Monday, December 29, 2008

Give me tiaras and boys in tights any day...

Another one of my all-time favorite movies is.... CENTERSTAGE!



I remember waiting on a very long line for this movie my freshman year of college. The line was well worth it. We all left the theater in love with dance even more and wanting to take some salsa lessons.

While this isn't an Oscar worthy movie by any means it is a fun glimpse into the world of dance. I loved it. Yes the acting is not so hot and the story line is totally cheesy, but it still made it's way into my heart. I could watch it over and over again.

By now you either love my movie taste or think that everything I watch has gotten horrid reviews on Rotten Tomatoes.

To those that enjoy my movie taste then you will be thrilled to read that they came out with a sequel to Center Stage. Center Stage: Turn it up is not going to be in theaters, but it is going to be on TV tonight on Oxygen at 6pm!

So knowing how sequels go this one will probably be horrible, but lets not judge a book by it's cover. I'm going to give it a chance and watch it tonight. These hours better fly by because I can't wait to see what the American Ballet Company is up to.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

BEST MOVIE EVER!! we watch it all the time..

December 29, 2008 at 1:16 PM  
Blogger Sarah's Fab Day said...

I love cheesy movies, this is one of them and I love it! I want to cry I don't have Oxygen. Sucks. Oh well I may just have to break out the Centerstage soundtrack, it was a goody.

December 29, 2008 at 6:06 PM  
Blogger I ♥ You said...

that cooper nielsen is a heartbreaker! i loved the michael jackson finale dance!!

December 29, 2008 at 9:58 PM  
Blogger Haven and Home said...

Oh my gosh!!! I LOVE that movie. We watched it over and over in college. The soundtrack is not too bad either.....

December 30, 2008 at 11:29 AM  
Blogger Lauren said...

I LOVE THAT MOVIE!!! (shocker haha)

December 30, 2008 at 9:05 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

camila!!! my husband just gave me teen witch!! ahh!!! (a Christmas gift that arrived late) you know what we're doing tonight!! haha

December 30, 2008 at 10:51 PM  
Blogger High-Heeled Foot in the door said...

Glad you ladies all enjoy my movie choices.

I DVRd the sequal and I'm sorry to say that I bits I saw were pretty bad, but that's not going to stop me from watching it this coming weekend.

Yay Lauren. Great hubby to get you Teen Witch. One of my favorites. I stil need to get my hands on a copy of Legand of Billie Jean, but I'm finally with the times and signed up for Netflixs so I'll make sure to add it.

Oh also just figured out that there are 3 MECOX locations near me. We must go the next time you are in town.

December 31, 2008 at 10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home