Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Fountain of Youth

Forever Young by shopping at Forever 21.

Who doesn't love this store. It's always been my go-to store for trendy items, but in the last couple of months I have started to try not shop as frequently and save a bit and spend a little a lot more more money and get better quality items, but truth be told I find it shocking to spending $200 on a shirt, skirt etc so I always head out to Nordstrom Rack, Century 21 or Off 5th Ave to try and get designer deals.

I still leave Forever 21 in the mix, because I always find something there that is a must have. Most of my costume jewelry is from there and no one ever knows. Also while I have some fancy designer jeans in my closet they rarely make an appearance, because I'm constantly in my Forever 21 finds. They make the best jeans! On Christmas Eve I actually made a quick jaunt into Forever 21 and came out with an amazing pair of skinny jeans for $12.99!!!




I guess it's all about the way you present yourself, because I always get numerous compliments on my finds. People are shocked when I let them in on my little secret as to where the items are from. Lately I've started to respond that items are from a, "little boutique in the city" in order to keep the mystery of it all going.

So with the new year ahead of us I always wonder if this is a year that I can still continue shopping at Forever 21. I've recently hit 27 and keep wondering when I will stop shopping there. Oh well hopefully I'll get away with it for another year.


Where are your go to places for steals and deals? Let me in on your "little boutiques in the city."

9 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

How funny! I have those same jeans and love them! I was surprised by how nice the denim is. They could easily pass for $100 jeans. I'm the same age as you and don't plan to stop shopping at Forever 21 any time soon. I think it's all about mixing the stuff from there with nicer, higher quality pieces. Also, you have to be really selective about what you buy there. Some stuff is cute, but it's obvious that it's super cheap because of the quality. I've actually bought some great things there that people always assume came from somewhere else or cost 10 times what I paid. LOL!

Thank you for your comments today! I would love to meet up with you the next time we go to NY. :) Wishing you all the best in the coming year! XOXO

December 31, 2008 at 12:05 PM  
Blogger High-Heeled Foot in the door said...

I'm glad to see that someone else picked up a pair like these as well.

The only time my thrifty ways backfire is when I actually spend $$$ and get some fancy designer item and people look at me and ask if it's from Forever. Geez thanks.

ha ha

December 31, 2008 at 12:49 PM  
Blogger Kwana said...

Oh I'm sure you will be Forever 21 for a long time to come! You're right it's all how you present yourself.

December 31, 2008 at 1:06 PM  
Blogger Shelly Beson said...

OMG, I'm 44 and shopping at F21 I never thought I shouldn't be!

December 31, 2008 at 1:53 PM  
Blogger Elena said...

I love Forever! I just got a cute little ruffly blue silk dress for $29 and one of those open tie front cardigan thingies for $12. Can't beat that. But you've GOT to try on and you've GOT to see it in person. I've toyed with ordering online from them, but in person helps you weed out the yucky fabrics.

@Shelly: that's so funny b/c I was going to say there's a 44 year old lady in my office who totally shops there but won't ever say it if I ask her where something is from. Then I see it in the store later...like I wasn't going to find out. Not a big deal, lady! lol

December 31, 2008 at 3:47 PM  
Blogger Haven and Home said...

Ahh! We are meant to be BFF's. I have these jeans and love them, I always get comments on them, but most people who know me know I go to Forever21. In fact my husband and I have this joke about my love for it b/c one time we were at his firm's party and another spouse made a snide comment about how everything I wear is from there (yes she is a snob)...which is only half way true.

It used to bother me but now I embrace it, I am not made out of money and I love a good deal!

I hope you have a wonderful New Years!!! Cooking sounds good to me, we don't have any big plans either...

December 31, 2008 at 4:49 PM  
Blogger Courtney said...

you never have to apologize for where you shop! I know you always look great and pulled together -- if you know how to mix trendy with classic, you'll be able to shop there for years. It's all about being able to mix it up and you have a great eye.

Happy New Year!

December 31, 2008 at 11:51 PM  
Blogger Chanel Fashionista said...

you can never go wrong with forever! i love your blog, i just started one so check it out some time!
happy new year!

January 1, 2009 at 1:25 AM  
Blogger Chasity @ Haute Mommy Blog said...

I just stumbled upon your blog today and I like it! I am in my older 20's (tee hee) and I still shop at F21, too. I think I bought those same jeans, too!

January 6, 2009 at 4:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home