A couple of weeks ago I took part in an a fun little exchange that Jill from the Good life for Less started. Whoever wanted to participate got matched up with another blogger and then we had to send them a simple delight in the mail. It could have been anything and the key was to not spend a lot of $$$, but still make someone’s day.
I got matched up with Maggie from Magchunk, which was a lot of fun, because I had never read Maggie’s blog before and I’m now a daily reader!
Maggie is from Seattle so I wanted to send her a bit of sunshine, even though lately I’m feeling like it’s more like Seattle here in NY with all these gray clouds! You can check out what I sent to Maggie here.
A couple of days later I received this from Maggie:
Here are 5 simple delights I enjoy:
1. Getting mail. I love getting mail. Not junk mail, but a letter from a friend or a gift is such a fun thing to open. I even love when I order something off ebay and then totally forget it about and receive a box weeks later.
* Maggie already did great with just sending me something in the mail!
2. Magazines. I love that time of the month when my new monthly magazines are coming in. Everyone in my family knows they better not open them before me. I love having a crisp new magazine waiting for me at home.
*Then Maggie hit one of my other simple delights and send me a fresh copy of Sunset that I had not read and I’m now going to subscribe to!
3. Cupcakes: Something so little yet they make me so happy. I love them. I don’t eat them all the time anymore, because my metabolism from my early twenties is not quite the same as my metabolism from my late twenties. Boo to that!
*Maggie must have know I was watching my figure and sent me a lovely postcard with cupcakes and sneaky lady that she was it was stuck in between pages in my magazine so I didn’t find it until much later. She also added a bag of gummy bears that weren’t too bad calorie wise so I opened them right away. Yum!
4. Trash to Treasures: I love finding something for a thrift store or even the curb and then making something out of it.
5. Thunderstorms: I totally want to change my answer since this month we’ve had such dreary, rainy weather these last couple of weeks, but normally I love a good rainstorm where I can stay in bed and watch Lifetime movies all day long and not feel guilty that I didn’t do a thing all day!!!
What are some of your favorite simple delights?