Friday, June 12, 2009

Take a seat

How chic and fun are these chairs that I found while at Brooklyn Flea!



First meet Fruit Salad:



fruit salad chair                                          She was my favorite. Orange gets me everytime!



She also comes in pink. Pictured below is Tootsie:



tootie chair



If bold color is not your thing they have London Town:



londontownchair



If color is totally your thing then they have the Joker:



jokerstripedchair



I would love to take credit for all of those creative names especially tootsie, but they were given by their creators the lovely ladies over at The Divine Chair Company.



They were such a pop of fun while walking around the flea market and totally stopped me dead in my tracks. Of course I decided to be super shy and merely grabbed a business card and ran away so I have no idea what the price range is for them.



Regardless they are great shots of inspiration for what you can do if your not afraid of a little paint and color. Sometimes all it takes is a $20 Craigslist find and you can do the same.

Labels: , , ,

16 Comments:

Blogger LindsB said...

OMG, I LOVE those chairs....I think you just found my next project!! I might have to do something orange, its a sweet spot of mine too :)

Thanks for the linky- you are the best! xoxo- have a good weekend!

June 12, 2009 at 4:34 PM  
Blogger Julie Richard - Shelter said...

I wish I lived closer, I would def. head to the Brooklyn Flea Market. Have a great weekend. Enjoy Julie and Julia, if you see the movie!!

Best,
Julie
Shelter

June 12, 2009 at 5:29 PM  
Blogger Lauren Jade said...

how cool are those!? my mom is so good at doing stuff like that...she's been making shabby chic dog beds and selling on etsy! :D these are so cute. i want to attempt a reupholster something! all i've done is make a headboard.

June 12, 2009 at 6:11 PM  
Blogger Miss Madras said...

Those are fabulous! I love Ging Gang Goolie on their gallery page.

June 12, 2009 at 6:17 PM  
Blogger Blair Friedeman said...

Oh, those are stunning! Have a great weekend. xx blair

June 12, 2009 at 7:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, I want the pink.

June 12, 2009 at 8:30 PM  
Blogger My Galveston Cottage said...

I'm a chair-aholic. Can't resist this preferred seating. Are these vintage or new? So fun, the names and style! -s

June 13, 2009 at 9:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How cute - both the chairs and the names. And hey, I didn't know you were a fan of orange. :) Yay! Orange is my favorite!

Enjoy your weekend! xoxo, ALEK

June 13, 2009 at 1:27 PM  
Blogger Meg said...

I love chairs...I love benches, chairs, stools, bar stools, basically anything you can sit on. I find myself becoming a bit addicted to them. Maybe I will try to be as brave as you and refinish one, I mean if I put $20 into it, it wouldn't be a total loss if I mess it up, who knows, maybe I will be a master at it.

Chair shopping it is!

June 13, 2009 at 4:51 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

great idea...I've seen some great ones at junk shops along my commute, I should try one. The nailhead trim is a great detail.

June 14, 2009 at 8:57 AM  
Blogger PS~Erin said...

That first chair is just so perfect. I love it!!

June 14, 2009 at 10:10 AM  
Blogger Katy said...

gorgeous chairs! i could see the joker sitting in my living room...just a little added color!

June 14, 2009 at 2:54 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Those are terrific! I wish I knew how to reupholster chairs and such!

June 14, 2009 at 8:28 PM  
Blogger Jessica @ Lavender and Lilies said...

what awesome chairs. I love the damask one.

June 14, 2009 at 10:18 PM  
Blogger Haven and Home said...

Oh these are great. You made me laugh at the shy comment, I get like that too!

June 15, 2009 at 10:35 AM  
Blogger Molly said...

that last (striped) chair is amazing!

June 15, 2009 at 2:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home