Thursday, April 1, 2010

Birds & Butterflies revisited…

A while ago when I was first considering my design plan for the dining room this wallpaper caught my eye immediately:



SCHUMACHER_BIRDS_AND_BUTTERLIES_DOMINO_MAG_thumb[3]



Ok so I wasn’t in love with massive butterfly on the wall, but the paper was calling my name along with that fab aqua floor.

 



I even convinced Jon that it would be perfect in our home! Then like a typical girl I moved on to another obsession and changed directions a bit.

 



This paper though has always stayed in the back of my mind and is now saved away for a hopefully, fingers crossed, if  I can ever get a bun in the oven nursery.

 



I was so happy to see a couple of days ago that Caroline was using it in her new studio:



armellestudio



Ah she even did a similar floor. Can you believe that is a concrete floor that she stained! In love.

 



I can’t wait to see the room evolve.  If you are interested in the wallpaper it is available via F.Schumacher. It is to the trade, but if you would like to order it from me email away!

 



Her studio is for her jewelry business:

 



Large Amour Necklace



amournecklace



I love you all the time



iloveyouallthetime

Danielle earrings



danielleearrings



Love all of her pieces!

 




* So sorry that I didn’t get to post a 2nd post yesterday. The day got away from me.

 



I’ve been trying to blog twice a day. I’m kinda loving it. I do a longer post in the morning and then a short & sweet one in the afternoon.

 



What are your thoughts on it?

 



Image 1 via Domina, Image 2 via Full House via Armelle, Images 3-5 via Armelle

Labels: , ,

18 Comments:

Blogger Dreams of Perfection said...

That nursery is going to be so whimsy yet modern! Love it :)

And blogging twice a day the style you are describing sounds better than trying to schedule one each day. Sometimes short and sweet is all one needs.

April 1, 2010 at 10:03 AM  
Blogger Hamptontoes said...

I think the wallpaper is fabulous and loved it since I first saw it in the magazine (was it Domino?) I love bold wallpapers in a dining room. Although, it would look great in any room.

April 1, 2010 at 10:04 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Love the wallpaper, I am a huge fan of patterned papers, and this one is just gorgeous (especially for spring!).

April 1, 2010 at 10:27 AM  
Blogger Silvia C said...

Love the aqua floor! So unique, serene and fabulous!

April 1, 2010 at 10:36 AM  
Blogger Janell @ House of Fifty said...

Love this wallpaper, looks divine with the painted floors! Looking forward to seeing how you use it...Janell

April 1, 2010 at 10:49 AM  
Blogger Nikki said...

Je'taime the AMOUR necklace. Darling!

April 1, 2010 at 11:25 AM  
Blogger Averill said...

Oooh I'd totally forgotten how much I loved that room!

April 1, 2010 at 11:36 AM  
Blogger Full House said...

silly question, of course I love it when you post twice a day:-)

And you don't love that big huge butterfly...what's wrong with you (April Fools)

Have a great day!

April 1, 2010 at 11:43 AM  
Blogger hana said...

the more, the better! i owe you a photo of what i did with that blue ikat fabric from LS. soon, promise!

April 1, 2010 at 12:03 PM  
Anonymous Bailey@ peppermintbliss said...

Just what the doctor ordered, I am trying to sell my clients on a concrete floor and they aren't quite sure yet, this should do the trick!

April 1, 2010 at 12:11 PM  
Blogger style-for-style said...

that is a concrete floor!!??!!
wow, I am so inspired

April 1, 2010 at 12:43 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

i am all for extra blog posts! more to read and more to love :)

April 1, 2010 at 12:45 PM  
Blogger Anna said...

Oh, I love that paper ever since I first saw it in my beloved Domino (sniff, sniff).

Enjoy!

April 1, 2010 at 5:43 PM  
Blogger Chic Coles said...

My mom and I just love anything butterflies. Especially butterfly wallpaper!

April 1, 2010 at 7:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

im dying to use utterflies. i love the mod green [od wallpaper as well!

April 1, 2010 at 8:20 PM  
Blogger Courtney said...

I love that paper and floor combo! Absolutely gorgeous!

April 2, 2010 at 11:58 AM  
Blogger Hello Lover... said...

I'd completely forgotten about this room - thank you for the reminder. I was obsessed when I originally saw this. And who wouldn't love a turquoise floor - Love it!

April 3, 2010 at 1:53 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

thanks for the shout out! i'm so glad you like my studio!

May 2, 2010 at 6:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home