Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Man of Mine Gift Guide



This list took a bit longer than expected. I kept picking out items only to then have my husband tell me that my pick was so 2 years ago. So here is my final version of the Men's gift guide. All have been pre-approved by my hubby so hopefully the man in your life would enjoy them as well.

1. When we moved into our home part of the deal was my husband would get his own room. A man den as some would call it. Our basement has become the man den filled with a huge flat screen and 2 gaming systems. In order to make it more fun and totally his I purchased a Neon Sign for him last Christmas. He loved it. It can be custom made to say whatever you like in whatever color you like. Plus the price won't break the bank.

2. This is the perfect gift for a person that has everything. My husband is dying for pair of these Air Trekkers, but I'm only seeing broken bones. If the man in your life is the life of the party and loves adventure than these Jumping Stilts are for him. These babies will allow him to jump 15 feet high and run 20 miles per hour.

3. Hail to the Queen. If your mate is from across the pond of just loves the hip design of the Union Jack flag then this wallet is the gift this season. Made by designer Ben Sherman in fine black leather along with it's slim fit design is a great gift for the man of the go that considers style in his accessory choices.

4. I heart nerds and I think this watch would make any nerd a happy nerd. Time is displayed graphically from left to right by featuring vertical bars for hours and minutes.

5. This item literally stopped my husband in his tracks on one of our recent outings. My husband is constantly checking the weather in order to see if he'll be able to take out his motorcycle (Yes he had a mid life crisis a bit early in life) or what the weekend is going to look like for his fishing trips. This handy dandy device requires no Internet connection or plug. It gives you a 5 day forecast direct from AccuWeather, provides you with the high and low temps for the day, time and the next 4 days weather. It can be placed on the refrigerator, placed on your bed stand or mounted on a wall.

6. Men and beer always seem to be a popular mix. If you hate the sight of beer caps all over your floor than this is the perfect gift for both you and your male sidekick. This new modern bottle cap remover inspired by the shape of water droplet not only looks sleek in your bar, but it is magnetic and holds on to the beer cap.

7. Survivor Man is one of my husbands all time favorite shows. With the purchase of this Handheld Water Purifier the man in your life could be his own survivor man. This tiny device makes safe drinking water everywhere within 90 seconds. It creates a UV light that disrupts the DNA of microbes. Without functioning DNA, microbes can't reproduce, which means there is nothing to make you sick. I'm sure my husband would go around purifying everything, but it would make for a perfect gift if your man loves the wilderness and outdoors.

8. Keep Calm and Carry On was one of the very first prints I ordered almost two years ago. It was a popular British poster during WW2. Since then the craze for KC&CO has gone out of hand it's everyone. The lovely couple from Little Brown Pen decided to make up some spoof versions. Log on now and you can order a PDF version for $5! My favorite month is August: Shave chest and Suck in Gut! Perfect stocking stuffer for all the men in your life. *Woman's version also available.

9. Peter Pan Syndrome. If the man in your life is still a child at heart then this is the perfect unique gift item for him. This Doodles coloring book has over 400 pages and is filled with illustrations by renowned children's book artist, Taro Gomi. The pages are filled with starts of doodles that let you use your imagination and finish up the page. A great little add-on to this would be some Smencials! I already ordered two books for 2 different Dirty Santa parties that I need to attend.

10. Men are men. Enough said. I think men of all different types would get a kick over this item.

11. My husband did have one final wish list item, but couldn't seem to find much info on it. I feel like every male I know would want one of these on their Christmas wish list as well.

5 Comments:

Blogger Kwana said...

Great list! Love the wallet. The hot dog roaster is too funny.

December 11, 2008 at 2:21 PM  
Blogger LindsB said...

HAHHA, a monkey..I just spit water on my computer laughing- love it!

December 11, 2008 at 3:39 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Thank you Camila!! Hahah I've been waiting for this list- I've been creatively drained for my Christmas gifts this year & have relied on ppl's blogs! I was waiting for your hubby list & the weather thing will be perfect!! thank you!!

December 12, 2008 at 10:03 AM  
Blogger Lynne said...

I love the idea of your husband having his own male den - sounds like a brilliant idea. I would NEVER want to go in there!

December 12, 2008 at 10:37 AM  
Blogger Haven and Home said...

What is it with guys and Survivor Man? Love the calendars!

December 12, 2008 at 11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home