Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Delectable Sweets

Two of my favorite things in the world is design and sweets! I can’t help it. I adore bakeries and finding that perfect cupcake, brownie, etc. While other people do bar crawls I do bakery crawls. I have made my husband come with me on outing after outing where I just have a master list of addresses and our GPS. I then get to try out shops that I’ve heard of and figure out if they make my list of the most perfect sweet.



Well a journey to this latest bakery that I spotted would be quite the trip, but at least I would know a friendly face when I arrived.



Since I won’t be able to taste these sweets anytime soon here is some eye candy of the amazing store display.



delectablestorefront

There is no way I would be able to pass that store front and not go in. All that creamy white, the stripes on the wall, the amazing lighting fixture and baked goods. Ah heaven!



delectablestripedwalls

Here you can catch a better look at the happy sunny yellow striped walls and get a sneak peak into their packaging. I am a marketers dream. Make the label pretty and it so coming home with me.



delectablepackaging   delectableyellowpackaging


I love the attention to detail. Look at the packaging job on that tiny little truffle! I also love how the continued the use of yellow stripes in the packaging.



delectableinside
I love how it looks like a high-end boutique. They have your standard cupcakes and cookies, but that owner is quite the designer cake baker.



delectabledisplaywindow 

delectableemployee delectableemployeeyellow


Another attention to detail that I love is that employees are asked to dress in yellow and/or white to unify there branding even more. What a presence.



As if this shop didn’t sound perfect enough already the owner has a blog that she started to document her love of cooking and photography. From there she took her dream and passion and recently opened up the shop that you see featured above.



The shop’s location is in KL, Malaysia and since I can’t taste of any of it right away I must email my girl Courtney and tell her to go have a cupcake for me!



What’s your weakness? Anyone else melt at the knees over beautiful store displays that also sell baked goods?



Could I be the only one? Share so that I can convince Jon that a Road Trip/Bakery Crawl around America is a  great idea!

Labels:

14 Comments:

Blogger Sarah Ring said...

That is possibly the CUTEST RETAIL SPACE EVER (aside from Kate Spades of course)!!

June 10, 2009 at 10:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

agree with SD! adorable!

June 10, 2009 at 11:15 AM  
Blogger TheBeautyFile said...

omg! wow...totally amazing! i would have thought it was a high end jewelry shop!

June 10, 2009 at 11:19 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Everything about the space is delicious-from the decor to the scrumptious looking goodies. I wonder if they'd be keen on opening a location in Charlotte?

A girl can hope!

June 10, 2009 at 12:03 PM  
Blogger LindsB said...

oh my gosh, my BF is there right now- I will email him and tell him to check this place out and bring us home something sweet :)

June 10, 2009 at 12:28 PM  
Blogger MaryBeth said...

So funny, as soon as you mentioned KL, I thought how can I get a message to Inside the Loop and let her know about this place. Problem solved, you know her 9i only read her blog) I hope she gets there and tells us all about it. MB

June 10, 2009 at 12:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I love it! I am a total sucker for good retail space--there's a way overpriced home goods shop in my 'hood that I can't walk past without going in... sigh.

June 10, 2009 at 1:31 PM  
Blogger Brooke @ Blueprint Bliss said...

Love this... the packaging and branding is fabulous!

June 10, 2009 at 2:22 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

so pretty!!! loving the yellow!!! my weakness is salami. really. i can walk into a bakery & not want a thing but if i even hear "deli" i need some meat fast!!

June 10, 2009 at 2:43 PM  
Blogger Aartee said...

oh that looks like such a fun little shop!

June 10, 2009 at 4:20 PM  
Blogger pve design said...

I think if Kate Spade sold sweets - I would be there.
I was in her shop the other day and fell head over heels for a list of items....crazy colors, lovely sweet things.

June 10, 2009 at 4:27 PM  
Blogger Meg said...

I think hubby can pass on going on the bakery crawl with you and you can take me!

Crap, now I want to go get a cupcake!!

June 10, 2009 at 7:39 PM  
Blogger Haven and Home said...

Ok, I need something sweet now...

June 10, 2009 at 10:01 PM  
Blogger Verdigris Vie said...

Yeah - this is definitely inspirational retail space.. Branding is carried throughout tastefully, packaging is so pretty, and the display of all the mouthwatering sweets.. Fantastic

Vitania

June 10, 2009 at 11:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home