Wednesday, January 14, 2009

In the dog house

Ok so there have been quite a few post already about Michael Smith being the newly appointed designer for the White House. Talk about dream job. I can't wait to see what he does. Since so many have already discussed and posted this announcement and pictures of his work I figured I would go another route.

A couple of days ago while getting ready for work there was a segment on the news over the 2 dog choices our new President and his family are looking into.

First off was the Portuguese Water Dog. Normally I'm not a fan of them. They have an awful lot of hair and truthfully I've never really meet one so I wasn't sure what to think until I found this picture:



The other dog in the running is a Golden Doodle. I have meet many of these little fellas during my trips to the dog park. I think they would be great pick for a family with kids. They are just lovable and goofy.



So do you think Michael is going to add some special decor for the pooch?

Here are some stylish picks for when they pick out there new furry addition:

Dog Gate




Chic Dog Bed



He/She will eat like a King/Queen: Dog Bowls



The new pooch will also a need a new collar with his/her famous address:



And last but not least some formal wear for all those important political events:



Hmm I just went onto Michael's site and was looking at his Jasper Line of fabrics and Furniture and the logo has a pup that looks like a Portuguese water dog. I wonder if this will sway the Obama's decision?

13 Comments:

Blogger Haven and Home said...

What a great idea for a post! I love the collars and the bowls!

January 15, 2009 at 10:20 AM  
Blogger Kwana said...

Love this post. Great job! My vote is for the golden doodle.

January 15, 2009 at 11:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

doodle!!

and I think I need ot buy the bow ties for my puppy!

January 15, 2009 at 12:18 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

hi, there! thanks for stopping by to read my guest post at the lilbee today. I love the doggie gear that you've posted here! I'm going to send the link to my sister..she's got two bulldogs!

January 15, 2009 at 12:40 PM  
Blogger LindsB said...

Love this post- so great! I love that food and water dish- they are so pretty!

January 15, 2009 at 12:48 PM  
Blogger Brooke @ Blueprint Bliss said...

I love goldendoodles! I can't get over that great dog bowl!

January 15, 2009 at 1:55 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Those dog bowls are too much!! hahah love them. i love both dogs too..

January 15, 2009 at 3:32 PM  
Blogger Raina Cox said...

It's too bad the Obamas don't have the dog already. A bowtie collar would be perfect for the inauguration.

And that may be the best doggie gate in the solar system.

January 16, 2009 at 2:52 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Both very cute dogs, but that golden doodle is a winner in my eyes. I've never even heard of a golden doodle, but I'm wondering if they are what we call groodles in Australia - a cross between a golden retriever and a poodle. Anyway, its cute.
Thanks for stopping by my blog, because it meant I got to discover yours!

January 16, 2009 at 5:54 AM  
Blogger Kristen said...

I thought they were going to get a rescue/shelter dog... what a shame that's not happening.

January 16, 2009 at 7:38 AM  
Blogger pve design said...

hey, "it's a dogs life!' I wonder who will walk the dog?

January 16, 2009 at 8:13 AM  
Blogger Pigtown*Design said...

My cousins have Portugese Water dogs. They look like square poodles.

January 19, 2009 at 8:48 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Awww Doodles are so cute. Have you ever heard about Groodle Puppies? The combination of Golden Retrievers and Poodles. they are so cute too.

Amey xoxox
www.ameyspuppies.com.au

January 21, 2014 at 2:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home