Friday, March 5, 2010

Who’s that girl?

I love getting mail! Especially when it’s magazines & catalogs. The other day in my mail pile a familiar face was looking back at me.

 



Ok so the picture wasn’t familiar in the sense that I actually know the person, but familiar in the way that I’m beyond obsessed with the lady. Don’t worry it’s not in a creepy way just in a professional way.

 

 

 

 



Her interior design work is impeccable, she is the queen of traditional with a twist and I love her unique name. It was none other than Celerie Kemble.

 



Celerie was picked by J.CREW as part of a group of ladies that inspire their collections.

 



Doesn’t she look so chic! I could design a whole room around her outfit.

 



Love the statement jewelry – check


Small flower print & ruffles for a touch of feminine – check

Sparkly skirt for a touch of glam – check


Belt with small studs for a bit of edge –check

 



All crucial elements in a stylish outfit or room.

 



celerie

 



She runs a design firm which her mother started in the early 80s.



 



She has a fabric line and is not afraid of pattern and bold colors especially my all time favorite…orange!



 



Her book, To Your Taste resides on my nightstand and is a constant source of inspiration. I’ve read it multiple times and I always learn something new.



toyourtasteceleriekemble



The interiors that her and her team create are simply gorgeous.

 



Take a glimpse into some of my favorites from their portfolio:



kemble1

 



kemble2 



kemble3 



kemble4 



Celerie’s office where I’m certain all the magic happens. Loving the blues and green/yellows. It reminds me a bit of the colors in my business card.



kembleoffice



It must be amazing to be a part of her team.  I would be happy enough to simply fetch her coffee!

 



I’m looking forward to seeing what Kemble Interiors does at this year’s Kips Bay Decorator Showhouse.

 



Image 1. scanned by moi (jcrew catalog), Images 2-9 via Kemble Interiors

Labels:

16 Comments:

Blogger I'maNolaGirl said...

I love her use of color!!

March 5, 2010 at 11:32 AM  
Blogger Elena said...

I adore her style. She was actually a few years ahead of me in school. And that really is her real name...her sister is Phoebe. Nice girls.

March 5, 2010 at 11:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've had her book on my Amazon wish list for awhile. After seeing these images, I'm thinking I should just go ahead and buy it for myself!

March 5, 2010 at 11:52 AM  
Blogger Abbie said...

I am drooling over the lamps with the huge green shades. Gorgeous!

March 5, 2010 at 11:59 AM  
Anonymous michelle @ blissful musings said...

I was just posting about how much I like getting mail today. She has great style.

March 5, 2010 at 12:20 PM  
Blogger Kelly Green said...

What a great collaboration! loves Celeries' style - thanks for the pics! KG

March 5, 2010 at 3:39 PM  
Blogger Marija said...

I totally agree - it's her not too over the top use of color that gets me every time. And I love the belt in the jcrew add! Marija

March 5, 2010 at 4:53 PM  
Blogger Averill said...

I was also excited to see Celerie in JCrew (and I think it's a brilliant idea on their part to feature prominent women in the arts as models). And her book is one of my favorites.

Happy weekend!

March 5, 2010 at 5:11 PM  
Blogger Chic Coles said...

All of us girls are obsessed with her work! Love the "who's that girl" feature!

March 6, 2010 at 1:47 PM  
Blogger My Galveston Cottage said...

I like both her work -- and her name!

March 6, 2010 at 3:38 PM  
Blogger C.J. said...

great outfit! great colors! great post! thanks...

March 7, 2010 at 8:43 AM  
Blogger Honeygo Beasley said...

Wow, gorgeous! I love the yellow and teal combination and the teal leather chairs. That office is to die for! Thanks for sharing - great taste, Well Heeled Lady!

March 7, 2010 at 9:41 AM  
Blogger Christen said...

What an amazing woman! I am going to have to go purchase her book! Her work is stunning.

March 7, 2010 at 4:37 PM  
Anonymous Laura Casey Interiors said...

she is one of my faves, the girl can do no wrong!

March 7, 2010 at 6:29 PM  
Anonymous Laura Casey Interiors said...

she is one of my faves, the girl can do no wrong!

March 7, 2010 at 6:29 PM  
Blogger Scientific Housewife said...

Wow, she has a great style!

March 8, 2010 at 9:30 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home