Monday, September 20, 2010

Weekend Recap: Frankie Says Relax

Hi Loves,

Hope you all had a great weekend. The weather in NY was amazing this weekend. We were in the mid 70s and we decided it was time to have a little fun.

Jon has been taking classes and jumping to become certified in sky diving. On Saturday he was doing his final jump with an instructor so we all went to support him!



Some of us went to just support and others went to....JUMP!

(Ximena decided today was the day to jump so she went for it along with Jon's pal Steve.)


Supportive wife and her Rocketter :


Everyone came up and down in one piece:


We then hit the vineyards. You all know my mom loves the vino!



The men had some cigars:


Ximena had to have a little fun with the cigars as well:



We then tried to take some staged candid shots of us walking thru the grapes:



They quickly turned to silly shots:

Then we got a little sillier:




To the silliest shots of Jon and Steve holding hands thru the grapes. So sweet. :)



Empty glasses mean time to leave the vineyards:



On our way home from the vineyards we stopped at a family members summer home. Ximena had a bunch of fun on their dock.


It was a great day. We got home exhausted, but totally happy.

Sunday was a different story. After all of that relaxation the day before it was time for work, work and more work. While Jon worked on the lawn, I had my wallpaper installer working on one of our ceilings and I was busy trying to empty out my in-box.

As some of you may know this coming Tuesday a bunch of my favorite design bloggers are heading into the city to catch a taping of the Nate Berkus show! I decided to host a little cocktail party for afterwards and I was lucky enough to get help from the ladies of The Nest!


A sampling of their chic magazine covers:

Bloggers Sherry & John from Young House Love:



Bloggers Layla & Kevin from The Lettered Cottage:





Don't you think they need a Camila & Jon cover? (wink, wink Nest editors)

The rest of the day was spent in turbo finishing little projects all through out to get this house to get it ready in case of some of my out of town blogger friends decide to stop by!

What were you up to? Anyone been bitten by the sky diving bug like Jon?

Labels:

13 Comments:

Blogger Francine Gardner said...

What a fun week end. Never skydived but used to fly (in my much younger days...) still remember my first solo flight..

September 20, 2010 at 6:43 AM  
Blogger Ms. Bright said...

Sounds like a very fun weekend. I especially love the vineyard photoshoot!

Have a wonderful time at Nate's show! So jealous!!

September 20, 2010 at 6:51 AM  
Blogger LindsB said...

looks like such a fun weekend! whats even more exciting is I GET TO MEET YOU TOMORROW, FINALLY!!!

YEAH!! Cant wait!


PS- I'll be the girl in black probally, since I am having a hard time finding something bright and cute haha

September 20, 2010 at 9:35 AM  
Blogger Hello Lover... said...

Can't wait to attend the taping tomorrow - hopefully I get the chance to meet you - I'd love to attend the get together as well!

http://helloloverofbeautifulthings.blogspot.com/

September 20, 2010 at 9:41 AM  
Blogger debra @ 5th and state said...

camilla, what a wonderful weekend and you are about to have a "float on air" week yourself!

tell jon to keep going. not only did i used to skydive (498 jumps; you have to keep a log) but turned semi pro jumping into exhibitions with miller beer.

you should really try it! nothing, nothing, compares or gives such exhilaration,freedom, a sense of accomplishment and a sense of living life to it's fullest.

thanks again for your nate ticket miracle, sorry i can't come but will live via you and your posts
xo
debra

September 20, 2010 at 11:34 AM  
Blogger Connie @ SogniESorrisi said...

Sounds like a blast but I could never, ever skydive!

September 20, 2010 at 12:11 PM  
Blogger diane@onlinefabricstore said...

chihuahuas seem to be the de rigeuer accessory on those magazine covers. Everyone seems to have one so I am feeling pretty chic since my little Penelope falls into that category. have fun at Nate Berkus...I know it's a sin but I am SO envious!

September 20, 2010 at 12:38 PM  
Blogger A Few of My Favorite Things said...

Your weekend looks like it was a total blast! And I'm sure tomorrow will be amazing too. I am so jealous of all of you attending the taping. Have fun and I can't wait to read your recap!

September 20, 2010 at 12:40 PM  
Blogger Jami - XOimagine said...

Awww! Looks like a fun-filled and packed weekend! Thanks again for Guest Blogging me today! I love what home means to you! Very special :)

xo - jami
i m a g i n e

September 20, 2010 at 1:14 PM  
Blogger Teresa said...

totally unrelated to this post...did you know that there is another blog with a similar name:
http://highheeledfootinthedoor.blogspot.com/

September 20, 2010 at 1:17 PM  
Blogger MandeeFoFandee said...

looks like you had a great weekend! my husband was bitten by the skydiving bug when I bought him a session for our first anniversary back in August. now he's obsessed and he doesn't ever stop talking about it!

September 20, 2010 at 4:58 PM  
Blogger jenna ♥ a little blue said...

great pics! skydiving is a blast :)

September 21, 2010 at 2:28 PM  
Anonymous Dreamy Nest? {not!}* said...

I did a tandem jump for the first time in May and fell in love with it. I just wish I had more time/$$ to devote to it. It was soooooooo much fun. The pic and video are on my blog. It was the BEST!

September 21, 2010 at 7:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home