Tuesday, March 2, 2010

All about blue

This months  House Beautiful explores the color blue. From denim to royal and all shades in between the blue hue was center stage.

 



They provided us with designers favorite blue paints and show cased some jaw dropping rooms in which the color blue was key.

 



Imagine my excitement when I found out via twitter that you were actually gifting some lucky New Yorkers blue chairs!

 



So dear readers of mine if you are in the NYC area keep your eyes peeled.

 



Throughout the city House Beautiful is placing blue chairs and the rules of finders keepers apply. The first person to find it gets to walk away with it.

 



How do you know where the chairs are going to be? They are giving out clues via their twitter account.

 



Here on some of the chairs you have an opportunity to win:

 



This chair is from Lee Industries and retails for $1,545. I’m dying to walk away with this one. It would fit nicely in my living room and look at all that bling with the nail head trim.



traditionwithatwist



Another pick that I wouldn’t mind dragging home is this number by Room & Board that retails for $750.



roomandboard



I would actually love two of the following chairs for myself. How chic is this number by Mitchell Gold & Bob Williams? Ah true love and finding it for free is the only way it’s making it into my home with it’s $2,380 price tag.



wyattchair 



I’m loving this shade of blue from Arhaus! It’s a great jolt of color. I actually found some mistint paint this weekend in that color and it’s just sitting around waiting for a project.



arhauschair 



My favorites tended to be the more traditional chairs, but they also have a variety of modern picks that are heading out to be snatched as well.



modern blue



To get a glimpse of all the chairs that are being given away check here!

 



If any of my New York readers snag a chair you must invite me over to check it out in person! I will be green with jealously! Perhaps I should make a trip into the city tomorrow and see if I happen to stumble upon blue heaven.

Labels: ,

27 Comments:

Blogger Abbie said...

I would take any of those! You should definitely go into town for that!!

March 2, 2010 at 11:01 AM  
Blogger bluehydrangea said...

Love this idea..hating I am not in NY. such a fun idea!!!

March 2, 2010 at 11:16 AM  
Anonymous Bailey @ peppermintbliss said...

WHat a strange/interesting idea

March 2, 2010 at 11:20 AM  
Blogger Debbie@Vintage Scout Interiors said...

Why is all the good stuff in NYC? waaaaaaa! Let me hear you chant, "Dayton! Dayton!" Good luck to all you in the city.

March 2, 2010 at 11:28 AM  
Blogger alison giese Interiors said...

Pretty darn cool idea!

March 2, 2010 at 11:45 AM  
Blogger LindsB said...

What a great promotional giveaway! I would take any of those blue chairs in a heartbeat! House Beautiful, can you do this in Boston too???

March 2, 2010 at 12:14 PM  
Blogger Dallas Landrum-Martin said...

New Yorkers get to have all the fun!

March 2, 2010 at 12:17 PM  
Blogger Katie @ Noodle and Boof said...

LOVE them! That first one is sumptuous! Hope you find one!

March 2, 2010 at 12:21 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Are you sure they didn't say KENTUCKY instead of NYC? I know they can easily be confused! I love ALL of those chairs, especially the fluffy, comfy looking ones!

March 2, 2010 at 12:21 PM  
Blogger Averill said...

What a fun way to giveaway prizes! I only wish I lived in NYC so I could play along, too.

March 2, 2010 at 12:25 PM  
Blogger Dreams of Perfection said...

I would snag a friend and hunt the city ALL day! Wouldn't that be a fun day w/ a friend. And if you found one imagine the story you get tell of how you got it!

March 2, 2010 at 12:28 PM  
Blogger Rita Mireles said...

I agree with comment from "Dallas". I live in Irving, TX so I can relate!

March 2, 2010 at 12:47 PM  
Blogger Decor I Adore said...

Oh my goodness I just posted this on my facebook page so that all my friends and family that live in NY keep their eyes wide open for this... I miss NY soooo much!

My favorite are the first two, but I would take any of these!

March 2, 2010 at 1:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great idea!

If anyone in NYC finds one and doesn't want it, I will gladly take donations.

March 2, 2010 at 1:13 PM  
Blogger Kelly Green said...

Imagine bumping into one of these blue beauties! What a cool idea~ love that first one too.KG

March 2, 2010 at 1:23 PM  
Blogger ashlina {the decorista} said...

hey there..just found your blog from miss bailey at peppermint bliss. AM SO IN LOVE!

great spring list by the way!!!

xo
ashilna
secretsofdomesticbliss.blogspot.com

March 2, 2010 at 1:41 PM  
Blogger Scientific Housewife said...

These pictures are awesome!

March 2, 2010 at 2:28 PM  
Anonymous Christine said...

I have to admit that issue was not my favorite as I am not a fan of blue, but I'm definitely keeping my fingers crossed for you. Go Camile!!!

March 2, 2010 at 2:31 PM  
Blogger Midwest Modern said...

What!? This is so cool...maybe I'll make Daniela go get one for me...

March 2, 2010 at 3:23 PM  
Blogger Whatever Dee-Dee wants said...

I love the pictures of the chairs outside! Cute chairs!


Stop by my blog to enter to win a pair of sassy boots!

March 2, 2010 at 3:38 PM  
Blogger Marija said...

Okay add that to the list of reasons I wish I lived in NYC! What a fun give away! I totally hope you or one of you readers wins so we can get the scoop! Marija

March 2, 2010 at 4:04 PM  
Blogger MFAMB said...

love. chair. number. 3.

March 2, 2010 at 4:46 PM  
Blogger Connie @ SogniESorrisi said...

Love 1 & 3.

Blue is my fave.

March 2, 2010 at 5:39 PM  
Blogger Chic Coles said...

I can't believe this! I would love to find one and keep it!

March 2, 2010 at 9:01 PM  
Blogger Susie @ Maddie G Designs said...

How fun is this. What a great idea!

March 3, 2010 at 7:14 AM  
Blogger Brooke @ Blueprint Bliss said...

What a fun thing to do!

March 3, 2010 at 8:23 AM  
Blogger Lovely Little Nest said...

Oooh that first chair is gorgeous! And the 2nd and 3rd chairs would look excellent in our home! Great inspiration pics

March 3, 2010 at 2:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home