends for about 2 years now. It was the first time we actually got to meet up and I'm going to so sad to see her go. Marianne bought her dad with her and she is the sweetest man. Now I know where Marianne gets it from. He made sure to take pictures the entire night so I will have more pictures of the event soon.

Tuesday was the Nate Show taping. Here are some snaps of the audience:



There were 90 design bloggers in the audience:



They didn't mention it on air ONCE!!!! I hate to bash anyone, but I thought it was weird that the production dept didn't do more with the whole design blogger audience theme. I just figured the whole show would be about that..

To read what I really thought of the taping read these ladies lovely reviews. Please read here and here. They totally said it best!

The one really nice part of the event was that Nate stayed after and answered some questions from the audience:



The taping didn't end till 5 so I needed race out there with my pal Sarah from The Nest to arrive at the after party venue before our guests.

Our guests got emailed this amazing e-vite designed by Carolynn of Two Brunettes



We were luckily enough to be working with The Collective restaurant whose decor was uber chic. It was decorated with found objects and every where you walked you were constantly doing a double take.

Here is a peek into their dining area:



The ladies from The Nest were an absolute dream to work with. I fell in love with each and every person from their team. I seriously had the best time and I think my design point of view and The Nest values go hand in hand so it was a perfect marriage. Now I just need to figure out another way I can stay involved with these lovely gals so I can continue my constant all day email sessions with them. Many kisses and thanks to Jacalyn (their PR wiz) and Sarah (lifestyle editor). I swear I have new friends for life.

We had an amazing photographer at the event. I fell in love with Trent Bailey's work the section I laid my eyes on it. Please go spend an hour or two on his newly designed site and check it out. Can't wait to see his pictures of the event.

A fun part of the party was that there were 3 different bar carts and a bunch of bar cart fixings. You could then go by yourself or with a group of bloggers and style one. Trent was taking pictures of the finished carts and they will be featured on The Nest. They are going to run a contest and the winning bar cart will be featured in an issue of The Nest magazine!

I worked on one with Linds and Carlee



Marianne and I in our brightly colored outfits for the taping:

I felt very pink in my outfit, but they wanted bright to went bright baby! Did you notice the fretwork design in the dress?

Plus I had a to get a shot with all of my favorite pals:

Marianne, Linds, Stephanie, me!, and Carlee

The party was a hit and I got to have all of my favorite bloggers in one place!!!!

Now I'm off to get ready for my event at the NYDC! If you are in the area I will be there from 4-5 today on the 4th floor. Stop by and say hello!

Labels:

26 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

ooowhhh how great!!!!!!! LOVED this post, and OMG Nate looks adorbs!

September 22, 2010 at 11:21 AM  
Anonymous Jacalyn said...

Thank you so much for bringing this event opportunity to The Nest!!!!! We love you and can't wait for our next event.

XOXO

Jacalyn & The Nest

September 22, 2010 at 11:32 AM  
Anonymous Alaina Kaczmarski said...

Such a wonderful party last night, Camila! Thanks for taking all the time and energy to put that together. And thank you for coming out to the Rue launch party!

Alaina

September 22, 2010 at 11:35 AM  
Blogger Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

looks amazing, a bit jealous I must admit :)
maybe next time xo

September 22, 2010 at 11:40 AM  
Blogger Megan // Honey We're Home said...

You look GORG! I've been dying for a peek into the week's events so thanks for sharing. It looks like it was a blast. I'm off to read those two reviews/write ups you mentioned. And that invite is so pretty!

September 22, 2010 at 11:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

amazing! so jealy! can you do some events out in la please..like immediately...thanks.:)

September 22, 2010 at 11:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I taped the show yesterday and thought it was very strange they didn't mention the audience was full of bloggers - even though they had the girl from 365 Dresses as a guest! I think they missed a really great opportunity to discuss the impact of blogs -particularly in home design!

September 22, 2010 at 12:41 PM  
Anonymous Kate Collins Interiors said...

Sounds like such a cool week. I was so bummed to have missed out on everything by leaving new york a couple days too early. I wish we had the chance to meet. Love hearing the updates!

September 22, 2010 at 12:52 PM  
Blogger Stephanie Sabbe said...

So much fun! You did such a great job and it was wonderful to finally meet you in person!!!

September 22, 2010 at 1:01 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

I can't believe that they didn't mention that all of the design bloggers were in the audience! Now they really need to do a show where they focus entirely on some of the most popular design blogs. I'd love to watch that.

September 22, 2010 at 1:59 PM  
Blogger Apt. #34 said...

such a fun trip and so fabulous to meet you in person! Hope Nate and the rest ws just as good :)

September 22, 2010 at 2:04 PM  
Blogger Sketch42 said...

Thanks for the link! I am so tired I dont know if I can make it today... last night I had to run home to my daughter, Im sorry we didnt get to meet!

September 22, 2010 at 2:29 PM  
Blogger Marivic said...

You look so fabulous Camila! Glad you had a wonderful night and get to meet all the lovely bloggers!

September 22, 2010 at 2:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

FYI - I keep getting a warning when I open up your blog - "Warning: This site may be unsafe to your computer". Thought you should know...

September 22, 2010 at 3:33 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Oh i wish you could have met with all you girlies!!!

you all look gorgeous!!
xoxoxox

ps- highpoint in oct??

September 22, 2010 at 5:07 PM  
Anonymous Stylebeat said...

How fun! Would love to meet you-- I could not attend all the festivities yesterday at 200 Lex. How was it?

September 23, 2010 at 8:09 AM  
Blogger Scientific Housewife said...

How fun! You are busy and going to some fabulous events!

September 23, 2010 at 9:44 AM  
Blogger LindsB said...

I had so much fun on Tuesday!! It was so amazing to FINALLY meet you in person, even though I feel like we have known each other FOREVER! Lets do it again soon please!!

September 23, 2010 at 11:53 AM  
Blogger Katie @ Noodle and Boof said...

How fun y'all all got to meet and hang out! I love Nate.

September 23, 2010 at 2:56 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Everything looks fabulous!!

September 23, 2010 at 8:36 PM  
Blogger Kwana said...

Thank you so much for hosting a wonderful event. I had the best time!

September 23, 2010 at 8:53 PM  
Blogger Cristin // Simplified Bee said...

you look darling! going to link to this post - hope that's okay.

xo,
cristin

September 23, 2010 at 10:04 PM  
Blogger Whatever Dee-Dee wants said...

What a fun event! I am quite jealous :)

September 24, 2010 at 9:36 AM  
Blogger Crystal @ Plush Palate said...

It was SO wonderful to finally meet you in person! Thanks so much for coming out to the Rue launch party! Your support means the world! xo, Crystal

September 26, 2010 at 11:46 PM  
Blogger la la Lovely said...

Hi ... no worries... we will have to meet next time... i know there was lot of people i would have liked to have met. Next time we all need t-shirts with our name & blog name. haha. It was fun time, though!
xo trina

September 27, 2010 at 12:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I caught a promo for Monday's Nate Berkus show (the blogger show you attended), and there were two great shots of you in that promo. I wanted to let you know (in case you didn't know already) so you had time to possibly catch it for yourself.

October 2, 2010 at 11:23 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home