Friday, June 12, 2009

IN HER SHOES: JESS LC

jesslc 



Our newest IN HER SHOES featured lady, Jess Constable, has quite the resume. By the age of 15 she had started her first jewelry line that she sold throughout her her home state of Michigan. After that she went off to college and studied business administration. During her time at school she took part in an  internship at Macys in product development. She loved the experience, but realized that she loved picking everything from the font on the packaging to the beads used in the jewelry. She wanted to do it all!  She graduated in 2007 and was named Entrepreneur of the year. She then moved to Chicago and has settled there happily as the owner and head designer of JESS LC and blogger at Makeunder My Life.



Whew! I’m tired just thinking about all of that. Jess really knows what she wants out of life and hit the ground running. I don’t know about you, but in my mid-twenties I was having quite the quarter life crisis! It’s so refreshing to hear about someone who followed their passion and had their dreams come true.



I learned about Jess during a lunch date that I had with Patricia. Her blog was one of the many gems that Patricia let me in on during our get together. I of course then went home and ohhed and ahhed over all the pieces of jewelry that I wanted. Which then lead to me taking  part in a give away on This is Glamorous (I won), which lead us to both chat and then ask each other to participate in features on our own receptive blogs. Ah a friendship was born.



So without further ado here is a day in the life of Jess!

________________________________________________



6:20: Woke up from a text from my running buddy, Kristin. I got ready and we ran exactly 1/2 block before it started to rain. I promptly returned home and went back to bed.



lakemichigan


7:30: Woke up for real this time and opened the blinds to this wonderful (foggy) view of Lake Michigan. Really, the lake is *right* there.



 jessbreakfast


8:30: Eat breakfast with Erwin and get ready for the day. We watch the Today Show every morning.



jesstea


9:20: Arrive at the jewelry studio ready to work. I start each morning with a cup of Honey Vanilla White Tea Chai from Celestial Seasonings. It is heaven in a cup. I write my intentions for the day on my computer journal and sift through emails. I also start creeping into my Google analytics for JESS LC and my blog, Makeunder My Life. Then I started poking in my Google reader.



jesscountrymusic


11:00: Start working on jewelry orders. I have a very bad addiction to the "Big R Country Radio" station on iTunes. I don't know how or why. But somehow I need this station to keep myself focused on jewelry. Waiting patiently for a cure.



jessnecklace


11:30: Make a custom necklace for a special client. I don't normally do custom pieces but this time I made an exception.



12:30: Ate a huge salad of baby spinach, cashews, dried cranberries, bean sprouts, and blackberries. I topped it off with Honey Mustard dressing, not the best combo, but it's what I had on hand.



1:00: Continued popping between email and jewelry making filling orders from over the weekend and that morning. Country music still playing.



jess strawberries


2:30: Got a call from a dear advisor from college. We talked for about an hour. It was so nice to catch up with her. Snacked on strawberries and popcorn.



jess orders


5:30: Dropped off orders and then went to CVS to pick up conditioner and a few other things. Somehow managed for the second time to buy shampoo instead of conditioner.



6:30: Ate a quick power bar and toast and headed to Paws, a no-kill animal shelter to get volunteer training.



8:45: Got home from volunteering and watched a DVRed Joel Osteen. Ate strawberries with dark chocolate syrup.



10:00: Went to sleep. Erwin was watching the end of the Lakers game (on mute).

jess sneakers


I spent the day in these Nike kicks because they were comfortable and doggie friendly.


___________________________________________________



Thanks Jess! It was great to learn more about your day and just an idea, but Camila would make a fab new for a new jewelry collection. Think about it!  :)

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger LindsB said...

Love this!! I love her jewelry line, when I get married (yea prob. in like 10 years at this rate) I'd love some of her stuff for my big day- love love love it!

June 12, 2009 at 12:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this feature, Camila! So inspiring... Yet again with these women who run at the crack of dawn... someday...err.. maybe :-)

June 12, 2009 at 1:03 PM  
Blogger TheBeautyFile said...

Great interview! Love to sneak a peak into other people's days! Who doesn't? Have a great weekend!

June 12, 2009 at 2:46 PM  
Blogger The City Sage said...

Jess is so inspiring, isn't she? and after reading about her day, I'm convinced she gets more done in 12 hours than I do in an entire week. great post!

June 13, 2009 at 11:35 AM  
Blogger Meg said...

That is a fun day! I love visiting the animal rescue I volunteer for, it is so rewarding. That custom necklace that she made is beautiful!

June 13, 2009 at 4:34 PM  
Blogger Christina said...

fantastic! i love jess' jewelery and it's always nice to get to know a bloggie buddy a little more.

June 13, 2009 at 9:22 PM  
Blogger Haven and Home said...

That does sound like a wonderful day!

June 15, 2009 at 10:39 AM  
Blogger whenigrowupcoach said...

What a heavenly day! From the tea (the running in the fog did NOT sound lovely to me :) ) to the strawberries with dark chocolate... so sweet!

Michelle | When I Grow Up Coach
whenigrowupcoach.com/blog

June 15, 2009 at 5:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home