Tuesday, February 24, 2009

In the neighborhood

Hello Loveys,

Thanks for all the well wishes. I'm actually vertical today so that is progress and I haven't had 102 fever in the last couple of hours so that is also a plus. While it took a while to get going in the morning I was able to take a shower, get dressed in something other than PJ's, blow out my hair and put on make-up. Whew I'm tired even thinking about it all. I've been on house arrest since Saturday so I decided it would be nice to get out and get in some fresh air. I didn't expect it to be so cold which meant that the pups weren't going on their walk, but I did decide to take them on a little car ride and show you guys some pictures of my favorite houses in the neighborhood.

So first off I know you're all dying to know where Mrs. High-Heels lives. Here it is:


It's classified as a cape, which is totally not the type of home I was searching for, but it was in the neighborhood we wanted so we went and took a peek, feel in love, and placed a bid right away! I love all the cottage qualities it has. When the flowers are in bloom I will take pictures of the landscape and you will get a better feel for it all.

A couple of blocks away is one of my favorite homes in town. I love the sun room off the side. Sorry that the picture is a bit fuzzy, but I had the camera on manual yet I was trying to take pictures fast so I didn't get caught by some sort of neighborhood patrol and didn't have enough time to focus properly.




Down the block from the above home we are met with this beauty. Me and my husband both agree it is quite the dream home. It has two enclosed side porches and looks like it is full of character. Of course it also comes with a two car garage which my husband loves. I seriously drive by daily hoping to see a for sale sign.



The yellow paint job on this next home just makes me feel so happy every time I drive past it. It's not the normal house style I go for, but it's still one of my favorites that I wouldn't mind to call home. I love my craftsman bungalows first, but there are not many on the island then my heart belongs to Dutch Colonials.



Here another beauty that use to be on my way home from work 2 jobs ago. I hated the commute, but I loved getting to past this home on the other side of town. It's quite large so I don't think I could handle that much house now, but it is pretty sweet looking.



I hope you enjoyed taking a virtual stroll through my hood. I love the look and feel of an old home. I feel like it's full of history and with that does come a lot of remodeling and hard work, but I think it's worth it.

What is your favorite style home?

If anyone wants you can email me pictures of your home and we can do a match the home to the blogger. Should be fun! Let me know if anyone is interested.

17 Comments:

Blogger Courtney said...

Oh my gosh your home is so so cute!!! Lovely neighborhood and excited to hear you're at least upright today!

February 24, 2009 at 2:21 PM  
Blogger Kwana said...

Thanks for the neighborhood tour. Yours is lovely. I hope you're back to normal soon.

February 24, 2009 at 3:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is like the cutest idea..match the home to the bloggers! i love it!

that neighborhood looks adorable!

February 24, 2009 at 3:43 PM  
Blogger No.35style said...

your house is soooo CHARMING!! love it...great neighborhood...i love old houses!! hope you continue feeling better.

February 24, 2009 at 7:56 PM  
Blogger annechovie said...

So sorry you have been sick!It must be nice to be feeling better and getting out again. Love your home and neighborhood - very charming!

February 24, 2009 at 9:08 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Camila your house is so cute & just what I'm looking for!!! :) (it's even white! haha)

there are some beauties in your neighborhood!!!
xoxo

February 24, 2009 at 9:23 PM  
Blogger benson said...

mine would be an easy match...living in Arizona!

February 25, 2009 at 12:14 AM  
Blogger Fargerike Dagny said...

Your home is just beautiful! It's really cute :) I love the black one (pic no 3), that's exactly what my fantasy home looks like!

Hope you're feeling better today!

February 25, 2009 at 3:58 AM  
Blogger Brooke @ Blueprint Bliss said...

your house is great... so is your neighborhood!

February 25, 2009 at 7:20 AM  
Blogger alison giese Interiors said...

Love your cottage - gives me the warm fuzzies! Your neighborhood really makes me miss our own in The States.
Would love to do the match-the-house thing.
Glad you're feeling better!

February 25, 2009 at 8:46 AM  
Blogger I ♥ You said...

your home looks like a doll house! so cute!!! i love little old cottages - despite the fact that i just desecrated one and added a second story.

February 25, 2009 at 10:37 AM  
Blogger LindsB said...

I love your house- it is my favorite style too, a cape! I grew up in a cape house and my dad builds capes too. You have a wonderful neighborhood, what beautiful houses you get to look at all the time!

February 25, 2009 at 4:30 PM  
Blogger Haven and Home said...

Oh how fun! I love it! Your house is so cute!

February 25, 2009 at 9:36 PM  
Blogger Sarah Ring said...

I ADORE your perfect house!! Can I come live with you!? :)

February 26, 2009 at 4:34 PM  
Blogger Debra said...

What a lovely neighborhood. I love your sweet cape- looks warm and inviting. Hope you're up and about and feeling better each day.

February 27, 2009 at 10:07 AM  
Blogger ###### said...

You know I said I was going to do a post like this but didnt want to look like a stalker...I still may..I liked it.

March 3, 2009 at 2:36 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

oh these are so fab! They would be well out of my price range if they were in LA but they are so divine!

March 4, 2009 at 12:46 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home