Monday, April 20, 2009

In the closet

Ok I’ll admit it anytime that Clueless is playing on TV I will most likely stop what I’m doing and sit down and watch.



clueless



When I was younger I was obsessed with moving to California. A la  Brenda Walsh I wanted to move to the West Coast, have fun in the sun, shop and of course marry Luke Perry. Then 1995 comes around and enter a movie that shows me teenage life in California. I was in heaven. I read the book and watched the movie numerous times. I loved the scenery, the slang, and of course the clothes. Oh yes I rocked those above the knee tights one too many times.



One of my favorite parts of the film is when we get to see Cher’s closet.

clueless closet computer



Not only does she have a computer program that helps dress her, but she doesn’t even need to walk into a closet. As if! She has an automated rotating closet like the ones seen at a dry cleaners with a remote control and everything. Heaven!



A lot of time has passed since 1995 and we’ve been able to get sneak peaks into many celebrities closets:



nicky closet jamie lynn closet

mariamenounos closet eva's closet



Of course I oh and ah over their amazing closet more so for the clothes though then the actual closet because my heart still belongs to Cher’s closet.



I didn't really think people actually had automated closets, but at the Architectural Digest Home Show (which was pretty much a snore) I saw that it was possible with a Luxe wardrobe!



luxe closet



They offer conveyor belts in different configurations and even offer a vertical conveyor for your shoes!



luxe shoes



You can also download this to your iphone  and save pictures of your outfits, tag them, share them with friends and put together  outfits with the help of your friends.



So I can almost get Cher’s closet. It’s at the tip of my fingers. Now I just need to get a closet that is bigger than 3’ x 4’, find some fab designer clothes, order a Luxe system and get an iphone.



Ah so close, but totally not there. Whatever.



Great minds think a like. Make sure you visit Cassandra from Coco and Kelley today if you have a picture worthy closet or if you are in need of help for her new style (e)scape series!

Labels:

12 Comments:

Blogger LindsB said...

I LOVE this movie, I hate to admit it but I think I could recite every word in the whole movie. And yes, I was/is totally jealous of her closet, its so cool!

April 20, 2009 at 10:38 AM  
Blogger Haven and Home said...

I loved that closet and movie. I must have seen it a thousand times. It is so funny I was not the only person obsessed with the rotating closet and computer.

April 20, 2009 at 10:40 AM  
Blogger Sarah Ring said...

Honestly - had they sold a Clueless "Closet Computer" program, I TOTALLY would have had it on my wish list!! Someone could have BANKED on that one and I guess 10 years later they have! This was such a cute post Camila!!

April 20, 2009 at 11:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

best movie ever...after that movie came out, I asked for that closet for Christmas..

April 20, 2009 at 11:51 AM  
Blogger Christina said...

wow...i wouldn't know what to do with myself i owned so much stuff that i'd have to use and automated closet...this is why i was never destined to be rich, that sort of thing scares me. (love clueless btw).

April 20, 2009 at 12:10 PM  
Blogger Brooke @ Blueprint Bliss said...

Great movie... so jealous of the fabulous closets out there!

April 20, 2009 at 1:20 PM  
Blogger Lauren Jade said...

love love love your blog!! so fun and im following now. I 100% envy the fact you live in NY. I visited last year for a week and found some great things. I'm from sonoma county in CA but have been in the south for 2 and I'm so ready to get out of here! Thanks for this fun post! I'm a closet freak. My boyfriend is scared of how obsessive I am of my closet.

April 21, 2009 at 12:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just thinking about Clueless makes me all warm inside :-)

April 21, 2009 at 1:08 AM  
Blogger Lauren said...

hahaha and it reminds me of the bad girl's closet in girls just wanna have fun!!

April 21, 2009 at 8:44 AM  
Blogger Maddio said...

LOVE the movie Clueless! And the soundtrack is amazing! I so wanted her closet. Too bad mine is one of those tiny closets with the 1980's sliding mirrored doors- eww!

April 21, 2009 at 12:30 PM  
Blogger KrohnMan said...

You can also get an "Automated Closet" from StorageMotion Inc. We have automated vertical carousels and motorized wardrobe lifts that bring out of reach clothes down to a level where you can get to them and they are cheaper than you think!

May 27, 2009 at 4:14 PM  
Blogger Red Lipstick said...

I still lust over Cher's closet to this day! I've seen that movie countless times because I love that closet so much.

November 16, 2009 at 6:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home